PDA

View Full Version : louis vuittion purse a good gift

rollinv4l
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
with christmas around the corner i am thinking about buying my girlfriend a louis vuittion hand bag, would you say that this is a good gift or just a waste. She has allways wanted one but wont break down and buy one. I am looking at the speedy 35 or speedy 30.

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Super_Geo
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
lol.
that is all.

rollinv4l
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
i know that she will like it but is it a waste of money that is kinda what i am trying to get at.

FraserB
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Should be some good deals to be had on LV out in Vancouver still:D

2007RS4
10-02-2011, 04:40 PM
The LV proposition is a good one. If the is a keeper, she will be happy with whatever you give her, if she is pissed she doesn't get the bag, dump the bitch.

Scat E46
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Asian.

max_boost
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
You can't spell love with out lv haha

How long you been dating?

rollinv4l
10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
we have been dateing for 6 years

Thaco
10-02-2011, 04:50 PM
i would give her the cash and a photo of a bag, women are picky when it comes to those things, you get the wrong one and you just wasted a lot of cash.

Canmorite
10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
i would give her the cash and a photo of a bag, women are picky when it comes to those things, you get the wrong one and you just wasted a lot of cash.

Ya, I'd say let her pick it out. Gift card to the Louis store with a brochure? Or keep the receipt if you want to surprise her.

bourge73
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Question. Is she Asian? If so, would she be predictably carrying it near her tits while carrying a starbux coffee? If so, no, terrible gift.

Stephen81
10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Ya, I'd say let her pick it out. Gift card to the Louis store with a brochure? Or keep the receipt if you want to surprise her.

AHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Xtrema
10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
You probably know her better than I do but some women will actually be not happy with expensive gifts like that. Especially she see a future with you. She rather see that go to house or kids. Unless you are real baller and LV is chum change.

eblend
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
You probably know her better than I do but some women will actually be not happy with expensive gifts like that. Especially she see a future with you. She rather see that go to house or kids. Unless you are real baller and LV is chum change.

Think you are forgetting that this is beyond, we are all ballers...no?

Beyond....the highest percentage of e-ballers of any forum in the world

Sugarphreak
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM

benyl
10-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Haha, I was going to ask why he is being so cheap. If you've been dating her for 6 years, than she probably likes you enough to keep you around. Get her something nice and unique. Not something that every Asian girl has. Plus it is so popular that most people can't tell the difference between the real ones and the knock offs.

Myrrinda
10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Unless she has specifically told you which bag she likes, I wouldn't recommend buying one for her. It is unlikely that you will pick the one she wants. There is a lot that goes into buying a purse (which I know sounds ridiculous), but strap style, pockets, zipper vs snap, size, colour, etc etc. All these things matter. Also, is she someone who follows trends or switches her purses often? Because, stupidly, Louis Vuitton bags are actually seasonal. After 3 months they become outdated, so if she's fashion conscious, keep this in mind. You don't want to spend a couple grand on a purse that she will only use 10 times.
You'd be better off to buy her some nice jewelry, or maybe a small country, for the same amount.

Impreza
10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
If she likes it and it makes her happy, and you love her and can afford it, then why not? Just buy it. What's the big deal lol

Laoz
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
what 2007RS4 said

LongCity
10-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Myrrinda
Unless she has specifically told you which bag she likes, I wouldn't recommend buying one for her. It is unlikely that you will pick the one she wants. There is a lot that goes into buying a purse (which I know sounds ridiculous), but strap style, pockets, zipper vs snap, size, colour, etc etc. All these things matter. Also, is she someone who follows trends or switches her purses often? Because, stupidly, Louis Vuitton bags are actually seasonal. After 3 months they become outdated, so if she's fashion conscious, keep this in mind. You don't want to spend a couple grand on a purse that she will only use 10 times.
You'd be better off to buy her some nice jewelry, or maybe a small country, for the same amount.

Really? 3 months? I see the same stuff on their site all the time. I know their collabos don't stick around for a long time but there are lots and lots of stuff that's always the same.

prodigydud
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
You do realize that you're setting the bar pretty high for next year, right?

chkolny541
10-03-2011, 02:02 PM
^^lol, agreed.

max_boost
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Myrrinda

Buy the classic. Everyone women should have a few nice hand bags.

rollinv4l: 6 years? Should be buying her a ring lol jk

I'm just going to assume everyone Beyond has money so $1000-2000 on a gf of 6 years is nothing.

Zephyr
10-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by prodigydud
You do realize that you're setting the bar pretty high for next year, right?

This. Get her a LV bag, no not a leather bag, I'm talking about the shopping bag you get when you buy one. That way future years the standard won't be too high.

jarome
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
You are a brave one for posting this on an online forum. Personally, 6 years bro, buy it if that's what she wants.

Canmorite
10-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

AHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

Hey, fuck you :poosie:

DGill
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Scat E46
Asian.
Definitley