PDA

View Full Version : Any affiliate marketers, internet/niche marketers, life coach, etc. here?

hollowscar
09-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi!

A lot of members here seem to be university students mainly in the engineering department or finance, but I have never heard from any who are in the affiliate marketing or online sorts of entrepreneurship. If there are any, I would just love to know, how is it working out for you?

I think its a good way to go as the recession has really left a drastic change whereby one position can get hundreds of applications. I myself am pissed as I just gave an interview at a retirement home even though I have a diploma in Instrumentation which my parents wouldn't allow me to drop out of back in Sait due to its alleged job market.

I realize that the income adds up with time an effort, and passive income just keeps coming if some of your websites get lots of hits so its not a bad idea.

CMW403
09-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Maxwinedog?

dexlargo
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
If I understand what you are referring to, it sounds like Quixtar (Amway) and that ilk. These "Multi-level marketing" (pyramid) schemes are rarely profitable unless you're on the top of the pyramid.

I have friends who are into one of these (I forget what the name of their particular one is), but they work really hard to make not very much money, but they keep falling for the tease of large money that's almost in their reach.

Sometimes these schemes can work out, but you've got to have some advantage I think... I have a cousin who sells the Arbonne cosmetics stuff and she has really made quite a bit of money, but she introduced it into the small town and outlying area that she lives in, so she was able to run through that virgin field and set up her own customer base and sub-distributors. In a fairly saturated market like Calgary, I would think it would be very difficult to succeed in any of these schemes.

HyperZell
09-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Reading your posts paints an interesting life picture for you, OP. Did you leave that last job in Fort Mac because your supervisor didn't like you? Are you still in Fort Mac or what?

hollowscar
09-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Hi!

I am in Calgary now. I left that a while ago.

When I was referring to affiliate or online marketing, I was indicating more on selling other peoples product by setting up a website and writing some articles about the product or the general problems that the product will solve. As people click through your link and purchase the product, you get commission.

On the other hand, I agree the pyramid schemes, especially MLM schemes sell shady, half ass product as a front, but the main money comes from recruiting people and earning commission from them buying the product. Its good but you are riding someone else's back to get there. The problem is that at times you have to help the people you sold your product too so they could sell it and make you even more commission's.

I am in another forum where this guy from London, Ontario keeps spamming by sending affiliate links through message. It's okay I guess, but you end up losing a lot of dignity to get there faster and profit.

freshprince1
09-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Off Topic: I work for an Instrumentation and Control Systems Vendor and we are hiring in our Engineering dept. PM me if you would like to talk more and see if there might be a fit.

On Topic: A790 (good guy) might be able to help.

Good luck with the job hunt.

FraserB
09-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Any issues with working MWD?

You would need a drivers license though.

hollowscar
09-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks FreshPrince. I will send you a PM.

FraserB, I will have to take my license, but since Calgary hasn't snowed, all I have to do is a brushup and a test to get my license, all of which can be done in a single weekend.

A790
09-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by dexlargo
If I understand what you are referring to, it sounds like Quixtar (Amway) and that ilk. These "Multi-level marketing" (pyramid) schemes are rarely profitable unless you're on the top of the pyramid.

I have friends who are into one of these (I forget what the name of their particular one is), but they work really hard to make not very much money, but they keep falling for the tease of large money that's almost in their reach.

Sometimes these schemes can work out, but you've got to have some advantage I think... I have a cousin who sells the Arbonne cosmetics stuff and she has really made quite a bit of money, but she introduced it into the small town and outlying area that she lives in, so she was able to run through that virgin field and set up her own customer base and sub-distributors. In a fairly saturated market like Calgary, I would think it would be very difficult to succeed in any of these schemes.
lol that's not affiliate marketing is at all. Affiliate marketing is basically online commission sales. I refer you a sale, you give me $XYZ or XYZ%. See what I'm saying?

It's actually a massive industry, worth billions of dollars per year. Most of the advertising you see on websites is likely part of the affiliate marketing process in one way or another.