PDA

View Full Version : first week of school

girlRACER
09-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Just wondering how everyone's first week of school was?

For me, it was all just stress, stress and more stress.

Today I walked into class and sat in the back. I couldn't help but overhear two girls complain that some second year students were in their group in another class and that they don't like second year students because they have no idea what they were doing. I thought to myself, they are such snobs! Then the prof starts lecturing and mentions about the room where the tutorials are to take place. I didn't even know there were tutorials in that class. I was forced to ask those two snobby chics which made me look so dumb. Then on top of all of that, the prof starts lecturing and the first thing he writes down are a bunch of mathematical calculations and asks us to write the journal entries. Naturally I have not preread the chapters before going to class and I am more confused. Then I think to myself....journal entries....this is a 4th year Accounting Course I"m in!!!! I'm in the WRONG CLASS and I was sitting there for 20 minutes already! Oh I was sooooo embarassed. I jetted out of that class and everyone was looking at me. It turns out that the classroom was the one next to it!! I'm so stupid sometimes!

On top of all of that, I missed the Viva Italia Private Shopping Night at Holt Renfrew. I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag...but I'm at home instead doing homework!! And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!

Stratus_Power
09-12-2002, 10:01 PM
" And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!"

OMG high roller!

Dirty_SOHC
09-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
(I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!)

Lol :eek: :eek: :eek:

[GaGe]
09-12-2002, 10:03 PM
Well the computer teacher is especially mean to me cause i type faster than him and he's jealous, so i hate him. My social and LA teacher doesn't like extra work, so i had to erase all my extra work. My homeroom teacher was really nice and cool, but he got another job, so he left, and we're left with a mean teacher. Which I also hate. Other than that, my week's been pretty good so far. I like junior high much more than elementary. Funner stuff :thumbsup:

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:04 PM
hahaha it feels so good to not have to go to school for once. i graduated in june and i am taking a year off.. :clap: ..SUCKERS!!!! jk

girlRACER
09-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Never mind...correction. There is no Level 12. I think it goes:
Level 1 - $1500
Level 2 - Club Select $3000
Level 3 - $6000
Level 4 - $12,000
Level 5 - $25,000
Level 6 - $50,000
Level 7 - $100,000!!

I was wrong! You have to spend $100,000 per year to get to Level 7!!!
Compared to that I'm NO high roller!

girlRACER
09-12-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
My social and LA teacher doesn't like extra work, so i had to erase all my extra work.

What?!!! He must be racist and thinks you're one of those extra-keen asian students that gets over a 100% on everything!...but I can't believe he made you erase it all!

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:12 PM

Level 3 - $6000

you spend six grand a year on what exactly??

Stratus_Power
09-12-2002, 10:13 PM
haha my first week is good! alrady had 5 classes of bio I *think * and im proud to say i fell asleep in EVERY SINGLE One of them.. and yeh in Math too

then i got this Eng teacher that keeps on saying how hard the course is and stuff. trying to discourage us i think.. first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail.. then she said we will probably all fail the first essay .. because something like we used to get 80s and 90s in Highschool and university is much harder ( shit i never got above 70 on my esssays in high school).. then she keep saying how the class average is usually between 5-6 for her course ( working on a 9 pt system.. 5 is pass..) and she keep on saying how ppl usually start doing worst cuz of all the work.. then Xmas comes and we all full of energy again.. then we start doing worst than ever again and shit!!!!

man we handed in our first diagnostic essay today ( no marks), and she said she will read over and give us feedback. but then when we ask her if we can get a fake mark on it so we know where we stand in terms of her expectation.... and she said no.. said she doesnt have Time for that... then we keep bugging her and all she said was " i will talk to the other eng prof.. if they dont do it i wont do it, cuz it wont be fair".. like WTF

Stratus_Power
09-12-2002, 10:14 PM
"I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag..."
how is that not high roller :P

speedracer
09-12-2002, 10:18 PM
I'm in the WRONG CLASS and I was sitting there for 20 minutes already!

It could be worse. In one of my friends class (4th year ENG) a girl comes in late and ask hesitantly if this was COMS363. The prof nods and tells her to sit in the front. Then goes off and starts talking about electrical current :rofl: Needless to say she left pretty fast with the whole class laughing. It could've worst for ya if you didn't realize :D

Ed the SOHC
09-12-2002, 10:20 PM
I had fun at recess today... and my friend johnny brought in some teletubbies for show 'n tell.:clap: :D

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:21 PM
hey my friend bobby brought some teenage mutant ninja turtles!

sexualbanana
09-12-2002, 10:22 PM
And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!

daayy-aaammnnn. that's a whole lotta money

speedracer
09-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail..

