PDA

View Full Version : Distracted dumb fuk bimbo's...

4AGE
09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
So I just rode home from school and for the first time, I actually agree with one of these bullshit by laws in Calgary...

Long story short, I nearly get side swiped twice on a short ride from uni to home, BOTH by fukin retarded ass bimbo's on their fuking phone. Now keep in mind my gixxer has a motogp pipe on it, loud as fuck. How she doesn't hear me even whilst on the phone? God knows.

What pisses me off most is the first bitch in a green gti (plate was eht 374 or some shit) who has the nerve to STAY on the phone even after she nearly kills me.

I swear to god i'm gonna start punching some fuking mirrors off /endrant.

ercchry
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
with or without phones it will happen... i have been pushed out of lanes before, even after knocking on their window because they have got so close they still continue to come over! :nut:

CompletelyNumb
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd be scared shitless to ride in the city.

swak
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
with or without phones it will happen... i have been pushed out of lanes before, even after knocking on their window because they have got so close they still continue to come over! :nut:

x2.

in this province especially, it seems, that you especially have to watch out for all other drivers on the road.
They might not be out to kill you, but they might just kill you if you're not careful :nut:

What pisses me off unbelievable is people who tailgate me on a bike. Bikes can stop so much faster than a car, i dont know how people do not realize this.

Kona9
09-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I have left my mark on a couple of cars that drifted into my lane without looking. One on 17th ave SW. Both chicks just not paying attention. While 1/4 into my lane and right beside them, (and they still had no clue) I just hammer fisted the hood edge. Scared the piss out of them on both occasions.

4AGE
09-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

I realize this and ALWAYS check to see if anyone is going into the lane i'm changing to but this bitch fucking just signalled and SWERVED into it when i was already done my lane change.

Jesus fucking christ I wanted to just drag my boots across her car...

Modelexis
09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
You could try to adjust your driving, trying not to cruise side by side with cars, or try to give them room ahead or get in front of the line and lead.

Take some responsibility for the dangers of the road, being a motorcycle driver you have to be on the defense all the time, it sorta goes hand in hand.

Jsen-DC2
09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
You could try to adjust your driving, trying not to cruise side by side with cars, or try to give them room ahead or get in front of the line and lead.

Take some responsibility for the dangers of the road, being a motorcycle driver you have to be on the defense all the time, it sorta goes hand in hand.

this!

didnt motorcycle school teach you anything? :dunno:

bike vs car - your always going to lose, i always ride like everyone else is an idiot.

heavyfuel
09-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Fuck I don't get it, even in a lifted truck I manage to stay out of a bike's way, pretty fuckin' simple when you put .000005 mg of effort into paying attention to what's going on around you. I've heard the "bimbo on the phone almost killed me" story from a few of my friends who ride, maybe they need to learn the hard way, and then they might just put the phone down when driving, eh?

Zero102
09-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by swak

What pisses me off unbelievable is people who tailgate me on a bike. Bikes can stop so much faster than a car, i dont know how people do not realize this.

Of course people realize this, but they also know that they will win the fight should you choose to brake check them :guns:

Disoblige
09-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
..maybe they need to learn the hard way, and then they might just put the phone down when driving, eh?
lol if someone needs to kill someone or seriously injure someone just to teach them to chill on the phone, then that's pretty sickening.

The funny ones are the ones who almost swipe into you and don't even know it and just carry on their way :rofl:

03ozwhip
09-22-2011, 08:30 AM

rush hour it cant be avoided to be side by side with a car, you cant adjust something that cant be adjusted. youre either side by side or lagging way behind other people which in turn pisses them off to the point they race around you and cut you off. its a lose lose for bikes.

CMW403
09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Fuck I don't get it, even in a lifted truck I manage to stay out of a bike's way, pretty fuckin' simple when you put .000005 mg of effort into paying attention to what's going on around you. I've heard the "bimbo on the phone almost killed me" story from a few of my friends who ride, maybe they need to learn the hard way, and then they might just put the phone down when driving, eh?

Energy is measured in mg's now? Interesting...

GQBalla
09-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I always try to avoid blind spots and riding beside cars.

sometimes it still doesn't matter unfortunately, i find it happens the most when i try to get out of their blind spots in rush hour.

n1zm0
09-22-2011, 09:14 AM

:werd: @ bike school i specifically remember the one teacher saying "when youre on a bike, always think that EVERYONE is out to get you every second youre on that seat" that also applies to driving a car in this city imo ffs.

ringmaster
09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 4AGE
So I just rode home from school and for the first time, I actually agree with one of these bullshit by laws in Calgary...

