10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
douche bag parking still

KRyn
10-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Like a boss-douche!

colinxx235
10-04-2011, 07:39 AM
meh...

with the amount of respect people give to others property, I would most likely park the same way.

m10-power
10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
End of the row big deal, I do the same as enough people is this city are asshats.

Cos
10-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
meh...

with the amount of respect people give to others property, I would most likely park the same way.

:werd:

VWEvo
10-04-2011, 07:54 AM
That car deserves to park like that when your getting a burger from 5 guys. However the driver is taking a big chance on someone possibly keying his car for parking like that.

sexualbanana
10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo
That car deserves to park like that when your getting a burger from 5 guys. However the driver is taking a big chance on someone possibly keying his car for parking like that.

It's a double-edged sword.
Would you blame the owner for parking like that? No.
Would you blame someone for keying it for parking like that? No.

The possibility for douchi-ness works both ways, I guess.

sexualbanana
10-04-2011, 07:58 AM
And how do we know he's going to Five Guys?? Maybe he's going to Jenny Craig in the same building? :D

lilmira
10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
If that's at the end of a row, it's just asking for soccer moms to rub their minivans on the front corner.

Trying to avoid door ding is like trying to avoid stds while having sex with strangers in Banff.

colinxx235
10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

It's a double-edged sword.
Would you blame the owner for parking like that? No.

The possibility for douchi-ness works both ways, I guess.

I'm sorry, but I have never ever understood the logic behind this.

Someone parks like a bit of a dick, and that should justify keying a vehicle?

I find the people who say this, usually drive pieces of shit (not sure if true in your case)

That vehicle is worth more than a large % of peoples houses. I don't know what a repaint job would be on door dings, but I can imagine pretty steep.

Our new black benz ding count is up to 8 already. It is only 4 fucking months old. It is always parked considerately and inbetween the lines. Yet every two weeks roughly, I come out to a big ass white ding in the black paint. People are just pathetic. 95% of the time, its usually a piece of crap.

But by some peoples logic with keying a vehicle for parking like a dick, I wonder what their response is to a vehicle that dings them?

codetrap
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM

I find the people who say this, usually drive pieces of shit (not sure if true in your case)

That vehicle is worth more than a large % of peoples houses. I don't know what a repaint job would be on door dings, but I can imagine pretty steep.

Our new black benz ding count is up to 8 already. It is only 4 fucking months old. It is always parked considerately and inbetween the lines. Yet every two weeks roughly, I come out to a big ass white ding in the black paint. People are just pathetic. 95% of the time, its usually a piece of crap.

But by some peoples logic with keying a vehicle for parking like a dick, I wonder what their response is to a vehicle that dings them?

I don't think it's necessarily that they drive a piece of shit, more that it's they are a piece of shit. Anyone that would vandalize (aka key) someone else's car over a parking job is simply a piece of shit.

dirtsniffer
10-04-2011, 08:19 AM

I'd pull a mu fucking citizens arrest if I saw some jerkoff key a car

DGill
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
Trying to avoid door ding is like trying to avoid stds while having sex with strangers in Banff.
Haha. But man that car looks amazing. :drool:

Mibz
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Any time I'm driving a nice car it's not mine.
Any time I try to park a car I'm driving for the first week, I fuck it up.

Now since I often look like a goof and don't mind continuing to look like a goof, I just keep correcting until I get it right, but I totally understand that when everybody is staring at you in your ballin' ass vehicle, you don't want to seem like an inept tool and it feels better to just pretend you did it on purpose and walk away.

I don't agree with it, but I get it.

Then, because rich people, or people who drive rich people's cars, are doing it, other people follow suit.

Hence the d-bag park.

codetrap
10-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Any time I'm driving a nice car it's not mine.
Any time I try to park a car I'm driving for the first week, I fuck it up.

Now since I often look like a goof and don't mind continuing to look like a goof, I just keep correcting until I get it right, but I totally understand that when everybody is staring at you in your ballin' ass vehicle, you don't want to seem like an inept tool and it feels better to just pretend you did it on purpose and walk away.

I don't agree with it, but I get it.

Then, because rich people, or people who drive rich people's cars, are doing it, other people follow suit.

Hence the d-bag park.

