PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a fulltime job.

S13
09-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey guys,

Like the title says, I'm need to find a job. The situation is I moved to Calgary three months ago and worked for an access control company that did a majority of their work in Fort Mac and out in random small towns.

Now Previously to moving to Calgary I was working for another access control company in Edmonton doing wiring and terminations. I was told that there might be a possibly position in their Calgary office, but three months ago they told me they didn't need anyone to do that type of work because they sub contract electrical work to other companies.

Basically what I'm trying to ask is, can anyone point me in the right direction for a possibly career opportunity?

Here is a brief background of myself:

-Started my automotive apprenticeship in 2004
-Attained my Journeyman License while working at an Acura dealership in Edm
-Decided to go back to school for Electronics Engineering Technology, graduated Dec 2009
-Couldn't find a job for about 3 months, so I got a job at a tech at a Toyota dealership

-Got a job with an access control company doing wiring/terminations in Edm 2011
-Moved to Calgary and worked for another access control company which did a lot of work out of town

So basically, I have a mechanical and electronics background.

Ideally I would like to find something that would incorporate the skill sets that I already have, but I am also a quick learner and willing to take on new challenges. Also something that will be mainly a local position.

So if anyone can help that would be fantastic!

pm or email to [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

ercchry
09-21-2011, 10:05 AM
it sounds like you would be good for a job here

http://sharpsav.com/job-postings.html

or if you want to sit at a desk and have autoCAD experience my current draftsman position is up for grabs (not listed on the site yet)

Grogador
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/341051/lf-technician-with-mechanical-experience/

:thumbsup: