PDA

View Full Version : Another Subaru to the family

max_boost
09-21-2011, 12:17 AM
I am now looking forward to cruising in my new winter mobile. Picking it up on Thursday morning.

2011 Subaru Tribeca.

http://members.shaw.ca/samtang310/B91.jpg

It's practical, reliable, looks decent and a great deal.

$7k factory rebate
$2k dealer rebate

$36K all in.

Going to winterize it with a remote starter, all weather floor mats and RW11 studded ipike tires.

Sorry I know it's kind of boring and nothing special. :rofl: :zzz:

Laoz
09-21-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm not trying to be rude but, WTF do you do for a living? Anyways nice ride, I got to use my GTI for winter :<

[Yu]
09-21-2011, 12:27 AM
He owns a restaurant.

RickDaTuner
09-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Turbo the H6!!!

I kid, I kid...

jdmXSI
09-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Turbo the H6!!!

I kid, I kid...

Or perhaps Airboy can tune it:D

Cangrats!

dj_rice
09-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by [Yu]
He owns a restaurant.

A Chinese restaurant called Peking Peking.

ExtraSlow
09-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Nice. That's one of the many cars my wife is looking at.

What are you donig for the winter rims? Just some steelies or something a little more sexy?

schocker
09-21-2011, 08:43 AM
This and the cr-z, apples to apples :rofl:
None the less it is a good vehicle and looks better than when they had the questionable front end.

max_boost
09-21-2011, 09:12 AM
For sure. The original B9 wasn't very pretty to look at.

I'm familiar with the Tribeca because my dad has one. It is very spacious inside and everything seems to flow well together.

Stock wheels for winter and maybe new shoes for summer. :D

Phenix
09-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Wonder if its faster than your nsx?

I kid. Lol

ArjayAquino
09-21-2011, 09:26 AM
hah sweet. I love how it went from CRZ to tribeca lol.

benyl
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Phenix
Wonder if its faster than your nsx?

Probably.

I don't kid. :rofl:

PD77
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
My wife really enjoyed our Tribeca...nice ride!

max_boost
09-21-2011, 10:09 AM
NSX is so slow lol at least it looks cool (depending who you ask haha)

Throw that Si motor into the CRZ and I'll pick one up when my GTi lease runs out in 2 years. Until then or unless I win the lotto, or one of my illMotion homies buys my NSX, no new cars for awhile lol :closed:

heavyD
09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow I have seen maybe two Tribeca's ever but apparently they sold at least 10 in Calgary lol. Seriously though I it seems like a decent vehicle and I wonder why nobody ever buys them.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Pretty good discount!

Phenix
09-21-2011, 10:21 AM
The first ones that came out were pretty fugly

Sorath
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
good price sam, i think im coming down to peking peking today

Aleks
09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Wow I have seen maybe two Tribeca's ever but apparently they sold at least 10 in Calgary lol. Seriously though I it seems like a decent vehicle and I wonder why nobody ever buys them.

Typical Subaru buyer is cheap and can't bring themselves to spend over $40K on a vehicle, unless we're talking younger guys buying WRX/STI cars :dunno:

rayquan
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, that was a really good price if bought in Canada. I bought mine 3 years ago from Montana about the same price. Mine is a 7 seater (not much use though) with few throw-in options, such as lights underneath the base on both sides, auto dimmer rear mirror, and the trunk cover, ceiling dome light, etc... Maybe those might be standard now in Canada.

jdmXSI
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Typical Subaru buyer is cheap and can't bring themselves to spend over $40K on a vehicle, unless we're talking younger guys buying WRX/STI cars :dunno:

haha, i still cant...

max_boost
09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by rayquan
Wow, that was a really good price if bought in Canada. I bought mine 3 years ago from Montana about the same price. Mine is a 7 seater (not much use though) with few throw-in options, such as lights underneath the base on both sides, auto dimmer rear mirror, and the trunk cover, ceiling dome light, etc... Maybe those might be standard now in Canada.

Purchased at Subaru Calgary! Always good to support the locals.

I'm looking at a few accessories and the prices the dealers charge here are just :nut: You can buy it online at www.subarugenuineparts.com for a fraction of the cost.