A little early for heavy drinking isn't it? ;)

Mibz
10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
A little early for heavy drinking isn't it? ;) I do my best thinking during my morning poop.

alien
10-04-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't think parking like that deserves a keying but definitely forever shamed on the internet.

proceed.

p.s. That red truck looks like it's rear is taking up space in the spot behind it too. what a c0ck.

Kloubek
10-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Man that car is really slick. I always loved the super aggressive styling of the SLR.

Look - I don't care what kind of car you drive - if you are going to park with the "regular folk", park like the regular folk. If you want to park your car on the outskirts of the parking lot and take up a couple spots, that's just fine. But you're going to be making the effort to walk a little further to ensure your car remains in pristine condition.

And if someone keys a car for this, that's taking it a little too far to send your "message", imo. He might be a douche, but he isn't doing anything more than inconveniencing someone else who could have used that spot beside him.

Should someone decide to key it anyway, they deserve a total beatdown if the owner catches them. But then, I suppose that is the inherent risk of keying someone's car in the first place.

Supa Dexta
10-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I drive a 4 door long box truck.. I think its somewhere around 23ft long.. Therefore I have to park at the back of the lot, I NEED 2 spots, and even if there were 2 up close for a pull thru I couldn't make the turn to get in to it...

But I also have yet to get a door ding.. If I drove any other vehicle I wanted to look after I'd walk the extra 50-100ft for it too.

Are people against walking? Want to show it off at the front of the lot? Think they have scored by getting a close spot? I don't get it..

SJW
10-04-2011, 09:14 AM
I have a chevy avalanche and I don't care about door dings. It's a truck. My motorcycle on the other hand I park at the end of a lot and walk just like Supa.

ArjayAquino
10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
If I had a car like that I'd only park beside Ford Focuses haha

Dr7S_fp0xVc

sexualbanana
10-04-2011, 09:27 AM

When my car got stolen from campus a few years ago, my reaction was pretty that I did all this stuff to make my car nice and it attracted attention. Too bad it also caught the attention of some thieves. But that came with the territory of modifying my car.

I think it applies here where, if he's going to park like that, there's a chance he might piss someone off enough that they might do something to the car. Not that it happens all the time, but it only needs to happen once for their to be some pricey damage.

2007RS4
10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Great car. Risky parking like that in such a busy lot - Too many jealous wankers in this city (especially down that way).

HiSpec
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino

Dr7S_fp0xVc

I have no audio at work, but is that foam? because if that is hard plastic, it'll still ding the car door.

Tik-Tok
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec

I have no audio at work, but is that foam? because if that is hard plastic, it'll still ding the car door.

It's rubber, and all you're missing for audio is the sound of a door opening and closing 20 times, lol.

-relk-
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Beautiful freaking car :love:

In regards to the douche parking, when I see someone parked like that, where there is room to squeeze in, I will try my best to squeeze in right beside them. If you think your so special because you have a nice car go park in the "special" spot, a couple hundred meters away where there are no cars so you dont have to worry about door dings.

If you are a douche, I will return the favor (not by damaging your property though, that is too far). Plus I am past the point of really caring about door dings, as I seem to get them even when parking in the most considerate way possible.

I do not try to box them in, that would be too far as well.

m10-power
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Lots of asshats showing up in this thread...

Keying? Really, that is somehow ok to some of you. And for the above going out of your way to 'squeeze' in? To what the road he parked next to? Notice no spot on the passenger side? He left extra room to prevent someone from parking and door dinging the car. Oh the crime of it, I see the typical hater mentality of the average person in some of these posts. Look a nice car im going to be a prick, sad.

roll_over
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
why not look for parking by other nice cars even if you find a prime spot up front? Some people will go key cars in the back out of sheer jealousy its sad but... a fact

Tik-Tok
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
[B To what the road he parked next to? Notice no spot on the passenger side? [/B]

Actually, from that photo, it looks like there's at least one more stall. The photo was taken to close to see any yellow lines, but you'll note the oil stain on the pavement, hinting it is a spot.

I agree with the rest of what you said. Anyone who thinks vandalizing someones property over a parking job needs to give their head a shake.

SJW
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
It was a spot. I don't fault the guy for parking like an asshole. If you can afford a car like this you don't much care for what happens. It'll simply get fixed and traded for a new car. I personally don't care if someone parks crooked.

What bothers me is the fat useless assholes and their wives who park in front of the grocery store because they're too lazy to walk an extra 30 seconds.

-relk-
10-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Lots of asshats showing up in this thread...

Keying? Really, that is somehow ok to some of you. And for the above going out of your way to 'squeeze' in? To what the road he parked next to? Notice no spot on the passenger side? He left extra room to prevent someone from parking and door dinging the car. Oh the crime of it, I see the typical hater mentality of the average person in some of these posts. Look a nice car im going to be a prick, sad.

Ya it is OK to me. If I am in my lines in the parking stall, and I did not damage his/her vehicle at all, or prevent him/her from getting in their vehicle and driving away, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Does not matter if they are driving a $200,000+ car or a POS beater. Worst case is they have to drive out to let their passenger in, big whoop. Take those 10 seconds to adjust your parking job next time.

Genjuro
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
If you feel the need to park like an douche in order protect your vehicle from asshole that cant get out of their car properly without smashing other cars mainly cause they're fat, old or other, then park further away.

Dont park like a douche closer to the entrances or you deserve to get dinged/smashed/scratched.

It's simple logic.

Cos
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Did anyone consider that maybe that part where he parked he IS far away. That whole area is a cluster of parking. Unless you are all expecting him to park at Ikea or Walmart or Costco and walk. I can count him being at least 1 row, 1 road, and 10 more stall away from the building. It isnt like he parked right in front halfway into the handicapped stall.

Jesus you guys. None of you EVER better park like a dick :rolleyes:

sexualbanana
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Did anyone consider that maybe that part where he parked he IS far away. That whole area is a cluster of parking. Unless you are all expecting him to park at Ikea or Walmart or Costco and walk. I can count him being at least 1 row, 1 road, and 10 more stall away from the building. It isnt like he parked right in front halfway into the handicapped stall.

Jesus you guys. None of you EVER better park like a dick :rolleyes:

I may be coming off as an advocate for vandalizing the McLaren for parking like an asshat. For the record I'm not. I'm just simply stating parking like that is inconsiderate and is, at some point, going to piss someone off enough to do something.

The car is fantastic and I am a huge fan of it. But it doesn't exempt him from common courtesy.

And if that lot is that busy, that makes parking like a jerk even worse. Does it not?

Cos
10-04-2011, 04:20 PM

The car is fantastic and I am a huge fan of it. But it doesn't exempt him from common courtesy.

And if that lot is that busy, that makes parking like a jerk even worse. Does it not?

Agreed but he could have parked in much worse positions than he did. I went out to lunch with a colleague last week and we took his ZR1 out. He parked right in front of the door to the restaurant 100% sideways.

This guy doesnt seem to be being that bad. Plus does anyone have any idea how good of visibility an SLR has? I have no idea but I doubt it is good for dinky little lines.

Cos
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Also how is his perceived poor parking job impacting everyones lives RIGHT NOW? How many of you were negatively affected by this? Were you not able to find another SINGLE parking spot anywhere else?

Cant people let other people be?

89s1
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Write "you park like a retard/asshole/douche" in sharpie on their drivers side window. Not so subtle and no keys required.

Or keep a valve stem tool in your pocket. :devil:

Shlade
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Just park further away from cars.

Come back to a rusty corolla parked right beside u.

CMW403
10-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Seriously? That's fucking sad. You must park in retarded places. I've only ever had ONE ding on any car I've ever owned in 5 years of driving...

m10-power
10-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
Write "you park like a retard/asshole/douche" in sharpie on their drivers side window. Not so subtle and no keys required.

Or keep a valve stem tool in your pocket. :devil:

Do you get punched out alot?

89s1
10-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Do you get punched out alot?

Nope, never happened. Why would I ever get punched out? :dunno:

m10-power
10-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Nope, never happened. Why would I ever get punched out? :dunno:

I suppose while your dreaming of writing on someones car or pulling their valve stem you couldn get punched out. Do it in real life and likely you will.

slinkie
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

And a note that says nice car :D

89s1
10-04-2011, 06:37 PM

I suppose while your dreaming of writing on someones car or pulling their valve stem you couldn get punched out. Do it in real life and likely you will.

I was offering alternatives to permanently ruining someones paint (with a key)

Kindly go fuck yourself with a rolled up newspaper. Maybe you'll learn to read while you're working it. :english:

95teetee
10-04-2011, 07:55 PM
don't really care for the car (figured I'd throw that in since everyone else is commenting on it lol) but that just looks like careless parking to me. Parking like that on purpose is just begging for a door ding (if it is indeed a parking spot there). You're into the next spot where the driver basically has to hit you to get out:dunno:

FLARE
10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
hurtin rims

Commanderwiggin
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

It's amazing how far a person will park away from a shopping center like Costco and come out and have a bunch of cars decide they need to park all around you...I swear it must be some unconcious thought or something. So I'll park at literally the farthest part in the whole lot away from the front entrance...come out and have a bunch of vehicles around me...all daily drivers.

Now if I'm driving my daily driver and I do the same thing...we come out and it's still all alone by itself. People are just attracted to nice shiny cars in general...and the retards who don't know how to open doors well...they shouldn't even be coming close to them. But then again that's what makes them retarded in the first place.

Even my kids noticed it without me telling them...hey look whenever you park the BMW far away there's always other cars around it and not the toyota...why is that. I say...because people like shiny's. The only logical thing I can think of. Lets park beside the nice car so our car doesn't get vandalized could be a thought too. I dunno. Either way its BS...if a nice car parks far away...park far away from it too...especially when there's over 1000 other parking spots lol.

rojhero
10-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Maybe it's because he/she has gullwing doors and he couldn't open his door otherwise? :dunno: It doesn't look like there's any other spots around and with a truck next to him/her, it would be pretty tough to open the door. If that's the case, I'd say he/she is already being courteous by trying to stay within the spot.

Check out this link (http://kenvsryu.blogspot.com/2007/11/i-love-paris-hilton.html). Even Paris Hilton can barely fit. Imagine some old fat dude...

nismodrifter
10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Wheels cost like 10g's, he can park however he wants, and its at the end of the row, wutever brahs

m10-power
10-05-2011, 12:35 AM

I was offering alternatives to permanently ruining someones paint (with a key)

Kindly go fuck yourself with a rolled up newspaper. Maybe you'll learn to read while you're working it. :english:

Lol, maybe you will figure out one day that fucking with other peoples property will result in them fucking you up.

Solution is to mind your own shit, dont worry about what others do, not effecting you directly so why think of alternatives to keying the car??(what kind of fuck tard keys other peoples cars)

CompletelyNumb
10-05-2011, 01:21 AM
There's always the chance that the guy doing the fucking up is bigger than the owner of the car :drama:

I would never damage another mans car, I don't agree with it. But in the hypothetical situation of it happening, I wouldn't be the least bit worried about getting "punched out".

Stabbed, maybe :nut:

89s1
10-05-2011, 06:11 AM

Lol, maybe you will figure out one day that fucking with other peoples property will result in them fucking you up.

Solution is to mind your own shit, dont worry about what others do, not effecting you directly so why think of alternatives to keying the car??(what kind of fuck tard keys other peoples cars)

Here, let me spell it out for you since you're too fucking stupid to put it all together on your own.

I NEVER SAID I KEY PEOPLES CARS OR TOUCH THEM IN ANY WAY!

Way to jump to conclusions and make hasty decisions, something tells me YOU get punched out a lot (and deservedly so). Fucking tool.

As for why I would offer an alternative to fucking someones paint up forever? I detailed for 9 years, I have a special place in my heart for the finish of someones vehicle.

As previously suggested, why don't you go fuck yourself and let the adults talk, you're too quick to judge to be here in the big boy conversation.

kthxbai

you&me
10-05-2011, 06:54 AM

Here, let me spell it out for you since you're too fucking stupid to put it all together on your own.

I NEVER SAID I KEY PEOPLES CARS OR TOUCH THEM IN ANY WAY!

Way to jump to conclusions and make hasty decisions, something tells me YOU get punched out a lot (and deservedly so). Fucking tool.

As for why I would offer an alternative to fucking someones paint up forever? I detailed for 9 years, I have a special place in my heart for the finish of someones vehicle.

