PDA

View Full Version : WTB - TSW Concept 1 or 2

pak65
01-23-2004, 07:56 PM
TSW Concept l or ll. 18"x8", 5x114.3 bolt pattern, +~40mm offset, silver or chrome. Preferrably straight, or in easily repairable condition. I'm interested in buying 1 or 2 rims, but would even buy three if you've damaged one in your set, and haven't been able to find a fourth. All four of mine are still good, but I'd like to have a spare. I'm in southern IL.

tc3
01-23-2004, 08:04 PM
I have a set of 4, in chrome, 18"x8" in fair shape. I'm using them now on my car, but I'll sell them for the right price. I think the offset is +25??
TC

pak65
01-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by tc3
I have a set of 4, in chrome, 18"x8" in fair shape. I'm using them now on my car, but I'll sell them for the right price. I think the offset is +25??
TC

I actually have a second set with that offset already (+20-25mm). Any one of them would work as a spare for the set on my car, but the +20 offset makes them stick out almost an inch too far. (25.4mm=1 inch). I originally bought them because the seller told me they had the +40 offset I wanted. I've only held onto them in case I needed to use one as a temporary spare. If I do find an extra(s) with the correct offset to match the ones on my car, I'll go ahead and sell the extra set of +20mm offset.

The +20mm's are close, but not close enough for permanent use. At least for me on my car anyway. This extra set is silver, but you might keep them in mind if you ever decide you might like to have some spares for your set. Unfortunately, I won't want to sell them until I have a correct spare or two for my set.

tc3
01-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Have u thought of having them shaved down to a 40 offset? Can a wheel shop do that for u??

pak65
01-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by tc3
Have u thought of having them shaved down to a 40 offset? Can a wheel shop do that for u??

I did check into it, but the way the hubs are cast is different on each rim. Taking off 20mm of material on a +20 rim would have the effect of removing the lug nut seats. I talked to a couple of machine shops about the possibility of having it done, but the job would have involved removing the excess thickness, re-welding the lug holes closed, and redrilling the bolt pattern with the proper seats. Everyone was of the opinion that the heat involved in the aluminum re-welding process would have had the effect of weakening the hub area of the wheel, making it's strength questionable.

That was all besides the fact that when compared to the labor rates involved, I could have just went out and bought a new set of rims. I like the style of the Concepts, but I don't like them that much.

Since the Concepts' were discontinued, I've just accepted the fact that my only reasonable option is going to be finding a used spare. As my luck would have it, there is a brand new set of Concepts on eBay right now, but they are the wrong bolt pattern, and I'm pretty sure that they couldn't be redrilled to the specs I need either. If anyone's looking for some 18x8 Concepts, 4x100 (or 108), you can get a good deal. $400.