PDA

View Full Version : Saw a UFO last night

Singel
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
At first I thought it was a shooting star, but then realized there were two dots travelling parrelel. Very fast, and totally silent. Took maybe 3 seconds to cover 2/3 of the horizon (from where I first saw it to where it disappeared). I was on a soccer field at MRU - approx 9:50pm.

Saw a commercial jet a few minutes later - much slower, louder, and a lot more lights for comparison. My mind is still blown.

What the hell could it have been?

CMW403
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
A satellite.

Thaco
09-21-2011, 09:51 PM
RjGYSGbAEUM

Affinityion
09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
A satellite.

+1 most likely. I saw about a half dozen of these camping out in Revelstoke last month, pretty cool though

TKRIS
09-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Don't you guys know anything?
Whenever you see something that a layman can't immediately recognize, the most logical answer is that it's either aliens or ghosts. You have apparently not been watching A&E or the History Channel...

Singel
09-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I've seen tons of satellites, and this was unlike any of them. Much faster, and I've never seen one with two lights.

I don't doubt that it's the most likely answer though...

CMW403
09-21-2011, 11:24 PM
K TKRIS is right.

OP, it was an alien ship. He could smell the hempstar you were burning in the middle of the MRU soccer field at 10pm and wanted to come down for a taste. Try kush for next time, aliens hate heavy indica strains.

Mar
09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
The truth is out there.

[Yu]
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
K TKRIS is right.

OP, it was an alien ship. He could smell the hempstar you were burning in the middle of the MRU soccer field at 10pm and wanted to come down for a taste. Try kush for next time, aliens hate heavy indica strains.

Aliens love sativa?!?!

Back to the original thread. I don't think the speed is much of a factor, unless the object in question moved highly fast and in an erratic pattern like a bat out of hell, I would imagine it would just be a satellite.

ZorroAMG
09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Ha guys,

Do I need to define UFO to you all?

Who, including the OP said it has to be aliens...

:facepalm:

CompletelyNumb
09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Weirdest one I saw changed direction and speed multiple times, got really bright, and then disappeared.

syritis
09-22-2011, 01:18 AM
I saw ufo once, it stole my camp fire and turned night into day.

SlickA70
09-22-2011, 01:43 AM
I thought I saw one once when I was a kid, I remember I was looking out at the stars because I couldnt sleep and I saw this red light hover over my house silently.

I've always believed in the existence of aliens and UFO's, your pretty lucky to have spotted something like that.

Zhariak
09-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Isn't there a satellite crashing down soon? (If it already hasn't happened)?

It's been all over the news guys... Cmon...

Shlade
09-22-2011, 06:32 AM
anybody hear anything on the radio yesterday about 3 objects floating in the air in a triangular form, with a bunch of birds freaking out around them?

Apparently bunch of people were calling it on cjay 92.

03ozwhip
09-22-2011, 07:04 AM
i saw one hovering last year at about 11pm heading east on highway 1. i couldnt keep my eyes off of it, i even took a pic from my BB while i was driving, of course it just came out like a blob of light.

it didnt move for a good 5 minutes maybe more, i felt like i was paralyzed, i couldnt pull over, i wanted to but i couldnt, i just kept driving, drove right under it and i kept looking in my rear view to see what it was doing, after a while it just shot off.

scared the living shit out of me.

thats my story! believe it or not!

n1zm0
09-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Zhariak
Isn't there a satellite crashing down soon? (If it already hasn't happened)?

It's been all over the news guys... Cmon...

some ppl dont read/watch news, then they find themselves in a soccer field in the sw claiming they saw ufos zipping around the sky :poosie:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/science-environment-15009337

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/340657/1-in-3200-chance-of-getting-hit-by-satellite-/

Feruk
09-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I think we're too early for it to be that satellite re-entering the atmosphere. It's prolly just a satellite going about it's usual orbit. Especially if it maintained course and velocity.

CMW403
09-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ha guys,

Do I need to define UFO to you all?

Who, including the OP said it has to be aliens...

:facepalm:

LOL

Just because its not identified to YOU doesn't mean it's unidentified smart guy.