The one thing the base model didn't have that I wanted was HID's but that's easily taken care of, getting some installed this weekend. Good ole Subaru, no HID's but vehicle comes with a projector housing already. :thumbsup:

I can honestly say this is the one vehicle out of the dozen I've owned/driven that makes the most sense. :rofl:

I was about to start a thread on mini-vans, whew. :facepalm: :rofl:

msommers
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Curious what made you go with the Tribeca vs. other crossovers on the market?

max_boost
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM
^^^

The discount, brand loyalty, familiarity, functionality, practicality, overall cost of ownership.

:D

msommers
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
You sound like you work for Subaru :rofl:

Hope you enjoy your new toy!

hurrdurr
09-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Looks like the new caravan. I don't get it sam :dunno:

redevil
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice, looks like a great discount. Just a little too big for me, but I might consider selling the FXT based on your other post to get a new XT. :dunno:

jsn
09-21-2011, 10:09 PM
That was unexpected. Congrats on the car. I'm glad they updated the styling on the tribeca. The old ones were ugly as sin. Good job on buying another subaru :)

bastardchild
09-21-2011, 11:16 PM
looks pimp so much better than the older body style!

max_boost
09-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by redevil
Nice, looks like a great discount. Just a little too big for me, but I might consider selling the FXT based on your other post to get a new XT. :dunno:

I know Centaur has a Paprika red left and that's it. I originally wanted a Forester because 0.5% lease over 4 years is an amazing deal but I believe they are virtually sold out now.

Yes I could probably work for Subaru haha

Orbie
09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I'm looking at a few accessories and the prices the dealers charge here are just :nut: You can buy it online at www.subarugenuineparts.com for a fraction of the cost.

Have you had any experience with www.subarugenuineparts.com? I'm looking to get some things as well and wondering if this is a good reputable shop.

max_boost
09-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes I have ordered from them on 3 occasions and never had a problem. :thumbsup:

benyl
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

Have you had any experience with www.subarugenuineparts.com? I'm looking to get some things as well and wondering if this is a good reputable shop.

I've ordered a bunch of things from them. Never had an issue.

BensonTT
09-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Laoz
I'm not trying to be rude but, WTF do you do for a living? Anyways nice ride, I got to use my GTI for winter :&lt;

I think he sells alot of ginger beef and sweet and sour chicken balls.. Its quite tasty i may add lol

guessboi
09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Nice winter beater! :D

clem24
09-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

Yup very good! Done the pick up thing in Seattle and also had them ship crossbars for my Legacy ($160 SHIPPED TO MY DOOR in 3 days vs. $300 and at least 2 weeks with Centaur).

To be honest, never was a fan of the Tribeca. One thing going for it is that it's got a very small footprint compared to over x-overs and is nice and low to the ground. Personally, the Flex is a better buy and now especially with pricing incentives + costco, you can get into a base Ecoboost for $42k all in. Can't argue with 355HP and 350 lb-ft to all 4 wheels LOL.

Now, if Subaru brought the 7 passenger Exiga over, that might be a different story LOL...

http://picolio.auto123.com/art-images/98520/2009-Subaru-Exiga-016.JPG

lint
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Personally, the Flex is a better buy and now especially with pricing incentives + costco, you can get into a base Ecoboost for $42k all in. Can't argue with 355HP and 350 lb-ft to all 4 wheels LOL.

I tried to tell him

BensonTT
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Why didn't you get a 2011 jeep grand cherokee or a new fx35? Heck even the suv from Mitsubishi that looks like the lancer.. Lol

max_boost
09-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll admit it has a lot to do with brand loyalty. I cling on to past positive experiences with the brand and in doing so, I'm hesitant to test/buy new cars out of my comfort zone.

When my GTI lease is up, it'll most likely be replaced by another Honda or Subaru even if it's clear that there are better vehicles than them in the market. :rofl:

Disoblige
09-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Holy shit that front end of the Exiga looks great! Why couldn't they use this design on the Tribeca :cry:

clem24
09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Honda sure, but Subaru is rated quite low on the reliability list LOL

max_boost
09-23-2011, 04:25 PM
It's a good thing I don't read into those reports lol This is our 7th Subaru in the family and no problems yet and I hope it stays that way.

Subaru FTW!

:eek:

Disoblige
09-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Saw a Tribeca in person today in my parking lot in white. Not bad in person.

Definitely looks like something that has features but doesn't go "Wow hey look at me!"

black13
09-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I knew someone who had one, said it had a huge blindspot that made him trade it in. Not sure if it was the newer ones or not.

