PDA

View Full Version : Winter tire. Do you stud?

Cos
09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I am getting winter tires for the first time on my truck this year. I was 100% set on getting them studded. I started to think about it. How much do you really want studs in the city? I drive on highways quite a bit but I would say 80% of the winter the highway is dry.

Do you stud your winters?

SlickA70
09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
This. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/341036/stud-winters-or-leave-unstudded/)

dj_rice
09-23-2011, 09:30 PM
If you have a chance to stud, then why not.

I've said this in another thread and I'll say again. A couple of my friends have Impreza WRX's with AWD and winter tires. They studded. They swear by it and said their car was unstoppable :thumbsup:

Cos
09-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SlickA70
This. (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/341036/stud-winters-or-leave-unstudded/)

wow my bad..... :facepalm:

Originally posted by dj_rice

I've said this in another thread and I'll say again. A couple of my friends have Impreza WRX's with AWD and winter tires. They studded. They swear by it and said their car was unstoppable :thumbsup:

Only reason I dont want to stud is the noise. If it is just mainly a noise maker I would rather not have it then.

Hage69
09-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Only reason I dont want to stud is the noise. If it is just mainly a noise maker I would rather not have it then.

As said in the other thread they dont really make a loud noise, just quiet, and I'm pretty sure on the highway it might be quieter? :confused:

Cos
09-23-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah I posted in the other thread. Sorry guys I must have spelt 'stud' wrong when I searched. :nut:

:closed:

Cooked Rice
09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

This.

The noise isn't bad unless you drive with the windows down, and no stereo playing. It's a quiet hum in the background at most, don't notice it unless I turn off my stereo.