PDA

View Full Version : New here & looking for a job. supply chain/logistics

iLLlegal
09-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone names Shane and I'm relatively new to the city. Thought I would kill two birds with this thread as I don't really see any 'new member' sections.

I have lived my whole life in St. Albert (just outside edmonton) and I have also been a member on 780tuners for sometime now! I currently drive a 99 Audi A4 1.8T Avant. Don't see too many of those around ;) and I just sold my FairladyZ TT 2+0

So basically long story short I was working out here on the Enmax power plant project just SE of the city. huge project but things didn't work out and now I'm looking for something new. Does anyone know of any companies hiring for lets say

Procurement, logistics, shipping/receiving, inventory control, warehousing?

I have 3 out of my 4 years degree in international business and supply chain management and need to find something to finish my degree! the good part is I get a job relative to my degree and once I'm done 8months I can continue to work (not like co-op positions)

I was working for an industrial company doing procurement on site (upwards of 80k purchased a day :O)

I have experience in the warehouse industry as well for about 3 years

Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also hope to maybe meet some of you guys as I really don't know anyone in the city!

Cheers

finboy
09-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I graduated from MRU's international business and supply chain management degree last november and am also in the job market, shoot me a PM and i will see if i can help you with some job hunting.

Ryan Shawcross
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
When will that Enmax job start manning up for electricians?

ExtraSlow
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Devon Energy is looking for a bunch of supply chain and procurement positions. have a look on the website and if any of them look like they'd work for you, let me know and I'll see if I can your name on the top of the list.

iLLlegal
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by finboy
I graduated from MRU's international business and supply chain management degree last november and am also in the job market, shoot me a PM and i will see if i can help you with some job hunting.

I will PM you! always good to know others working in my field :thumbsup:

iLLlegal
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Shawcross
When will that Enmax job start manning up for electricians?

Hahaha! when we start getting some foundations up and need them! seriously we had like 5 on site just for setting up trailers and random shit.

I believe the plan is to have all the earthworks done and be bolts up by the end of the year. Can't see electricians on site till early 2012. People are climbing over each other trying to get on that job. :banghead:

iLLlegal
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Devon Energy is looking for a bunch of supply chain and procurement positions. have a look on the website and if any of them look like they'd work for you, let me know and I'll see if I can your name on the top of the list.

Thank you sir! I will have a look at those positions. As of right away I am entertaining a position with a logistics company but I WILL keep you posted!!!