PDA

View Full Version : How to start a small business in Saskatchewan

schurchill39
10-02-2011, 11:23 PM
This may be a long shot because its a Calgary based forum (I'm from there), but I know there are lots of former Saskatchewaniers (Saskatchewanians?) on the boards.

I am in my last year of engineering at the University of Saskatchewan and because of my summer job frac'n student loans didn't want to help me out very much. I'm thinking of starting my own small business doing contract truck driving. I've had my 1A for over 4 years now and have worked in the patch since I was 16 (every summer as well since I've been here at school).

The reason I am thinking of doing this was because I was out helping haul grain for a farmer at the beginning of harvest and he was really pushing the idea. He said there are lots of farmers etc in these parts that have the equipment but are unable to make a trip or need an extra driver for the odd jobs.

I'm not looking for any full time work so I thought it would be nice to start my own business where I'd only work a few jobs a month to help offset the cost of rent and books. The problem is that I have no idea where I would start in Saskatchewan (I'm from Alberta). I've done a few searches but ended up even more confused about the process to go and register myself as a small business than before I started searching.

If you guy's had any helpful websites or even let me know where in Saskatoon I would go to get more information about this that would be great.

Sorry for the long post but thanks in advance for your help!

Nufy
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Put the Riders logo on anything...
Profit.....

Other than that...Good Luck.

schurchill39
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Done and done.

roopi
10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.enterprisesaskatchewan.ca/startingabusiness

Take a look at the link and decide the type of business you are starting. Corp, sole prop, etc. Once you've decided that it's rather simple to find the in for online to set this up.