PDA

View Full Version : The Truck Outfitters (South)

TomcoPDR
09-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I'll try to make this in point forms:

- Got a new truck while ago, needed a topper

- Even before knowing what (brand/model-length of box) I was getting, I went on Raider's website (a truck canopy/topper manufacturer) whom requires for the customer to fill out a survey before spinning off a discount coupon print screen...

- Day after filling my info on Raider (topper manufacturer), Rick from The Truck Outfitters (South) was really on the ball calling me and making sure I'm being taken care of, what my needs were... at that point however, I didn't even know what (brand) of truck, or length of box I was getting, I just wanted to have a canopy coupon in my hands.

- The following day, I got the actual truck from a dealership. (i.e. crew cab, with a short box)...

- And I think the salesperson at the dealership just wanted to look cool, (or make more percentage points, but I've pretty much paid him MSRP on the truck anyways cuz I was in hurry)... the dealership salesperson told me THEY install truck canopy/toppers IN-HOUSE. (I'm going HUH??) but whatever.

- Then once I picked my topper at the dealership from a catolgue, that's when it's revealed to me that the dealership is just "brokering it"... and none other than The Truck Outfitters anyways, lol. (I was just talking to them the day before, and I'm capable to bring my own truck to them myself, wtf)

But back on topic:

- The coordination between the dealership and The Truck Outfitters was excellent :thumbsup: (9.5/10)... (shitty part is, it'd be nicer if the salesperson told me they sublet out anyways, now we're playing third party installs... and now it's stuck to the back of my mind if the salesperson is trying to make sublet mark-up off me, which is wasted time, cuz now I'm gonna have to get a friend to call the Truck Outfitters and inquiry about prices on the shit I installed through the dealer, I'm curious that way :( )

- I told the dealer I needed A topper/ any topper to lock my tools... so The Truck Outfitters actually gave me a loaner topper, so I can be on my way, and they know I work out of town and won't be able to switch toppers till when I'm back in town... :thumbsup: (10/10)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_0181-1.jpg

- Had to work out of town with the loaner topper, till MINE was ready, once mine got into the store, I wasn't avaliable for another 2 weeks to do the switch, but they were cool with that. :thumbsup: (10/10)

- Originally, I was suppose to bring my truck to the dealership (and then dealership "trippers") would be taking my truck to The Truck Outfitters... but I thought fuck that... :thumbsdow plus I had some spare time, so thought I'd save their time from the dealer sending employees to do this (usually they'd probably bring 2 guys to drop off the truck, then pick it up again)

- I talked to Pete and Rick (T.T.O.) one morning once I was in town, and kinda over-ride from going back to the dealership (and they let me do this, technicially it's the dealership that's their customer, with RO/PO orders). They got me in within 1 hour notice (called them in the morning, they told me to come within the hour) :thumbsup: 10/10

- Install was painless and quick as they got forklift and their yard is extremely organized and clean looking (I've had trucks in the past with toppers, full size, and it was PITA trying to sell toppers, because you sell the truck but buyer doesn't want topper... so you say fuck you too, I'll keep my topper, so you try to gather 4 friends (which means beer/pizza $$) and do the whole ready-1-2-3-lift and put the topper on two-by-fours in the yard, then you let it sit there, and it looks like shit with grass growing in the topper cuz you can't mow it, then you do it again when someone from Kijiji who's already lowballed you enough buys the damn thing, then you can't grab enough people to help, usually happens when you lift it ON, so now you're doing it with 3 guys, etc...) But no, T.T.O. got forklifts to do this. :thumbsup:

- So topper gets put on...
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_0321.jpg

- But mine had a faulty latch (you turn the lock, but it doesn't "connect" to the cables to the latch)... So gave them a call to see if there's anything I can do myself, but Rick says just to bring it back.

- Brought it back, and Jon INSTANTLY got me into the service bay... and the guys (Chris and another guy I forgot his name)... took care of the issue (faulty latch screw, and loose cable) from manufacturer... And I felt so embarrassed cause the night I got my topper, first thing I did was scrapped off The Truck Outfitters decal... but they were cool with it... (personally, I just like clean cut vehicles... that's like in my line of work, for me to put a "TomcoPDR" sticker on someone's panel where I've fixed a dent on)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_0320.jpg

Anyways, Pete, Jon and Rick are all great dude up in the front... really well seasoned in the trade... (yes, they are older, but probably wise)

And the guys doing the installs were excellent too, using plastic seat covers and everything too.