Canmorite
09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Don't you guys know anything?
Whenever you see something that a layman can't immediately recognize, the most logical answer is that it's either aliens or ghosts. You have apparently not been watching A&E or the History Channel...

Ah I miss reading your posts.

I don't understand who can watch those shows and take them seriously :rofl:

Tik-Tok
09-22-2011, 09:27 AM
A satellite.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9493025.jpg

jdmXSI
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
a few years back, a friend and i were walking to marda loop around 10pm. We both looked up at the same time and saw 3 lights in a triangular pattern just hovering for a moment. Once it started to move northward. It pick up speed exponetitally and in just a few seconds, it was completely gone past the horizon:eek: :nut:

arian_ma
09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
OP what color were the lights?
Regardless of what it is, it's interesting at least!

bituerbo
09-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Well since this became the 'Spotted a UFO' thread... I once saw a fireball-looking-thing in the sky, moving slowly about ~750m off the ground, and it traveled down the length of a valley between two mountain ridges. It was moving slower than a helicopter or plane, and looked kind of like a miniature sun (~150m in dia.), only nowhere near as bright. It was about as bright as a full moon, but it was bigger than the moon in the sky this night. The 'surface' or outer layer looked just like those CGI sun animations from sci-fi movies, where the outer layer looked viscous (but gaseous), with the 'flames' moving slowly around.

As for altitude/size, I can accurately guess the height from the ground as I knew the mountains around it, and new the elevation gain from the valley to the peaks.

Nothing about what I saw was fuzzy, it was very clear and extremely detailed... almost surreal. Maybe because I couldn't explain it, or just that logic had failed me. It wasn't 'radiating' light the same way the moon was, but it was illuminated just as bright... sort of like it wasn't following the laws of physics/light.

Best comparison is this: You turn on a light-bulb in a dark room. The light comes on, but it doesn't illuminate the room. Your eyes can see that the light is lit, but the light isn't reflecting off of anything else making it visible.

JBreaks
09-22-2011, 11:08 AM
IMO, probability and the fact that at least one planet (or associated satellite? Enceladus potential.. anyone?) harbors life in our random solar system is enough to reasonably guarantee that there is a whole array of life in all parts of the universe... intelligent?.. beyond likely.... intelligent enough to have technology that can push beyond the 'speed limit' set by light?... less likely... but who knows. Mammals as a whole have only been kicking around for like 65 millions years. What if there was a environment that has avoided mass extinction events for 100's of millions of years? Our solar system is somewhat young in the grand scheme of things...

in closing good sir,

UFO's FOR LYFE BIIIIIATCH

Tik-Tok
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JBreaks
IMO, probability and the fact that at least one planet (or associated satellite? Enceladus potential.. anyone?) harbors life in our random solar system is enough to reasonably guarantee that there is a whole array of life in all parts of the universe... intelligent?.. beyond likely.... intelligent enough to have technology that can push beyond the 'speed limit' set by light?... less likely... but who knows. Mammals as a whole have only been kicking around for like 65 millions years. What if there was a environment that has avoided mass extinction events for 100's of millions of years? Our solar system is somewhat young in the grand scheme of things...

in closing good sir,

UFO's FOR LYFE BIIIIIATCH

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/CalvinHobbes.jpg

Kennyredline
09-22-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/movie/xfiles/x_files_23.jpg

theken
09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
There's thousands of galaxies like ours with potential for life, to think humans are the only intelligent lifeform in the universe is laughable, and to those who don't believe it probably believe god created people and an entire universe just so people can argue about it on the internets.

nobb
09-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by theken
There's thousands of galaxies like ours with potential for life, to think humans are the only intelligent lifeform in the universe is laughable, and to those who don't believe it probably believe god created people and an entire universe just so people can argue about it on the internets.

+1. Our planet, sun, and solar system are just specks in the big picture. To think that life does not exist anywhere else is absurd if you consider just how large the universe is. It's pretty much an inevitability that life is surely springing up and dying off all over the universe. However, everything is also spread out over such large distances that the chances of two intelligent species running into each other are very slim.