Xtrema
09-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by black13
I knew someone who had one, said it had a huge blindspot that made him trade it in. Not sure if it was the newer ones or not.

D pillar is quite large but it's pretty normal for this class of vehicles.

Good deal and good choice, Sam. TriBeCa is the only Subaru that doesn't feel like a tin can when you close the doors.

max_boost
09-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Cool. It is a solid vehicle for sure and this is how you fly under the radar my friends. No one gives a shit, it ain't no X5/RX/GLK/Q/MDX etc. haha:devil:

D'z Nutz
09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Nice pick up, Sam. What's your impression of the interior?

Originally posted by clem24
Yup very good! Done the pick up thing in Seattle and also had them ship crossbars for my Legacy ($160 SHIPPED TO MY DOOR in 3 days vs. $300 and at least 2 weeks with Centaur).

Awww, fuck me. SGP was near Seattle and I didn't even know!! I could've made pick ups all those times I was in the area.

max_boost
09-24-2011, 01:09 AM
It's spacious inside. Feels like driving a mini-van haha I'm not too picky about things so I just make do with whatever layout it has. Don't know how to explain it, getting in to the vehicle is easy, it's not like you have to climb into it. Once you are seated it's comfortable and you feel quite high up with lots of visibility. I love the low end torque, very easy to drive this thing.

I opted for the base model black/grey cloth seats as I didn't care for the leather which was $6k more but came with DVD entertainment system and HIDs. Another $3k more would get you that plus navigation. I don't know because I'm getting HIDs installed and it's costing me $250 and my 5 year old Garmin GPS is still my favorite haha and since I drive alone, DVD is just a waste of money.

There are audio controls on the steering wheel which is nice but I really do like the center console area. It opens and shuts so you can leave your valuables out of sight, arm rest provides additional storage. More interior pics here to give you an idea. http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca/tribeca2011.html

I'm a loyal Subaru fan boy so I'll like whatever they put out even if the competition is better.

BTW D'z, still getting that Juke?

D'z Nutz
09-24-2011, 01:20 AM
BTW D'z, still getting that Juke?

No, I think I'm going to hold off on a new vehicle purchase for a year or two. I still really like the Juke, but being that it's a high demand/low inventory vehicle, interest rates are pretty high, and it's the first model year, I'll probably benefit waiting it out. I might even have a few more options when the time comes around since there's really not a whole lot of choices out there that's caught my eye.

I really didn't need a new vehicle and the only reason why I considered it was because my warranty is up next year, but the Impreza has been trouble free for me and I think I just hit 40,000KM on 3.5 year old car. Clearly I'm not driving enough to warrant getting a new vehicle. Plus I like the idea of not having any car payments for a while.

max_boost
09-24-2011, 01:34 AM
FYI, our 03 Forester is over 350,000kms now and my sister's 01 Impreza is somewhere in the 150,000km range since she doesn't drive much and they've done nothing but regular fluid changes, brakes and tires so if you are waiting for your car to break down, it could be awhile haha

When the time comes in 1-2 years and you decide to sell the Impreza, fire me a PM. It could be around the time I'll be replacing the GTI and I'm almost positive it'll be with another Subaru. Non WRX because that car just gets me in trouble. :burnout:

jdmXSI
09-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Hey Sam, where are you servicing your subies since option import closed?

D'z Nutz
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
When the time comes in 1-2 years and you decide to sell the Impreza, fire me a PM. It could be around the time I'll be replacing the GTI and I'm almost positive it'll be with another Subaru. Non WRX because that car just gets me in trouble. :burnout:

Haha sounds good Sam. You'll be the first to know

max_boost
09-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Hey Sam, where are you servicing your subies since option import closed? I know a lot of people aren't a fan of those Lube places but the Mr. Lube on Macleod and 68th, I haven't had a single problem with them in the 8+years of going there. Staff recognizes me and their manager has been there the entire time. They are convenient and fast for oil changes.

For other stuff it's always my crew at Integra Tire Macleod/57th.

Another reason why I love Subaru's, oil changes every 8k, air filters at 24k, brake fluid at 48k and the other major fluids at 96k. So simple! haha

Team_Mclaren
09-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I'll admit it has a lot to do with brand loyalty

people usually refer that as "FANBOY".

kthxbye:poosie: