PDA

View Full Version : Canmore bike trails

yeller
09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
So me and a couple friends are thinking of checking out canmore tomorrow for some riding. Looking at the nordic center trail map, it looks like getting lost on a black diamond trail is a good possibility. Can anyone recommend a fun moderate trail with some single track? My goal is to find a nice loop that doesnt kill us going up. thanks!

GreyFox
09-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Depending on how long you want to go for, you can always try the trail from the Nordic Center to Banff. It's a moderate trail the entire way and while it does have a few ups and downs there are no crazy hills that you have to climb up or barrel down.

Most of the trails right around the nordic center can be pretty fun too. I found everything is pretty well marked, much like a ski hill so it's fairly obvious as to which trail you're headed on.

Just pick up a map from the center. I think it's $1 but it's got a pretty detailed outline of where all the different tracks go.

swak
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Definitely go to the Nordic Center. The best time you'll have on a bike by far :thumbsup:

If you pick up the map from the office at the Nordic Center, VS. in town at Canmore its FREE!
My favorite trail is EKG, its a medium skill level trail with lots of varying terrain. (Mostly all single track).
The nice thing about the Nordic Center though is all the trails pretty much inter wind, so if you want to end the loop on an easier/harder note you can do so easily.

Also, you have to do Soft Yogurt (kind of like a DH course on a XC mountain bike.

And in the end... Dont be afraid to climb hard, it all pays off on the way down.:clap:
Have Fun out there.

Gorilla
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by swak
Definitely go to the Nordic Center. The best time you'll have on a bike by far :thumbsup:

If you pick up the map from the office at the Nordic Center, VS. in town at Canmore its FREE!
My favorite trail is EKG, its a medium skill level trail with lots of varying terrain. (Mostly all single track).
The nice thing about the Nordic Center though is all the trails pretty much inter wind, so if you want to end the loop on an easier/harder note you can do so easily.

Also, you have to do Soft Yogurt (kind of like a DH course on a XC mountain bike.

And in the end... Dont be afraid to climb hard, it all pays off on the way down.:clap:
Have Fun out there.

Nordic centre for sure, we just did Nordic centre to banff