PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Utilties - recommendations?

Travel_Dude
09-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey Folks,

I haven't setup utilities in a home since '04. Anyone have any suggestions on what providers to use? Are they all very competitive?

Gas/Electric/Water/Sewer/Recycling/Garbage?

Thanks!

Travel_Dude
09-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Anyone?

Kloubek
09-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Enmax for gas,electric and water. Don't sign with Energy "Savings" or a company like it or you will probably be raped.

Recycling, sewer and garbage are handled by the city.

And for entertainment, I'm switching from Shaw to Telus tomorrow.

And if you can do me a favour in return by removing the gratuitious and flamboyant shot of a dude as your avatar, that'd be great. Thx.

n1zm0
09-22-2011, 10:53 AM
the only thing i found you can leverage kind of in a new home imo, not really utility but i told telus that i am moving into a new place and looking for net and tv provider, then call shaw with the exact same statement using 'well such and such said i can get this if i signed up right now, what can you offer' mostly, its just the 6 month cheapness kinda thing but once thats up its back to haggling - what can you give me vs them.

the gas for us is Enmax and electricity is Direct Energy is really fair across all providers for the most part as said, but i think theres the deals if you go both for one provider as a bundle, i dont deal much with that part the gf insisted on dealing with that one.

Originally posted by Kloubek
And if you can do me a favour in return by removing the gratuitious and flamboyant shot of a dude as your avatar, that'd be great. Thx.

and a +1 to you sir

Everlast
09-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Recycling/garbage/sewer etc is handled by the city, but still billed by Enmax so you'll need to call them.

They can do elec+gas or elec only. Their policy doesn't allow them to do gas without elec.