Long story short, I nearly get side swiped twice on a short ride from uni to home, BOTH by fukin retarded ass bimbo's on their fuking phone. Now keep in mind my gixxer has a motogp pipe on it, loud as fuck. How she doesn't hear me even whilst on the phone? God knows.

What pisses me off most is the first bitch in a green gti (plate was eht 374 or some shit) who has the nerve to STAY on the phone even after she nearly kills me.

I swear to god i'm gonna start punching some fuking mirrors off /endrant.

I've become pretty jaded from stuff like this happening to me as well. I say do what you like to peoples mirrors, you're on a bike so you can escape after you've committed your crimes :D

heavyfuel
09-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

Fuck I dunno lol

dirtsniffer
09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Joules my friend.. Joules

Grogador
09-22-2011, 07:52 PM
You really are invisible on a bike. If I can't see their ugly mug in the mirror, I'm ahead of them.

lison
09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
I was just considering getting my bike license and a bike but seeing everyone's experience :dunno:

Power_Of_Rotary
09-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I can drive while eating, talking on the phone, shifting and then throw in the casual texting with no problem. Never swerve off my lane while steering with my knees :)

but yea i agree most fucking drivers cant even double tast no less multi

ReflexFX
09-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
I can drive while eating, talking on the phone, shifting and then throw in the casual texting with no problem. Never swerve off my lane while steering with my knees :)

You just sound like a douche to me.:dunno:

heavyfuel
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by ReflexFX

You just sound like a douche to me.:dunno:

Or a troll

Toilet_D
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
i dont agree with the bikes are invisible thingt. in my experience, ive been in plain sight, right beside someones window, and they still almost run you off the road. the problem with people here is that they just dont look. i have literally been side by side with a minivan, CLEARLY visible, and the guy driving just flicks his signal, doesnt even look over, but just goes to change lanes. if people actually look, they shouldnt have a problem.

chkolny541
09-23-2011, 01:52 PM
ill share my experience with distracted driving.

2 summers ago, driving down deerfoot, traffic slows down to a stop, so i slow down and am last in the trail of stopped traffic. I see in my rear view a lady just cruising up behind me, completely oblivious to the stopped traffic ahead, she got so close to me that i saw her talking on her phone, she slammed on the brakes about maybe 40 feet behind me (she was clearly still going 100) and she *thankfully* managed to swerve around me to the right, as i scooted over to the left (car beside me so i couldnt go anywhere) she skids into the shoulder to my right, past me about 20 feet ahead (that woulda been one HELL of a collision) she dropped her phone in the panic, and as i drive by she slowly picks her phone back up and redials to resume her call:facepalm:

cort@urbanX
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
When I'm riding I pretend like behind the wheel of every vehicle around me is a driver who has just lost conciousness and ride accordingly, unfortunately it seems to be the only reasonable outlook to have when riding a motorcycle in this city. There just isn't enough riders or a long enough riding season for drivers to adjust to sharing the road with bikes, it's a shame but I guess it's the risk you take to ride in our city.

Disoblige
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

You're just lucky that nothing out of the ordinary happened that required your utmost attention and reaction.

colinxx235
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

I've become pretty jaded from stuff like this happening to me as well. I say do what you like to peoples mirrors, you're on a bike so you can escape after you've committed your crimes :D

What happens if the person instantly reacts and clips you off your bike?

Grogador
09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Maintaining a dominant lane position seems to help. I'd rather have people say "omg that fool's mirror is in my lane" than "woah where did he come from??"

Scat E46
09-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Riding every day

14,000KM this summer

Everyday, someone doesn't look.

Even with PROPER lane position, Highbeam on all the time (the r6 has little projectors, hard to see)

Aftermarket pipe.

ride like EVERYONE is going to drive into you. It's the only way.

I cannot believe how hard it is for some people to drive properly. It's like it's difficult.

I have had to use my horn, or accelerate out of an issue.

Granted, some people start to indicate, shoulder check, and see me, which is props to them.

I have had to kick a door once, he just kept coming in. Thick traffic, guy tailgating me from behind (i guess stopping the guy who was trying to get into my lane). Bad situation, but he was such a retard.

PremiumRSX
09-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't even know how Calgary drivers are so bad. I've been in Taipei for a long time now and I probably see the same amount of traffic accidents a month as I do in Calgary but only with literally 4x the traffic.

There's a ton more cars, so many more pedestrians and a billion scooters/motorcycles that weave around cars but everything works out fine.

I've had yet to have somebody signal/change lane towards me.

The best are the roads that go from 3 lanes suddenly down to 2 lanes after an intersection with no warning, but everything works out fine. :nut:

Cooked Rice
09-24-2011, 06:02 PM
I often hear of guys keeping marbles in their pockets for such occasions... But yeah riding in this city gets more intimidating every year to me.