Could be worse. I've been in classes where no one pass's :P

"I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag..."
how is that not high roller :P
:confused: :rofl:

girlRACER
09-12-2002, 10:28 PM
haha my first week is good! alrady had 5 classes of bio I *think * and im proud to say i fell asleep in EVERY SINGLE One of them.. and yeh in Math too

then i got this Eng teacher that keeps on saying how hard the course is and stuff. trying to discourage us i think.. first she said usually 1/3 of the ppl fail.. then she said we will probably all fail the first essay .. because something like we used to get 80s and 90s in Highschool and university is much harder ( shit i never got above 70 on my esssays in high school).. then she keep saying how the class average is usually between 5-6 for her course ( working on a 9 pt system.. 5 is pass..) and she keep on saying how ppl usually start doing worst cuz of all the work.. then Xmas comes and we all full of energy again.. then we start doing worst than ever again and shit!!!!

man we handed in our first diagnostic essay today ( no marks), and she said she will read over and give us feedback. but then when we ask her if we can get a fake mark on it so we know where we stand in terms of her expectation.... and she said no.. said she doesnt have Time for that... then we keep bugging her and all she said was " i will talk to the other eng prof.. if they dont do it i wont do it, cuz it wont be fair".. like WTF

Stratus...are you a first year? What english class is that? ENGL 291? Is it a must to take that course? Is it your major?

The reason I am asking is because this course sounds like a "weeder-course" meaning it is designed to fail students and not meant to help students learn. It is best to avoid taking this course unless it is absolutely required. For example, I took Accounting 321 which is a "weeder-course". 40% of the students dropped out before the end of the year. I was doing okay in the course, but the final was so absolutely tough it ended up failing me. I retook the course at Mount Royal and everyone but 2 students in my Mount Royal class were from U of C and retaking it for the second time!!

It doesn't matter what kind of marks you get in High School because from my experience, as long as you try hard you will get high marks in High School!! In University, it is all about intellect and intelligence. You don't have to work hard if you are just naturally smart cause sometimes you can study your ass off, and they'll find a way to screw you over on the midterm or final. They don't test you on how well you can memorize the course but how well you can apply it....but they don't teach you that in class!

girlRACER
09-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by infamous

you spend six grand a year on what exactly??

Purses!! :drool: I love purses! You can never have enough of them!

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:33 PM

It doesn't matter what kind of marks you get in High School because from my experience, as long as you try hard you will get high marks in High School!! In University, it is all about intellect and intelligence. You don't have to work hard if you are just naturally smart cause sometimes you can study your ass off, and they'll find a way to screw you over on the midterm or final. They don't test you on how well you can memorize the course but how well you can apply it....but they don't teach you that in class!

very nicely put! i think that this will help a lot of people who are just going into university or college or whatever. :clap:

2000impreza
09-12-2002, 10:33 PM
2nd week of school at mrc for me. classes are pretty easy. only thing i don't like is i have a class 9:00AM :madred:

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:34 PM

your not a high roller?? but you spend six grand a year on purses?? and you drive an slk?? :dunno: if you ask me you are a high roller....

speedracer
09-12-2002, 10:35 PM

No shoes?

max_boost
09-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Yesterday I walked into the wrong class but the teacher wasn't in there. I noticed all the students look differently, I asked one girl, is your class out yet? She said no. By then I already knew that I was in the wrong class so I kept my composure and walked out of class! It was so embarassing!

choweyt3t4
09-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
I had fun at recess today... and my friend johnny brought in some teletubbies for show 'n tell.:clap: :D

thats hilarious:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
09-12-2002, 10:49 PM
As for the sale, I went to it, nothing special. I picked up a few Armani shirts but thats about it. They had a really fine French red wine, can't remember the name. Most of the people there were older, high class people, I felt so out of place! Your only level 2? I am level 4! And I am definitely not a high roller like you! Dam spoiled brats! haha

You shoulda called me, I could have picked up a LV bag for you!

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yesterday I walked into the wrong class but the teacher wasn't in there. I noticed all the students look differently, I asked one girl, is your class out yet? She said no. By then I already knew that I was in the wrong class so I kept my composure and walked out of class! It was so embarassing!

bwhaha...that hasn't happened to me yet..thankfully!

i am in some fourth year classes...i feel so dumb b/c everyone knows what they are talking about and i'm sitting in the back praying that the prof won't call on me to answer anything.

