guysmiley
01-23-2004, 07:54 PM
ok here is the situation,

The set up I have is as follows:

deck running three amps
- one for my front speakers
- one for the rear speakers
- one for my sub

each has there own set of rca's, front, rear and sub out.

they all work fine when I am playing cd's.

When I switch to my fm radio everything works fine for about 5 seconds.

Then my front speakers and my sub shut off and my rear speakers continue to work. it's very strange.

I have tried switching the rca's at the back of the deck from rear to front and so on, for some reason only the rear speakers will work no matter what combination I have tried.

please help me , this is driving me crazy

thanks

KoukiS14
01-23-2004, 08:31 PM
wow, ive never heard of that happening before. I cant even begin to guess the problem :dunno: :(

Zero102
01-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Where do your amps get their remote power from? (Not the constant 12V, but the switched one) it sounds like 2 of them are powered from one source, and your rear speaker amp is powered from another. I bet you don't have +12V at the remote terminal on the sub and front amps. Follow where it comes from, and there is your problem. if you want, you could remove the wires from them, and jumper the wire from the remote terminal of your rear speaker amp, but that is a band-aid fix.
However it would work to help diagnose the problem.

guysmiley
01-25-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah that's what I was thinking. my remote power comes from the remote line that is built in to one of the sets of rca's (can't remember which set) but I will try waht you said

thanks for the help

-250-
01-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Off topic, that sounds like a sick setup up... what speakers/amps sub are you using?

soupey
01-27-2004, 10:41 PM
ur deck should only be able to handle, at most, splitting ur low level signal to maybe 2 amps, might cut out if u have it split too many times from the deck...thats my guess at what the problem is, u might want to consider buying a crossover unit or somethin, or maybe if ur amps have a pre in and preout, then just go amp to amp....thats usually how u wud run it like that, if all else fails, buy a high to low level converter for ur sub amp, like $10 from london drugs...works pretty well..., it'll decrease the amount of power ur deck needs to put out on the rca's

thats my guess on ur prob, tell me if it helps u out at all

----------------

WOOPS

each has there own set of rca's, front, rear and sub out

didn't see that hte first time, well all i can say is try usin high to low level then for each amp...might help u isolate a possible prob wit an amp..... scratch wut i said above about how splittin one set of preouts cud b the prob.

guysmiley
01-29-2004, 03:45 PM
i haven't tried to fix it yet cause it's to friggin cold right now

thanks for the sugestions

will let you guys know what happens

guysmiley
02-02-2004, 08:11 PM
so,

I figured out what the problem was.

i had 2 blue wires from my deck

one said- amp control
the other said- power antenna control

I had it hooked up to the amp control originally and the cd player worked but no radio.

but then I tried hooking it up to the antenna control and the radio worked but no cd player.

so i hooked them up both together and everything works great

thanks for the help everyone

Zero102
02-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Umm, I don't know about that solution... that might not be the best way to do it.
Perhaps try using the accesory wire that turns your deck on, but the AMP wire should be +12V when the deck is on.