Disoblige
09-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I've seen some motorcycles ride with their mirrors right on the yellow line heh.

Sorry but in a collision, you're not going to win.

msommers
09-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX
I don't even know how Calgary drivers are so bad. I've been in Taipei for a long time now and I probably see the same amount of traffic accidents a month as I do in Calgary but only with literally 4x the traffic.

There's a ton more cars, so many more pedestrians and a billion scooters/motorcycles that weave around cars but everything works out fine.

The best are the roads that go from 3 lanes suddenly down to 2 lanes after an intersection with no warning, but everything works out fine. :nut:

I noticed this all over Europe and never once witnessed an accident. I said this before - we NEED more strict testing for driver's licenses and regulate it. Defensive driving should be mandatory. There are SO MANY FUCKING IDIOTS that are halfway into a lane and then signal; drivers tend to be 40+, to be honest. Merging is another piss off that seems to affect all age brackets.

diamondedge
09-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm following a small white SUV, we're merging onto Deerfoot SB from McKnight WB. It's not really a merge, the left lane is added but you gotta change out if you don't want to go to 32nd Ave NE.

I don't decide to get on it (not much giddy up anyway) so I let the car in front pull a big gap while I calmly accelerate and merge early No problems. The guy in front (now 10-15 car lengths ahead) starts to merge out since the lane is long and I'm just watching him/her inch towards a Civic that is literally two feet away from his door.

He/she realizes and then brakes, and promptly swerves right to avoid. Regains composure, then promptly swaps all the way to the fast lane and starts going faster.

One glance over your shoulder, you lazy fucks.

kamakurakid
09-25-2011, 08:53 AM
If I rode a bike, I would carry a paintball gun and pop all the close calls. Nothing like some paint on a vehicle to let us all know who the assholes are on the road.

If you can get a paintball machine gun, all the better.

kamakurakid
09-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX

I was in Taipei for a few months, controlled chaos was all I was left thinking. The Taipei drivers are far less coddled, there is real danger on all streets so everyone stays alert.

MyMan23
09-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah I've been driving Deerfoot on my work commute from Anderson RD to 64th for the last 9 years. It get worse every year. I had hoped to stay living where I'm living, but next year I am going to sell my house and move to the NW, just too much hassle.

The real problem is the lack of consequences in this Country for anything. Its no wonder no one ever learns everything. Drive like an idiot and nearly kill someone and your looking at maybe a $200 fine, or in a experience I had this spring, some idiot kid smashed into me, admits to the cop it was his fault. Consequences, not even a ticket cause the weren't any witnesses(WTF he just told you what he did).

schurchill39
09-25-2011, 09:32 AM

Hahaha! Thats exactly what I thought when I read this!

Toma
09-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Yep, common sense advice they drill into you at riding school.

One thing owning a Bike and with proper training does is teach you better awareness of your surroundings.

Toma
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by msommers

I noticed this all over Europe and never once witnessed an accident. I said this before - we NEED more strict testing for driver's licenses and regulate it. Defensive driving should be mandatory. There are SO MANY FUCKING IDIOTS that are halfway into a lane and then signal; drivers tend to be 40+, to be honest. Merging is another piss off that seems to affect all age brackets.

Has nothing to do with stricter testing and courses etc. It's all about fewer rules, faster moving traffic, and the NEED to be an ACTIVE driver, rather than the passive robot our traffic "laws" and system try and turn us into here.

ANYONE half alive within a day or two driving in europe, asia etc will adapt just fine. Senior citizens and older chinese women excluded.

Guillermo
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM

E = mc^2 right:rofl:

Toma
09-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Kinetic energy is mv^2, potential energy is mgh ;)

swak
09-25-2011, 11:26 AM
my input here is SOH CAH TOA :thumbsup:

Commanderwiggin
09-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Has nothing to do with stricter testing and courses etc. It's all about fewer rules, faster moving traffic, and the NEED to be an ACTIVE driver, rather than the passive robot our traffic "laws" and system try and turn us into here.

ANYONE half alive within a day or two driving in europe, asia etc will adapt just fine. Senior citizens and older chinese women excluded.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I saw a show in europe where they removed traffic lights from a 5 or 6way intersection...traffic flow increased and accidents decreased...iirc it was over a lengthy period too. A tonne of pedestrian traffic as well.

Go4Long
09-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I've seen some motorcycles ride with their mirrors right on the yellow line heh.

Sorry but in a collision, you're not going to win.

People that don't ride should probably not comment on rider's lane position, because if you did ride you would understand that riding as close to the yellow line as possible does exactly what this guy accomplished...made you see him.

A VERY large percentage of motorcycle accidents are caused by people making left turns in front of the bike because they didn't see them there.