MYKN
09-12-2002, 10:53 PM
dude..dont you know how much LV purses are? they start at $800 my friend.....think about it...and its only a purse..you could easily hit 6000 in year in clothing and purses and shoes and earrings and belts and sunglasses.....and the list keeps going!

Stratus_Power
09-12-2002, 11:00 PM
haha you only lvl 2? omg im lvl 4! im gonna lvl up to lvl 5 next year! haha jk jk yeh its my first year.. and its just Eng 101.. its a requirment :( got some old Chinese lady whos trying to get her PHD in English and apparently can also speak Germany and wat not.. haah she talks funny though :P

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
You shoulda called me, I could have picked up a LV bag for you!

wth? what about me?? haha

Ben
09-12-2002, 11:17 PM

No Offence, But I think you could have put that money to a far better use IMO...thats a joke.:thumbsdow

GTS Jeff
09-12-2002, 11:31 PM
It doesn't matter what kind of marks you get in High School because from my experience, as long as you try hard you will get high marks in High School!! In University, it is all about intellect and intelligence. You don't have to work hard if you are just naturally smart cause sometimes you can study your ass off, and they'll find a way to screw you over on the midterm or final. They don't test you on how well you can memorize the course but how well you can apply it....but they don't teach you that in class! I find the opposite to be true. In high school I never had to do a damn thing and got by sitting around and owning everyone on the tests without any work...now in University, I find that diligence, hard work, and paying attention in class is needed to stay on top of things.

RSeXy
09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
I find the opposite to be true. In high school I never had to do a damn thing and got by sitting around and owning everyone on the tests without any work...now in University, I find that diligence, hard work, and paying attention in class is needed to stay on top of things.

that's true! up until the last semester of my second year i never opened a text book...i never studied for anything in HS or 1st year...but now i find that with studying you get way more results! haha...but that's just common knowledge.:)

max_boost
09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Yup, In university, if you don't do your homework, your toast!:banghead:

mwmhong
09-12-2002, 11:53 PM

Agree w/JeffR and Maxboost:
U of C is more effort than intellect. Sure, you have to have some intelligence, but if you don't have the dicipline to stay focussed on what you are doing and force yourself to do the work, to study the content over and over until it's drilled into your head, you're gonna get nowhere, no matter how smart you are.

Dicipline means: going to every class, studying all the readings, doing all the practice problems, doing old/sample exams, going to tutorials, talking to the professor, sleeping with the professor (j/k!).

How do I know this? Because I'm one of those students who did NONE OF THE ABOVE and I wasn't considered a 'good' student! Call me Mister B! :angel:

"It's not a lack of skill, it's a lack of will"- Vince Lombardi

sexualbanana
09-13-2002, 12:08 AM
i got into university and i literally did dick all in high school.

it actually scared, watching b18c study for his tests and everything because i'd go to bed at 10pm and he'd be studying, and then wake up at 7am and he'd still be studying. of course he was in biochemistry, but i was terrified that it was gonna kick my ass through and through.

but somehow, i managed to develop some studying habits and began doin like 12 hour days at school studying and stuff. really weird change for me.

now, i'm at school until 9 every night. either studying or working out. mostly studying (obviously, if u've ever seen me).

Stratus_Power
09-13-2002, 12:10 AM
i dont do jack at Highschool either.. still not doing jack.. trying to check it.. do read over the notes after school at stuff and havent done any serious studying.. all will change i hope

van
09-13-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm almost done school, 2 more fricken Months, just 2 more and then I can sleep for a month to make it up for the last 10 months. Waking up everyday at 6:30am, leaving the house at 7:15am, getting to school at 7:45am that way I can fall back asleep and not be late for class (class starts at 8:15am)

kenny
09-13-2002, 12:22 AM
I experienced quite the opposite, school has been a breeze so far, no stress at all. Then again, I never worry about minor BS stuff either so I usually don't stress out over stuff. Its also my fifth year in school so its kinda hard to walk into the wrong room hahah :rofl: After school, I had no homework so I went to Winners to pick up some new shirts. I also had a glass of complimentary water from their water cooler! No cheese to eat though hahah.

Originally posted by sexualbanana
i got into university and i literally did dick all in high school.

hmm.... :rofl: :rofl:

van
09-13-2002, 12:25 AM
winners is a cool place to shop.