As previously suggested, why don't you go fuck yourself and let the adults talk, you're too quick to judge to be here in the big boy conversation.

kthxbai

I think M10s point was why even offer alternatives to keying? Just leave other people's shit alone.

You can clearly tell who drive what in this thread. Those that drive nice cars know the frustration of doing what's thought necessary to conscientiously protect their property, only to have some clueless / jealous / indifferent fuck mess with it anyways.

It's nearly impossible to park a nice car in this city.

Park far away - someone still parks next to you.

Park on an end spot - someone will inevitably still crowd your space.

Park in two spots - worry about the retard that will go out of his way to squeeze in, or worse yet, damage your property otherwise.

If people in general weren't so clueless or jealous, those with nice cars wouldn't have to worry. There's just too many retards out there... (See the "seeing someone door ding your car" thread)

Street parking FTW

TunerF1
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by FLARE
hurtin rims

If you look at the weight of the factory SLR wheel and then compare the weight and rotational mass of those "hurtin" DYMAG Carbon Fiber wheels, you will see the benefit of "function over fashion". I personally think they look awesome but the function of them is night and day difference to the stock wheels.

THe SLR is a big car and parking it in a standard stall is hard enough so I approve of the park job :D

gruster
10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Sometimes i parked right next to the nice cars far out in the parking lot because i know that they care about them and won't ding my car.

M.alex
10-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ArjayAquino

Dr7S_fp0xVc

1 - that will probably marr the door, if not ding it on a hard enough impact

2 - seriously? we need "tools" on doors now so people can justify just throwing open the door and not caring if somebody is next to them :facepalm:

mucat
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
A car this nice deserves 4 parking slots...as long as park far away enough.

2007RS4
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mucat
A car this nice deserves 4 parking slots...as long as park far away enough.

Some lowlife will still feel the need to spit, key, or take photos of it.

btimbit
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 2007RS4

Some lowlife will still feel the need to spit, key, or take photos of it.

Yup. And even if it is far away, there will be someone next to it when he comes back out. Every goddamn time.

Lubu
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think the owner of the SLR was being a douche bag with the way he or she (if it's a she, my car wants to marry your car and make BMW Mercedes cute offsprings :D) parked. On closer observation, look at the mirror on the truck beside it, it really has one of those bigger protruding side mirrors. I have seen those in person, trust me, they are big and it sticks out quite a bit.

2 things to consider here,

1. Assuming the SLR had a gullwing doors, when it opens up, it does so in an angle in mid open, it is very possible to clip that side mirror of that truck.

2. If and when the owner of the truck opens that passenger door, there is a very good chance that the truck's protruding mirror will bang into the upper roof area of the SLR.

I have a friend who owns an SLR so I know it's a constant struggle for him to get out of his SLR with his gullwing doors if he parks within the allowable yellow lines in parting lots, partly because of the gullwing doors itself. Especially some of those parking lots have much reduced spaces within the 2 yellow lines, the real douches are the parking lot designers who make spots between the 2 lines smaller than normal. We have all been in lots like those :barf:

ps. I do agree with several posters above though, no matter how far I park my car away from anyone else, sometimes there are 5 free parking spots on each side of my car, but when I come out of the parking lot, I see cars parked all around me and beside me :cry: Oh why :cry:

852VR6
10-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure its the same car, it's now for sale! Weren't these things close to $400k new considering it's the roadster? Talk about depreciation....

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Mercedes-Benz/SLR-Class/DE%20WINTON/Alberta/19_4587435_/

schocker
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 852VR6
Pretty sure its the same car, it's now for sale! Weren't these things close to $400k new considering it's the roadster? Talk about depreciation....

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Mercedes-Benz/SLR-Class/DE%20WINTON/Alberta/19_4587435_/
Well here was the pricing on an '08 US model

Original Retail Price (MSRP) $495,000
Original Invoice Price $460,350

So that seems fishy.

importracer1
10-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure they were well over $500k new. The 722 was $750,000.

Where I work, we sold a '05 SLR for $205k. So that price seems fairly average.

xnvy
10-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Meh, I don't see anything too bad about the park job, have to protect your stuff right?