GREENBOY
09-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I saw about 4 or 5 similar but separate things as OP one night a few weeks ago in the space of an hour sitting in my yard. Ridiculously fast in a straight line covering the skyline in a couple of seconds, way faster than anything I've seen before and very high up. Didn't burn out like a shooting star. Just kept going all the way until it disappeared. Haven't a clue what they were but quite a cool experience.

triplep
09-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by nobb

+1. Our planet, sun, and solar system are just specks in the big picture. To think that life does not exist anywhere else is absurd if you consider just how large the universe is. It's pretty much an inevitability that life is surely springing up and dying off all over the universe. However, everything is also spread out over such large distances that the chances of two intelligent species running into each other are very slim.

Drake equation yo....

Here is the youtube video for it explaining it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlikCebQSlY

slinkie
09-22-2011, 11:23 PM
cops

Rat Fink
09-22-2011, 11:26 PM

OriginalGoods
09-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Holy fuck dude I just saw 2 light dancing at my work out side having a smoke right now. They were blitzing threw the air . Moving so fast coming to eachother then going apart. Heading from north to south. Funny thing is I was looking at the colors of the sky and thought of this thread then all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I saw that. Fuck that was sweet. They moved so fast I couldn't believe it

desi112
09-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I believe you...I'm serious.

When I was 13, the year was 1997 I witnessed a UFO account that was reported in a newspaper in surrey BC.

I lived on a hill facing the Portman Bridge. One day while looking out the window I notice an orange globe approach the bridge at a very gentle speed; too slow to be man made and still have lift. The movement was ever so smooth. At this point I call my mom over, the neighbors are outside watching it also. The UFO hovers under over, and around the bridge for about 2 minutes untill it just blasts off or dissapears ( can't remember).

The newspapers expert said it was just a solar flare?

OriginalGoods
09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Ya this was 2 orange/yellow lights. I couldn't believe it when I was watching it . That was sooo loopy !

jonnycat
09-23-2011, 09:08 AM
In 2001-2002 ish, I was driving with two coworkers from red deer to saskatchewan. For about 5 minutes we all witnessed a huge green fireball just flying throught the air. All of a sudden, it took off and was gone from view almost instantly. Keep in mind we were in Saskatchewan at night, where you can see forever, and it was just gone.

clem24
09-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by jonnycat
In 2001-2002 ish, I was driving with two coworkers from red deer to saskatchewan. For about 5 minutes we all witnessed a huge green fireball just flying throught the air. All of a sudden, it took off and was gone from view almost instantly. Keep in mind we were in Saskatchewan at night, where you can see forever, and it was just gone.

Meteorite passing through the atmosphere...

Originally posted by nobb

+1. Our planet, sun, and solar system are just specks in the big picture.

More like our solar system is so small that it's NOT even a speck.. More like a near invisible atom LOL... A minimum of 100 billion galaxies in the known Universe, with an average of 100 billion stars in each... Yeah, the sun isn't even a speck...

OriginalGoods
09-23-2011, 11:04 AM
These two were flying in a crazy tandem , no way it was falling debris from the sky . I am in such awe still holy shit yo !

ZorroAMG
09-23-2011, 03:07 PM

LOL

Just because its not identified to YOU doesn't mean it's unidentified smart guy.

What does that have to do with my post, "smart guy"? What, because some governing body can or can't identify something, it's got to be alien? How's your tin foil helmet? And yes, at that moment if I see something in the air that I don't recognize or can identify, it is, to me, a UFO. :rofl:

syritis
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by OriginalGoods
Holy fuck dude I just saw 2 light dancing at my work out side having a smoke right now. They were blitzing threw the air . Moving so fast coming to eachother then going apart. Heading from north to south. Funny thing is I was looking at the colors of the sky and thought of this thread then all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I saw that. Fuck that was sweet. They moved so fast I couldn't believe it

swamp gas..... :D

Spoons
09-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Are you sure what you saw wasn't part of the satellite that is going to crash? I thought I saw a UFO on Saturday, I then determined it was the satellite that I saw...

Was pretty cool never the less, looked like it was on fire and damn did that sucker move.

GotRice?
10-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I thought I saw a UFO last night. Around 10:30pm looking south from stampede. It was a really bright green light, kind of like the green at the stop lights on the streets. It was travelling and it looked like it was going to hit another aircraft but changed its trajectory a little before it hit.