Have you guys noticed, the teachers at the U seem like they are wired on cocaine or something?

I went there the other day to visit a friend and the teachers' eyes were just bulging from coffee or something. A little zombish, kind of freaky, that's why I'll never go to school at the U.

Unless I was to become a teacher or something which might happen in a few year. Ha, me a teacher, that's one f*cked up dream. haha:bullshit:

Stratus_Power
09-13-2002, 12:26 AM
ohh Join the Winners club! im a lvl 10! ( $100/yr )
haha no way in hel u go to winner :P

ScCab
09-13-2002, 12:35 AM

On top of all of that, I missed the Viva Italia Private Shopping Night at Holt Renfrew. I could've been sipping champagne and eating cheese while shopping for a new LV school bag...but I'm at home instead doing homework!! And worse of all, if you spend $500 you get a free small gift and if you spend $1000 you get a free leather or made in Italy gift!! There goes my chance to upgrade to Level 3 Club Select! (I heard that to get to Level 12, you have to spend over $20,000 a year...ahhh!!!) Did anyone go to it? Was it good? I would be so envious for those we went!

man if I had a girl like you I would boot her to the curb so fast.:rofl:
plus those who went and you would be envious is just retarted:nut:

kenny
09-13-2002, 12:39 AM
ohh Join the Winners club! im a lvl 10! ( $100/yr )
haha no way in hel u go to winner :P

Actually I do :) Not on a regular basis, but I go there. I couldn't care less what people think of me based on my clothes. Occasionally I'll dress up, but thats pretty rare. I wear comfortable clothes, not name brand clothes to impress people. Thats what a car is used for! :rofl: :rofl:

Gadgetboy
09-13-2002, 12:52 AM
holy fuq yo' shallow. Why don' ya stop spending yo' parents money, an' git uh job with muh beeotch! If ya like money so much, why don' ya start earning it yourself just like mammy? yah, cuz We be all pimpz here an' we's shop at holt renfrew!!! Listen beeotch, we's all know ya gots money, why even bother parading it around an' trying ta be inconspicuous about it, when in fact you flaunting it an' making it completely obvious!!!
ya'll is mad stupid.

Stratus_Power
09-13-2002, 12:55 AM
haha i go to winner too :P for stuff that doesnt really show ppl... like undies and stuff.. u can really feel the diff w/ cheap wal mart ones and nice Tommy ones.... but enuf about that haha!!

Hakkola
09-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Haha, I'm probably the laziest person to go throught school with good grades. I did nothing and I got student of the term once, I like never study at all.

I'm in 2nd week at MRC but only taking two courses. Psychology, this seems so easy and fun it's awesome, and Business Law. Good times.

LUDELVR
09-13-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ScCab

man if I had a girl like you I would boot her to the curb so fast.:rofl:
plus those who went and you would be envious is just retarded:nut:

Dude, that must be a pretty fucking expensive curb, cuz once that bag hits the ground, the value of the curb is gonna sky rocket!! I just hope that bag is alright!!! Oh yah, the purse too!!!

ScCab
09-13-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Dude, that must be a pretty fucking expensive curb, cuz once that bag hits the ground, the value of the curb is gonna sky rocket!! I just hope that bag is alright!!! Oh yah, the purse too!!!

HAHAAHAH:rofl:

girlRACER
09-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Gadgetboy
holy fuq yo' shallow. Why don' ya stop spending yo' parents money, an' git uh job with muh beeotch! If ya like money so much, why don' ya start earning it yourself just like mammy? yah, cuz We be all pimpz here an' we's shop at holt renfrew!!! Listen beeotch, we's all know ya gots money, why even bother parading it around an' trying ta be inconspicuous about it, when in fact you flaunting it an' making it completely obvious!!!
ya'll is mad stupid.

Look I'm nothing compared to all the "High Rollers" on this board. I know that. It doesn't matter. On the other side of things, I don't always shop at Holt! I'm also the cheapest person when it comes to a lot of things...I guess you'd have to know me to really know. It's just that I have an obsession with purses. Money is not the most important thing in the world....why are you getting so angry? Anyways, I accept your comments and I see where you are coming from so I am not angry... :) I know I sometimes get carried away by luxury stuff but I didn't mean to offend you so I'm sorry. My apologies.

van
09-13-2002, 06:26 AM
You could've said it in a better suited manner Gadgetboy.

