PDA

View Full Version : Review: Awesome experience with Redlyne_mr2 and The BMW Gallery

Justing
09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Customer service and The BMW gallery used to be an oxymoron but Ryan (Redline_mr2) has changed my opinion of the dealership completely, so I thought I’d write a review about my awesome experience.

In August, I had started looking for a 335i. I knew I wanted factory warranty as well as the certified pre-owned warranty, which meant I had no choice but to deal with the dreaded dealerships.

Seeing as how Beyonders take care of each other, I contacted Ryan to let him know what I was looking for and what my budget was. He was straight forward with me from the beginning in terms of what to expect. He even checked the lease returns to see what he was expecting back in the next couple of months to see if anything of interest would come up.

About a week later he contacted me about a fully loaded sedan in the colour I wanted and the Beyond hook up price he quoted me was more than fair. We set up an appointment and needless to say I put a deposit down right away. Just a note, the price he quoted me included everything except for the GST. This wasn’t something I was expecting as I’ve found that dealers love to tack on random unexpected fees. It just goes to show how straight forward Ryan is to deal with. He cut right through the BS, and as such I didn’t feel like I needed to negotiate further as the price was fair and I believed Ryan when he told me he hooked me up with a Beyond deal.
Since it was just returned from lease, it hadn’t been cleaned or anything, Ryan pointed out all the imperfections and repairs he would have completed before delivery. Throughout the process Ryan e-mailed me with updates as to what stage the car was in. It needed some micro-paint, some replacement parts etc. and I was kept up to speed the whole time.
Once I committed to purchase I had called the sales manager several times over the span of a couple days in order to finish up the deal, but for some reason I wasn’t receiving a call back. I e-mailed Ryan and everything was settled within a couple of hours. I even got a pretty sweet ‘gift’ for the troubles. Haha

The car was expected to be ready for a certain day, but Ryan said he wasn’t happy with the polish job (black car) so he had them detail it AGAIN as well as remove the seats and shampoo all the carpets for me. It’s a huge bonus dealing with a car enthusiast as they actually know what they’re talking about and they actually care about the car.
On delivery day, I walked into the dealership at about 5:00pm on a Friday, Ryan came out of the delivery bay where he was PERSONALLY giving the car one last polish. He took the time to go through the idrive as well as all the controls with me and introduced me to the service manager. When most people were counting down to the weekend, Ryan insisted on going through everything with me.
On top of all that, he made a service appointment for me for a back ordered warranty part. It may not sound like a big deal but how many typical sales people forget about you as soon as they sell you something?

All in all I had an excellent experience, due completely to the phenomenal customer service from Ryan. Of all the cars me or my family have bought, this was far and away the best experience ever. He was quick to respond, straight forward and an overall pleasure to deal with.

Cliffs:
- Exceptional experience with redline_mr2 at The BMW Gallery
- If you are in the market for a bmw, contact him!

Kona9
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
:thumbsup: Great to hear/read!

sneek
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
That is fantastic to hear! I used to dread going to Gallery. Now I might actually consider going back. I recall getting some letter a while back saying things had changed there or something along those lines, but it was already too late.

corsvette
09-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Its nice to read of a positive review of a dealership:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
OG Triple OG

Justing
09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sneek
That is fantastic to hear! I used to dread going to Gallery. Now I might actually consider going back. I recall getting some letter a while back saying things had changed there or something along those lines, but it was already too late.

Thats funny you say that because I had actually called Bavaria in Edmonton before I remembered that Redlyne worked at the gallery.
A little background info; a few years ago when my dad was looking to buy an e60, he asked me to do the footwork for him since I’m the car enthusiast in the family. I called the gallery in regards to one they had in stock, spoke to the sales rep and made an appointment for the following evening. The next night me and my dad go to check out the car, when we arrived I was told by the sales rep that the car wasn’t actually in stock and he didn’t bother to tell me since “I didn’t seem serious.” I had no idea what that meant considering I made the appointment the day before. We were so turned off by this, my dad bought the car in Vancouver, maybe as an excuse to make the trip, but I think it was mostly out of spite. lol

Which reminds me, while I was waiting for delivery of my car, my dad got a flat on his runflat :dunno:
I dropped by his office to say hi, I let him know my dad had a flat and Ryan looked after that as well. He made sure it was taken care of, let me know the status of the tire and contacted me when it was ready. Above and beyond again.

Originally posted by corsvette
Its nice to read of a positive review of a dealership:thumbsup:

Exactly. Glad I get to post one:thumbsup:

2000TL
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Good review! Nice to hear a positive experience.:thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
:thumbsup: I can vouch for Ryan's professionalism. Pleasant to deal with.

OriginalGoods
09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Pics !