PDA

View Full Version : Driving roads and tracks?

supman
09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey guys,

I may be moving to Alberta next year from Vancouver and I'm a track addict. Do you guys have local tracks in Calgary? I know Racecity will be shut down and the nearest track would be in Edmonton. Is there anything else? Decent driving roads?

Thanks,

Matt

Tomaz
09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Tracks not so much. There are drag strips in Med Hat and Edmonton. I don't know of any road courses.

As for roads, it really depends on how far you want to go.

-HWY 40 through Kananaskis and Longview - I love that drive. It is long, scenic, and any time i have been on there, not full of traffic.

-Lake Minniwaka (sp) - Beautiful road just outside of Banff that does a large loop. Downside is that there is usually a lot of traffic and the speed limit is 30-50. :thumbsdow

-HWY 1A between Cochrane and Canmore - I just wish it had smoother pavement. This road adds about 15 - 20 mins to the trip to Canmore, but the colours and the twists make up for it.

-HWY 66 (continuing 22x west) - I haven't taken this route before, but I have been told that it is pretty good.

ercchry
09-28-2011, 08:57 AM
stratotech in fort sask, and castrol is building a road course... calgary might have something... one day :rofl:

supman
09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
thanks for the info!

Edmonton is a pretty far drive, are there members here in Calgary that frequent those tracks? I'd definitely like to roll down with them when they go.

syritis
09-28-2011, 02:28 PM
yes. the calgary sports car club has mentioned they will probably hold the entire season of time attack in fort sask. i'm thinking it'll be 4-5 race weekends. and always worth the drive.