Rydog
09-13-2002, 07:46 AM
reading all of this stuff about school makes me realize one thing....I'M SO GLAD I'M DONE!!!!!! BWAAHAHAHHAAAAHAHAA!!

sorry. when you're all done, you'll feel the same way. plus, when you're done and earning you're OWN money, everything that you buy will mean even more to you.
I consider everything that I buy like little personal triumphs because I think of how much work I put into post secondary and realize how glad I am to be able to have something to show for it, ie: a kick ass job which has enabled me to afford raising a daughter, owning a house, two cars, and just being able to live life comfortably. I have acheived this by the ripe young age of 27, which I consider to be pretty good, especially in comparison to people that I know that said "school sucks" and "this is too hard, I'm dropping out". now they are all working dead end jobs. So keep one thing in mind young students: If it seems really hard, it's going to feel that much better when you pass the final after putting in enough effort and late nights.

Keep pluggin away people, and one day you'll know the feeling that I have everyday, satisfaction.:thumbsup:

jesse84
09-13-2002, 07:59 AM
This year I started my second year of college or third year of high school... whatever you want to call it is fine with me. Over here they let all the child genuises (yeah, right) go to college two years early as long as they take all their high school classes at the college as well as their degree classes.

Two weeks of school and I have yet to do anything other than read a few pages every now and then, people here are so laid back when it comes to school

infamous
09-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Just_d16n
reading all of this stuff about school makes me realize one thing....I'M SO GLAD I'M DONE!!!!!! BWAAHAHAHHAAAAHAHAA!!

sorry. when you're all done, you'll feel the same way. plus, when you're done and earning you're OWN money, everything that you buy will mean even more to you.
I consider everything that I buy like little personal triumphs because I think of how much work I put into post secondary and realize how glad I am to be able to have something to show for it, ie: a kick ass job which has enabled me to afford raising a daughter, owning a house, two cars, and just being able to live life comfortably. I have acheived this by the ripe young age of 27, which I consider to be pretty good, especially in comparison to people that I know that said "school sucks" and "this is too hard, I'm dropping out". now they are all working dead end jobs. So keep one thing in mind young students: If it seems really hard, it's going to feel that much better when you pass the final after putting in enough effort and late nights.

Keep pluggin away people, and one day you'll know the feeling that I have everyday, satisfaction.:thumbsup:

i agree with this. i have never had anything "handed" to me since i have been able to work. all of my clothes on my back, and just about everything else i own has been bought by me. yeah to an extent it is nice to have everything handed to you, but if you get everything handed to you, you don't know the value of a dollar. you value everything a lot more if you know that it is the hours that you worked to get the stuff that you need. just my opinion.

sexualbanana
09-13-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Gadgetboy
ya'll is mad stupid.

what's with tha ebonics?? did u come up the hard way through the suburbs?

infamous
09-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

what's with tha ebonics?? did u come up the hard way through the suburbs?

hahahaha that's funny! good call :thumbsup:

OMOYYC
09-13-2002, 09:44 AM
I apprecite my things a lot more because I worked for them.

It's still nice to have things that someone buys for you though.

RSeXy
09-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Actually I do :) Not on a regular basis, but I go there. I couldn't care less what people think of me based on my clothes.

...how come i never see you? haha..j/k'ing

Originally posted by kenny
I wear comfortable clothes, not name brand clothes to impress people.

yeah i'm not gonna read ur t-shirts anymore
:( :rofl:

kenny
09-13-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
yeah i'm not gonna read ur t-shirts anymore
:( :rofl:

Hahah. Its all fun and games until someone gets offended by my shirts. :rofl:

E36M3
09-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Money, like oxygen, is only important to people that do not have it. If you have a source of income to spend $800 on purses, more power to you.

I had to drag my girlfriend away from Holt Renfrew after seeing their sweaters. She was in heaven, and thought it was Christmas because of the 40% currency bonus.

Look I'm nothing compared to all the "High Rollers" on this board. I know that. It doesn't matter. On the other side of things, I don't always shop at Holt! I'm also the cheapest person when it comes to a lot of things...I guess you'd have to know me to really know. It's just that I have an obsession with purses. Money is not the most important thing in the world....why are you getting so angry? Anyways, I accept your comments and I see where you are coming from so I am not angry... :) I know I sometimes get carried away by luxury stuff but I didn't mean to offend you so I'm sorry. My apologies.

kaput
09-13-2002, 06:32 PM

Toms-Celica
09-13-2002, 10:47 PM
I spend about that much at Mexx and I've been invited to "private" shopping events.

