PDA

View Full Version : What kind of jobs are available for an MSc?

i.RSX
09-29-2011, 01:25 PM
So as the title implies, what are some good jobs (if any) for someone with a Master of Science (MSc) degree? Lab technician is an "alright" job but it doesn't pay much, but I can't seem to find any other kinds of jobs. Suggestions? Ideas? lol

*EDIT* Majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Related: blood vessels, genetics, toxicity (Thanks Mibz for reminding me about the major).

Mibz
09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
This is a ridiculous question. MSc in what?

I suggest you figure out what you want to major in before you get the bright idea that you're getting a Master's in anything.

i.RSX
09-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Sorry, my bads. Biochemistry/Molecular Bio. I know there's not much you can do with this degree lol.

I suggest you figure out what you want to major in before you get the bright idea that you're getting a Master's in anything.

Hey dude, chill the fuck out. I forgot to say the area of study, give me a break. Sheesh.

Marsh
09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
There is a bigger demand for Pharmaceutical/Bio research out east in Toronto, where there is more demand for that sort of field. I dont think there is too much out here that could utilize your degree fully, but im not 100% sure

vadeit
09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
PM me if you would like and I can give you contact info so we can have a conversation. Too much stuff to type out on a forum thread.

As a science grad (B.Sc Chem), who is married to a science grad (B.Sc CMMB and Zoo), I like to try and help out other science grads coming out of school confused what to do.

There is actually a lot of options out there, but you have to decide if you want to stay in your grad area of expertise or just want a job where you science experience is useful. If it matters, we are both in O&G.

lint
09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
are you currently in the MSc program or are you thinking about it?

i.RSX
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by lint
are you currently in the MSc program or are you thinking about it?

I'm actually done. I'll be in the same lab until the end of December to finish up some projects, get a few papers out. I'm currently applying to med school so that I can move on further but I'm thinking I should get a decent job while I'm applying. Who knows if/when I'll get in (got a few interviews last year but no acceptances).

*EDIT* ^^PM'ed