PDA

View Full Version : Where did u learn, what did u think?

J.D.
09-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Just for fun figured to strt a thread on ur bike training and or history

I learned at toocool and it was awesome with wocked instructors...

Know some girls who learned at calgary safety council as they have girls only courses and wouldnt be getting whistled at while trying to learn it and they said it was good as well also its non profit supposedly

outta the two im for toocool all the way though

Loved bikes since road rash and old school lime green ninjas

e31
09-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Just for fun, I figured that it would be fun to reply to a thread using proper spelling and sentence structure; Not to mention using a thread title that may convey the context of the discussion.

To answer your question: I learned to ride in ditches and fields. I thought that riding a dirt bike was way cooler than learning to text like a pro.

btw: Road Rash is a great game, but seriously you should get rid of IE6. Among other reasons to update, there are wonderful browsers that now have an integrated spell-check.

roll_over
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I was two in germany picking on the colored kids because they had hair like carpet is when i first learned to ride a bike

jdmXSI
09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by e31
Just for fun, I figured that it would be fun to reply to a thread using proper spelling and sentence structure; Not to mention using a thread title that may convey the context of the discussion.

I thought it was more than adequate considering it was posted in the "bike talk" section after all.

I took my riding class at Calgary safety council and my only complaint was the lack of instruction of the actual controls of the bike. For example, none of the bikes used for training have any controls that are operational (signals, horns, tach, speedo) because they are on private property. Because of this, I did not know that you have to manually cancel the signals which resulted in 30pts off my liscence exam and ended with a failure. Other than that, the instructors were awesome and they are there to really help you. On a side note, thank god they don't pass everyone that comes through the course as we would have more fatalities on the road.

Toilet_D
09-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by e31
Just for fun, I figured that it would be fun to reply to a thread using proper spelling and sentence structure;

just for fun, let's imagine you as a 120 lb man with whooping cough who can barely hold himself up-right due to the mass of his greasy moppy hair, and ferociously masturbates to criticizing people's grammar.

93VR6
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Toilet_D

just for fun, let's imagine you as a 120 lb man with whooping cough who can barely hold himself up-right due to the mass of his greasy moppy hair, and ferociously masturbates to criticizing people's grammar.

:rofl:

I learnt to ride on Calgary roads, didn't take a course anywhere, seems to have worked out alright, not dead yet, but I swear some people are trying to kill all bikers.

Go4Long
09-28-2011, 11:56 PM
You'd be surprised at the things that a course would teach you to help reduce the number of people that seem to be trying to kill you.

I learned at A-Driving school right about when they became FSI. Good instructors, I rode my R6 there on the second day of the course, very illegally, and the instructor rode with me when I went home at the end of the day...good times..

TomcoPDR
09-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Took the course from the school that rents the parking lot at SAIT during the summer, many many years ago... (believe it was Foothills Driving) Not too sure though.

J.D.
09-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by e31

To answer your question: I learned to ride in ditches and fields. I thought that riding a dirt bike was way cooler than learning to text like a pro.

btw: Road Rash is a great game, but seriously you should get rid of IE6. Among other reasons to update, there are wonderful browsers that now have an integrated spell-check.

btw is not proper sentence structure!

And if I didnt have this stupid יייייי than maybe it would be worth the time typing it probably but time is money and money means more toys so screw it.

J.D.
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Toilet_D

Awesome also good insight on the safety council thxz jdmXSI