totally absolutely fucking sucked assdink

discuss.

p3nnywi5dom
01-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Seriously?
I havn't seen it, but it looks alright.

Redlyne_mr2
01-23-2004, 10:49 PM
The previews looked good maybe punked is the only gig in town for that ashton guy

gpomp
01-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I liked it... pretty good story IMO.

TalonVelocity
01-24-2004, 12:20 AM
it was one of the top 3 WORST movies I have ever seen, sure it was an interesting idea, but god damn the acting was HORRRRIIIBLLLLEEEEE

I called it perfectly beforehand:

"A well made preview for a shit movie."

and thats exactly what it is.

Khyron
01-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Reviewers are calling it "slick trash" - I was hoping it would be another Matrix 1. Ah well.

Khyron

Forcefed
01-24-2004, 02:23 AM
I guess there goes my tomorrow night :thumbsdow

Gondi Stylez
01-24-2004, 03:19 AM
i just saw it 2nite and i thought is was fucked up! bnut i didnt think it was bad!! i liked it! i give it a :thumbsup:

but i do suggest you watch it... for sure will make you think!:nut:

Kamen
01-24-2004, 08:29 PM
I thought the story was good. Sure the movie didn't keep my eyes glued on the screen, but it sure as hell didn't make me want to leave.
Really good plot IMO. Different movie for different types of viewers I think.
There were some scenes that made me laugh though.

civicrider
01-24-2004, 09:10 PM
i thought it was pretty good, maybe because i went into it not expecting much
"fuck bag"

sexualbanana
01-25-2004, 12:50 AM
I heard the acting wasn't that bad (of course it wasn't good either), except for Kutcher's mom who I hear is just fucking terrible.

accordboi_02
01-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I heard the acting wasn't that bad (of course it wasn't good either), except for Kutcher's mom who I hear is just fucking terrible.

Hmmm... best quote I read was from the Calgary Sun's review regarding Kutchner's acting:

"Time and again, he’s called on to emote, something he does better than I expected, which is to say, better than the carpet in my hotel room."

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=films&p=80780.html&a=1

:rofl:

Davetronz
01-25-2004, 02:38 AM
.... I thought it was good, as did my girlfriend, 2 of her friends and their two friends...

Maybe some of the younger Beyond audience just didnt understand it... :zzz:

Kamen
01-25-2004, 04:11 AM
When I went, the theatre was full of young girls seeing the movie for Ashton more than the movie itself methinks...

redec
01-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I dunno what you guys are talking about....I thought it kicked some ass....it was way better than expected imho

TalonVelocity
01-25-2004, 12:14 PM
ugh you guys are too like every other stupid person

blah

legendboy
01-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity

blah

:rofl: what an asshole remark

gpomp
01-25-2004, 12:35 PM

blah

TalonVelocity
01-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

:rofl: what an asshole remark

lol to be like other people?? PEOPLE ARE SOOOO FRIGGIN STUPID as a whole, and to fit in with them, yeah, its bad.

three.eighteen.
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
cus youre so much smarter than everyone else for not liking this movie :rolleyes:

TalonVelocity
01-25-2004, 01:55 PM
did I say I was?

ps: the fact that Im smarter than you has nothing to do with liking this movie or not, I just am.

FiveFreshFish
01-25-2004, 02:10 PM
totally absolutely fucking sucked assdink

discuss.

blah

What's the point in inviting discussion when you just shoot down people whose opinion differ from yours?

three.eighteen.
01-25-2004, 02:14 PM
im not going to contest my intelligence over yours over the internet

TalonVelocity
01-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
.... I thought it was good, as did my girlfriend, 2 of her friends and their two friends...

Maybe some of the younger Beyond audience just didnt understand it... :zzz:

I wasnt the first to take a shot

redec
01-25-2004, 02:21 PM
the fact that Im smarter than you has nothing to do with liking this movie or not, I just am.

your opinion of 'totally absolutely fucking sucked assdink' really showcases your obvious superior mental capacities. If you don't want to hear people's opinions then don't fucking ask. STFU and grow up.

ZorroAMG
01-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Talon Velocity, do they even HAVE movie theatres in Leduc? Grow up chin-nuts.

403Gemini
01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
gpomp that made me laugh so fuckin hard!

xkon
01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by redec
I dunno what you guys are talking about....I thought it kicked some ass....it was way better than expected imho

I agree, wayyyyy better than i had expected... and i expected it to be good! I may go see it again :thumbsup:

403Gemini
01-26-2004, 05:39 PM
it looks really really good

Hakkola
01-26-2004, 06:25 PM
I heard it was good at first with a good plot but it dragged on and on and on with the same shit over and over again, which is probably why a lot of people think the movie stinks. I can't comment any more than that though, I haven't seen the movie, and probably won't.

gpomp
01-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Most people probably think it sucks cuz they don't understand it since it jumps around so much.

hjr
01-26-2004, 11:22 PM
i havent seen it but it does look absolutely terrible. i now must see it to test my theory.

Gondi Stylez
01-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Most people probably think it sucks cuz they don't understand it since it jumps around so much.

:werd: amatures!:whipped:

BigMass
01-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Most fan boys think that if a movie doesn’t make sense it's because it has a super intelligent plot and the only reason people don't like it is because they're to dumb to understand the greatness of the story.

Sure there are great movies in that vain like Memento or Pulp Fiction that jump around and have good stories, but there are also a lot of movies that try and copy this style and fail. More often then not though there is no greater meaning or perverse story line. The movie just sucks and the fan boys don't want to admit it.

DannyITR
01-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I saw it and it kicked fucking ass. Makes you think and scares the hell out of you at times. Very well done and I highly reccomend it. Why do you guys hate it so much. I walked out with my money well spent.