dj_honda
09-13-2002, 11:14 PM

i agree with this. i have never had anything "handed" to me since i have been able to work. all of my clothes on my back, and just about everything else i own has been bought by me. yeah to an extent it is nice to have everything handed to you, but if you get everything handed to you, you don't know the value of a dollar. you value everything a lot more if you know that it is the hours that you worked to get the stuff that you need. just my opinion.

i agree with u totally man!!
in grade 10 i even worked at mcdicks jus so i could buy the clothes and shit that i wanted......
haha, thank god i quit that place and started getting 11$/hour somewhere else the year after that.
But atleast i have been humbled and shit and i know what it is like to work hard labour to get my own cash

Ben
09-14-2002, 12:11 AM

And you end up buying 800 dollar purses when a 50 dollar one would do?:rofl:

2000impreza
09-14-2002, 12:32 AM
a lot of the things i own has been handed to me..... to those that say if you have everything handed to you, you don't know the value of a dollar.... well what makes you think that? sure i've had my share of minimum wage jobs...

if someone wants to blow $800 on a purse thats their business. if they can afford it why not. maybe cheap $50 ones just doesn't give them the same value as the $800 one.

Ben
09-14-2002, 12:40 AM
Pish Posh. I could care less what people spend thier money on, but when the come around whining they have no money and they had blown it on things they could have done without, thats where I draw the line.

All Im saying is there has to be an appreciation factor in there. If one takes thier given wealth for granted, I can see some problems developing down the road. Some people work thier ass off at a minimum wage job and accomplish jack and aquire little, and some people do jack and aquire much. I'm not saying either is bad, as long as both can appreciate what they have, that is all.

And regarding the purse thing, I just used it as an example...I'm not picking on you at all jackie, I know its the style and having the brand name thats important, but realisticly, what can a 800 dollar purse do better than a 50 dollar purse, Aside from a little tag that most people wont notice anyways, the luxury purse might do one thing better than the 50 dollar one. Show how much someones cheap labor was exploited even more than the other, :p :guns:

davidI
09-14-2002, 12:41 AM
I was just gonna say that I'm a first year student at the U of C and there is a good lookin' girl with a silver RX-7, just wondering if anyone knows her cause DAYAHM girls with nice cars just make me nuts :nut: :nut: :nut: :drool: :drool: :hitit:

Ben
09-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Never mind...correction. There is no Level 12. I think it goes:
Level 1 - $1500
Level 3 - $6000
Level 4 - $12,000
Level 5 - $25,000
Level 6 - $50,000
Level 7 - $100,000!!

I was wrong! You have to spend $100,000 per year to get to Level 7!!!
Compared to that I'm NO high roller!

You have to spend that in a year?! WTF! I better get over there, I'm like 400 off from Club Select, and I think I have till like Oct2 would be 1 year from my first big purchase..

girlRACER
09-14-2002, 10:30 PM
haha...the new improved girlRACER is going to downgrade to level 1 now!

infamous
09-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Benny

And you end up buying 800 dollar purses when a 50 dollar one would do?:rofl:

no that's not what i was trying to say....all that i was trying to say was that you appreciate things a lot more when the cash to buy them comes out of your own pocket. but if people are fortunate enough that they don't have to work or anything, i just feel that they might not know the value of a dollar as much as other people do....

infamous
09-14-2002, 10:46 PM

just out of curiosity, why?? if you are fortunate enough, then why not?? to some people you are a high roller, to some your not. personally, what you do with your money is your choice and no one elses....imo

Stratus_Power
09-14-2002, 11:01 PM
yeh ifu have the money go for it :P we aint telling Kenny to sell his AMG cuz half of us are carless :P

sml
09-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Well, I guess if you drive a black clk, then you should be able to afford to fork over $100G/yr for your gf/wife... yea... lvl 7 is possible! :rofl:

LUDELVR
09-16-2002, 03:31 PM

Wait a minute....if something is new, it means there has been nothing like it before....so how can it then be improved on??:dunno: Your comment warrants an explanation!!

van
09-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Just got home and on beyond already Leo! lol :D

LUDELVR
09-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
Just got home and on beyond already Leo! lol :D

hahahah, yah man, what can I say? I'm an addict!!! hahahah

van
09-16-2002, 03:45 PM
hahahaha damn my car sucks its too slow lol :burnout:

RSeXy
09-16-2002, 03:58 PM
i keep switching my classes around...that way i'm not "really" behind in class material...well in my mind anyways...arrgh..i shold really stop skipping :banghead: