PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Advice

Shax
09-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Driving home yesterday I was following two Nitrogen Trucks that were absolutely filthy and had clumps of dirt falling out from under at least one of them. They were mostly disintegrating on the highway but one decided to go through the trucks rear tire and a golf ball sized rock shattered my windshield, my pretty much brand new windshield. When I say shattered I don't mean a rock chip I mean missing glass and a pretty sizable divot. I contacted the company with the trucks plates and a description of what happened and they said they will get back to me on Monday.

Any ideas what my rights here are? I understand it's up to the companies discretion whether or not they compensate me but any ideas how I can coax them into being co-operative? It was my understanding that a company vehicle had to be clean or at least free of loose falling dirt and debris. In regards to why I was even following these trucks, they decided to pull off a nice Canadian roadblock down the highway haha.

Any advice would be welcomed, if I'm SOL than I'm SOL if I have some leeway here to bargain than I am going to try to get my windshield replaced. :dunno:

StreetRacerX
09-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I believe that if it is something that came off their truck they are liable, if its road debris that the tire fired at your windshield your sol.

Looks like they owe you a windshield.