QuasarCav
01-28-2004, 04:29 PM
The sound it makes when he has flashbacks scared me the most.

I am just glad I wasn't thinking "kelso" the whole time, not bad for a dumbass hippie

3g4me
01-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Lol I liked it, well worth the $, and i recomend this movie to everyone.

ZorroAMG
01-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Ok, um Big Mass, Memento, however "monumental" or "breakthru" or smart it was, is such a stupid fucking movie. Let's write a movie backwards, cause that would be the new hotness!! LAME lol....

As for the Butterfly Effect, I will most likely rent it as opposed to see it in the theater, I neverr caught on to the hype and am not attracted to Ashton like the 12 yr old girls are hahahaha

Khyron
01-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ok, um Big Mass, Memento, however "monumental" or "breakthru" or smart it was, is such a stupid fucking movie. Let's write a movie backwards, cause that would be the new hotness!! LAME lol....

Actually it copies an earlier movie (french I think) that went backwards. The problem with Momento is that people that went to watch it were expecting a thriller - a popcorn movie. You can't watch Momento if you are tired or not in the mood to pay attention. I thought it was great - my woman didn't. You notice a LOT more on the 2nd viewing.

The DVD has it reshot in normal version - I haven't seen it but people say it's good.

Khyron

w3apon
01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Good movie, very entertaining and worth the $.

Only a wannabe pseudo-intellectual pretentious uptight person would go on the internet to bash a movie that is obviously only for Entertainment value.
If you went to ButterFly Effect expecting an Oscar nomination, then you should give your head a shake and chill out.

ZorroAMG
01-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Good call w3apon

3g4me
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Good call w3apon

GorG
01-29-2004, 03:27 PM
:D That was good movie, i love movies were you have to actually think to understand whats happenening and to understand to plot of ths story i give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
01-29-2004, 05:53 PM
i love movies like memento, adaptation, fight club, pulp fiction etc, the ones that make you notice things and ask questions that have real answers when pertaining to the movie

VWhooligan
01-29-2004, 11:34 PM
I loved the butterfly effect, thought it was a really good movie.

By the way, what is the significance of the title? Did they explain it in the movie? As far as I know, the butterfly effect is when you die from a large explosion/bomb, and they give you an x-ray, supposedly all your organs are mushed together and form something that looks like a butterfly... so I've been told, thus the "butterfly effect"

VWbloke
01-30-2004, 12:11 AM
The "butterfly effect" is this old saying that when a butterfly flaps its wings on one side of the world, it cause like a hurricane on the other side of the world... or something like that.

QuasarCav
01-30-2004, 09:33 AM
It's a chaos theory, When a butterfly flaps it's wings in Vancouver in Toyko a tsunami happens. Pretty much something as small as a wing flap can eventually lead to a much bigger event.
Just like in the movie when he goes back the first time, that is the wing flap and it builds into something bigger.

Don't quote me on this!

redec
01-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
It's a chaos theory, When a butterfly flaps it's wings in Vancouver in Toyko a tsunami happens. Pretty much something as small as a wing flap can eventually lead to a much bigger event.
Just like in the movie when he goes back the first time, that is the wing flap and it builds into something bigger.

Don't quote me on this!

well...close, but not quite.....every time he goes back and changes something, that's the wing flap.....the thing he changes is relativly small, but it changes absolutly everything in the present...

TalonVelocity
01-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
i love movies like memento, adaptation, fight club, pulp fiction etc, the ones that make you notice things and ask questions that have real answers when pertaining to the movie

These were great movies yea, but the butterfly effect up against those?
:rolleyes:

SwitchBlade
01-31-2004, 05:36 PM
i thought it was a great movie, it was kinda cool how things re-occured id definatly check it out.

SI-vic
02-01-2004, 01:45 AM
I thought it was a great movie.
The story line was fantastic, acting wasnt great but.... I really got into the movie and stuff.
Well worth $13.

three.eighteen.
02-04-2004, 05:05 PM

These were great movies yea, but the butterfly effect up against those?
:rolleyes:

k i watched it last nite, for the most part it was depressing and not all that intelligent like the movies i mentioned above...not assdink, but not worth my 9 dollars

403Gemini
02-05-2004, 03:08 PM
good movie :D id buy it on dvd

BloNdie
02-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Just saw it last night, and LOVED it, as most of you all. I came home, went to bed and laid there wide eyed for half the night just thinking about it all. Good concept to work with, good ending (which is more then I can say about alot of movies). I'm thinkin about seeing it again, and not being scared just thinking about it. I felt so bad for those kids tho, the whole way through. Sad to think that its really like that for some people out there. Made me appriciate what I have a little bit more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
02-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
i just saw it 2nite and i thought is was fucked up! bnut i didnt think it was bad!! i liked it! i give it a :thumbsup:

but i do suggest you watch it... for sure will make you think!:nut:

Originally posted by 3g4me
Lol I liked it, well worth the $, and i recomend this movie to everyone.

Originally posted by w3apon
Good movie, very entertaining and worth the $.

Only a wannabe pseudo-intellectual pretentious uptight person would go on the internet to bash a movie that is obviously only for Entertainment value.
If you went to ButterFly Effect expecting an Oscar nomination, then you should give your head a shake and chill out.

I saw it last night very good movie good mind Screw.
I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blacura
02-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Saw it last night.

I really though it was pretty good. Ashton Kutcher was waay better then I tought he would be. I expected lame, but I was pleasently surprised. Quite interesting. :thumbsup:

And I never thought I'd hear Ashton Kutcher say "Should I suck your dick now?" lol

:eek: