PDA

View Full Version : Does the car a person drive make them more attractive?

girlRACER
09-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Gadgetboy got me thinking about one thing: 'shallowness'
Would you ever like someone (in a relationship type of way) just for their car?
This question probably applies more to a girl, but I also hear on the forums about guys being even more attracted to a girl because of what she drives...for example, the "hot chic in the yellow CRX."
To what extent does the car a person drive make them more or less attractive?
I have had people tell me that they think the only reason I am attracted to some guys is for the car that person drives but that is not the case. I may talk about 'ideal guys driving black CLK's' but that is all just daydreaming and ill talk. It is a different case if I actually go out searching to pursue a guy in a 'black CLK' but I don't. I think that when you meet the right person, it really doesn't matter what kind of car they drive. If they happen to drive a nice car, maybe that is a bonus but to me, it is all about personality. I myself, am more attracted to the computer geeks!

What about you guys? What do you think?

OPGForce
09-13-2002, 02:01 AM
I myself, am more attracted to the computer geeks!

why?

Ben
09-13-2002, 02:04 AM
Heh, image is everything in alot of cases...Like it or not, society has dug a pretty stiff rut in what peple are drawn too, and I think Madonna said it best when she said we are living in a material world, and often, its the nice guys who finish last.

jesse84
09-13-2002, 06:01 AM
Well if the case of the car making the guy more attractive, I am screwed six ways from Sunday :) Guess I'll have to lose my computer geekiness now and buy a '69 Impala.

Personally I don't go for the material crap like that, I would date an attractive girl driving a Bug (I just wouldn't be caught dead in it :) ) just as soon as I would one driving a Shelby.

Pete92SL
09-13-2002, 07:07 AM
Cars don't matter. It's the person that I go for.

Pete

HRD2PLZ
09-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Usually when you meet someone you meet them before you meet the car. It doesn't matter what they drive, but if its nice- all the better :thumbsup: No, but seriously. Just because someone doesn't drive a nice car doesn't make them any less attractive. Some people don't care about what they drive...:dunno: A car isn't the sole symbol of someones wealth either...

infamous
09-13-2002, 08:43 AM
cars don't mean shit. do you think that you could spend your life with someone who has a nice ferrari or something, even though they are complete asses? i know that i couldn't. people who base relationships on material items are retarded, and they are going to end up never having a true relationship. you have to take what you can, and find the best one. or just a bunch of them! but in all honesty, i would never base a relationship on what a female drives. i would just think of it as a bonus if they did drive!

sexualbanana
09-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I myself, am more attracted to the computer geeks!

hown about those driving black civics?? :love: . . . . .:rofl:

max_boost
09-13-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

hown about those driving black civics?? :love: . . . . .:rofl:

Try picking up someone else dude, she is out of your league!:rofl:

sexualbanana
09-13-2002, 08:56 AM
no doubt. i'm like level -8.

max_boost
09-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Back on topic, on first impression, it is definitely cool if the opposite sex drove a sweet ass car. But if this person is a total jack ass then thats the end of it. Personality serious comes first, material things are a bonus second.

No matter how nice of a car someone may drive, if they are arrogant/cocky about it, I would not be their friend.

max_boost
09-13-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
no doubt. i'm like level -8.

You drive a Honda, nuff said.
:rofl:

sexualbanana
09-13-2002, 09:02 AM
i drive a civic dx. nuff said

LUDELVR
09-13-2002, 09:57 AM
It's all about the T and A!!!!!! :thumbsup:

nookmumracing
09-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Now if you met a girl or guy that was cool then you find out she/he rolls in a ride would that hype the attraction?

Peace

van
09-13-2002, 10:28 AM
I think specifically, the mentality that one has when he/she sees another potential partner in a modded up car, exotic car, or just one nice luxury car. The human-mind just kind of clicks in and is attracted to it. However, I don't believe just because one drives a nice car that one is a nice person to be with. In all cases, not the handsomest of guys drive nice cars. I've seen plenty of ugly dude in 'sweet' rides. The same with women, I've seen plenty of ugly girls driving sweet cars too. On the other hand, I've seen tons of women that drive nice cars that have nices faces to go with them.

I just say it's an added bonus if they drive a nice car. But basically you shouldn't have your basis on what he/she drives. More of, the personality of the person. Of course their looks, why do I say that? Because thats the first thing you see, that person. So it's usually the look that gets your attention. After that, it's probably their personality and like I repeated before their car.

If I found a girl that I liked and she drove a beater car, I'd be more than happy to drive with her. I don't see why it'd make any much of a difference what car you drive. You're with the person and that's all that matters.

So many people I've seen talk shit about guys going out with girls in ugly cars and vice-versa. Then I think about the people who are saying it and they have no one! Just themselves and their decked out car that chicks don't like.

As much as this topic has its pros it also has its cons.

That's life for ya.

mwmhong
09-13-2002, 10:31 AM
'Attractiveness' and 'a relationship' are two different things.
Attractiveness is what gets things rolling, a relationship is what
may or may not happen afterwards.

And YES, cars, clothes, looks, etc. do affect ones attractiveness. That is a cold hard fact.

Audi Kid
09-13-2002, 02:59 PM
well...if a chick has a nice car like a porsche and she lets me drive it when i see her id go out with her fo sho! hahaha aslong as she had nice t&a eh leo>

5gluder
09-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Benny
I think Madonna said it best when she said we are living in a material world, and often, its the nice guys who finish last.

So true. Whenever a girl askes me what i drive i always say a caravan (moms van). How many of those girls talked to me after, ZERO. It goes to show you that in todays society were are overwhelmed with the perception that material possessions are everything.
Why do you always hear guys saying "a hot chick in a car", I would assume that the men are more attractive to a girl in a nice car due to the fact that they may have something in common. Honestly how many women are out there that are actually into the mechanics of a vehicle? few. It's like a women finding a man who loves to shop.

Dope Dealer
09-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder
It's like a women finding a man who loves to shop.

They are called homosexuals :thumbsup:

5gluder
09-13-2002, 04:13 PM
Sorry i ment to say:
"It's like a women finding a straight man who loves to shop."

Zephyr
09-13-2002, 04:33 PM
I think the car a person drives, can also show some of their personality. For example, if you saw someone with a car, and the inside is just all dirty filled with clothes and half eaten food, then you can tell they probably are not very clean, and some people perfer clean people. The type of car can tell their financial status, but that doesn't apply to every driver. I guess if you are one of those who look at the other person's wallet, then you probably be attracted to them if they drove a Mercedes or anything higher. Plus when you meet someone, you check out their outside first, and judge them by their image, then later on their personality.

A car can't really make someone more attractive, unless the viewer is someone that just wants money or wants to look ""cool"". But a car can reveal someone's personality.

E36M3
09-13-2002, 04:54 PM
A girl with a great car certainly wouldn't hurt.. my girlfriend is mostly apathetic to cars, and certainly would be pissed at me for buying an expensive one. She is way more practical than that.

Having said that, she understands that the Prancing Horse fund is a vital part of my life and that it isn't going anywhere :)

BTW- I've been in Calgary on business for 6 days, and have seen that yellow SLK about 10 times. It is funny to see someone from the board drive by.

2000impreza
09-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
'Attractiveness' and 'a relationship' are two different things.
Attractiveness is what gets things rolling, a relationship is what
may or may not happen afterwards.

And YES, cars, clothes, looks, etc. do affect ones attractiveness. That is a cold hard fact.

i argee with you. thats how today's society is... based on money. how much you got..

i think the worse way to describe someone's personality would to base it on the vehicle the drive. you simply can't look at the inside/outside of a car and base someone's personality on what you see....

just look at my car. cheap rims, non color matching side skirts, ugly ass mudflaps, very messy interior,....etc. you would probably get the assumption i was a cheap fat ass bastard or something.....

max_boost
09-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Most of us are materialistic, but to what extent?

I personally think girlRACER is the runaway winner for being most materialistic person that I know of but I don't mean that in a harmful way.

Its true, its true!

Toms-Celica
09-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Does the car a person drive make them more attractive?
Yes, have I mentioned how beautiful you are? Heheehe
:angel:

ManHunter
09-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

They are called homosexuals :thumbsup:

Hey! I love to shop! For CDs, DVDs and computer games. :)

We had a similar thread on v8less a while back. I read about a poll that was made and the results were (if I remember correctly)... 3% of women would date a guy only for his car.

MH

dj_honda
09-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
It's all about the T and A!!!!!! :thumbsup:
haha thats what i was gonna say!!!
it depends if shes hot! or not!

shadowz
09-14-2002, 02:57 AM
Personally I would think its stupid for anyone to go out with someone just for their car, also it doesnt make them anymore attractive than anyone else

ME_VS_YOU
09-14-2002, 10:46 AM
i beleive girls are way worse for this that guys.....i know lots of girls who would only go out with a guy if he drove a nice car....pretty much all the girls out there are out to get the best looking guys in the nicest cars....90%of the time the guy drives anyways so i think this question should be more aimed at girls....alot of the girls i dated didnt even drive at all so it really didnt matter....

Hakkola
09-14-2002, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I know a bunch of girls who date guys with nice cars, just because of that.

I think a car is kinda like clothes, you get style points for dressing nicely, same as driving a nice car. It's not the only thing that's important, I know the kind of girl i like, the classy dressed ones are not going to enjoy riding around in a car that's falling apart.

My ex didn't care about my car and I loved that, hope i can find another girl like that because i think they're hard to find, having an average car can't hurt, sometimes having a nice one can if you didn't pay for it yourself. But i think most of the time a nice car is a bonus.

Now as for a girl with a nice car, i couldn't care less. She could drive a piece or not drive at all and it really wouldn't matter to me, truthfully a girl with a nicer car than me would be a turnoff. Here's one reason, she'd probably want to drive me around more, which I wouldn't like, i enjoy driving.

Now if you're a player or something, a nice car will definately get you noticed, driving around in my car me and my friends have picked up about 5 girls, and more that we didn't hook up with. I was driving downtown a couple weeks ago in the Benz and these two 25 year olds invited me out for coffee with them but it was 2 in the morning and I was upset so I went home. A nice car can't hurt. However I would never want to date a girl who liked me because of my car.

Zephyr
09-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Us guys we think its stupid to go for just the car, but to the girls they just want to look for the fattest wallet.

but then not all of them are like that, my gf didn't give a crap what car i drove, she just wanted to be with me. plus her bro gave his IS300 to her, and it had 20 grand worth of mods, so my car is crap compared to hers.

CRXguy
09-14-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

haha thats what i was gonna say!!!
it depends if shes hot! or not!

That's not an issue for LUDELVR!!:rofl:

max_boost
09-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Us guys we think its stupid to go for just the car, but to the girls they just want to look for the fattest wallet.

but then not all of them are like that, my gf didn't give a crap what car i drove, she just wanted to be with me. plus her bro gave his IS300 to her, and it had 20 grand worth of mods, so my car is crap compared to hers.

Pictures of the IS300 please!!

RSeXy
09-14-2002, 01:53 PM
i think there is a stereotype that is placed on girls who happen to be dating a guy with a nice car and has money, etc.

people automatically assume when they see a girl dating a guy with a nice car that she is a gold digger. they don't see the bigger picture and make these assumptions which can be very frustrating! this is a very untrue statement to make about girls b/c not all girls date guys for their cars...so what if they happen to drive a "nice" car

it is also shallow to assume that the girl may only be going out with the guy b/c of his car because it judges the guy as well.

girlRACER
09-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by E36M3

BTW- I've been in Calgary on business for 6 days, and have seen that yellow SLK about 10 times. It is funny to see someone from the board drive by.

:D I'm always driving...I practically live in my car.

girlRACER
09-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

I personally think girlRACER is the runaway winner for being most materialistic person that I know of but I don't mean that in a harmful way.

Its true, its true!

aiya...I knew I was bad but I didn't know I was that bad! Okay now that you mention my short coming I will make an effort to change this "High Maintenance materialistic" girlRACER and turn her into a "Low maintenance humble" girlRACER. Next time sweeping needs to be done, I'll work harder and longer...and no more expensive purses for me (except for school bag) then I'll be super low maintenance. :) :angel:

girlRACER
09-14-2002, 10:27 PM
And next time, sweeping or lifting or whatever heavy duty work or chore needs to be done I'll put an effort and then you can all take pictures and record it so that I'm not just all talk. hehe:)

(Why do I have the feeling Rage2's gonna ask me to clean his toilets?)

Toms-Celica
09-15-2002, 10:17 AM
And you can count on me to be there to make a caption contest out of it! :p

ConVict
09-16-2002, 08:58 PM
guys/girls think about it, if there were twins, both exactly alike in everyway, and one drove a ferrari and the other a car you would duck your head when you see your buddies who would you choice..
girls will get noticed more if they drive something nice because its a surprize , nice girl in a nice car.. you usually dont see it!
anyone that dates them just for that is pretty wierd even though i know people who date girls for what they can get out of em..
i love it when my girlfriend talks about how she wants a pimped out z3...
money is sexy, it can add to how you feel to some one very easily, thats life..

Superesc
09-16-2002, 09:06 PM
hmm I don't think cars matter much as to the value of a girl. For all I care she doesn't even have a car. Like MB say, Everyone's materalistic, but to what extend is anyone's opinion.

I am poor so I can't expect the girl I like to drive a nice car. :dunno:

rage2
09-17-2002, 07:49 AM
Why do I have the feeling Rage2's gonna ask me to clean his toilets?

Trying to steal Audikid's job???

Ben
09-17-2002, 08:26 AM
Well All I have to say is my car for example does not represent my personality much at all, but its all I can afford at the moment. I almost bought an Oldsmobile Cutlas just because I needed a car so damn bad, but this one came up at the same time (VW or Olds, I think I makde the better choice) Too much prejudice based on the allmighty buck, people dont even get a chance.

LaughingTiger
09-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ManHunter

Hey! I love to shop! For CDs, DVDs and computer games. :)

We had a similar thread on v8less a while back. I read about a poll that was made and the results were (if I remember correctly)... 3% of women would date a guy only for his car.

MH

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .........
......3%.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ben
09-17-2002, 11:32 AM
I think they missed the 8 infront of the 3:rofl:

sml
09-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Actually, I believe a factor to consider is the age of the person (boy or girl). Don't you always notice that in junior high and high school, you see little girls flying around all the hot/cool/bad@$$ looking guys cause it's the "in" thing to do... Then in university, you look for that sweet@$$ sugar daddy that's gonna support you for the rest of your life... Then when you're 30-40 something, you're looking for someone who can communicate and have common interests and like you for who you are and not what you are... It all depends on at which stage ppl are at. Just because you're materialistic now doesn't mean that you'll be in 5 yrs, 10 yrs or 50 yrs down the road... Do what your desire wants to now no matter what anybody else thinks and when the right person comes along, he will like you for who you are and in turn you will "adjust" yourself accordingly to what you think he likes, whether it be a money concious girl or a materialistic woman.

SHO
09-17-2002, 05:22 PM
In Every day life I am just a slob. But when I get into my car I TRANSFORM into

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/007/315/hasselhoff1.JPG

Big_Six_Boy
09-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Hot chicks are hot chicks... doesn't matter what car they drive.
However, it's the other way around when it comes to guys....
I think that's where girlRACER is a bit confused with.
To be honest, *most* girls I've met and been with don't have real cars per se. They just drive their mom's car or whatever the family car is...
Girls who have their own car, and a cool one at that (..ahem, girlRACER).. is super rare. So rare, it's not really worth mentioning. They are out of all of our leagues! :rolleyes:

Anyways, if the girl is nice (personality, T&A, whatever) the guy will go for her. That's it. Any guy who disagrees is probably trying to sound all cool and playing the "I'm such a nice guy, why doesn't anyone like me" bit... Doesn't work.

Dr. Evil
09-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Would you ever like someone (in a relationship type of way) just for their car?

NO. The car matters, but its not everything.

Why does it matter at all? I can tell some things about a woman by what kind of car she chooses to drive.

2000impreza
09-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy
Hot chicks are hot chicks... doesn't matter what car they drive.
However, it's the other way around when it comes to guys....
I think that's where girlRACER is a bit confused with.
To be honest, *most* girls I've met and been with don't have real cars per se. They just drive their mom's car or whatever the family car is...
Girls who have their own car, and a cool one at that (..ahem, girlRACER).. is super rare. So rare, it's not really worth mentioning. They are out of all of our leagues! :rolleyes:

Anyways, if the girl is nice (personality, T&A, whatever) the guy will go for her. That's it. Any guy who disagrees is probably trying to sound all cool and playing the "I'm such a nice guy, why doesn't anyone like me" bit... Doesn't work.

i can't agree with you more..... most girls i know don't give a shit about what they drive. lol.

T5_X
09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Trying to steal Audikid's job???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl: