PDA

View Full Version : Telus internet - can this be done?

creeper
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Living in a house with a roommate. They have Telus internet hooked up that they are paying for under their name. They are moving out, and I'd like to "port" over the router/modem/connection, and start paying the bill on my Telus account. The roommate has internet already at the new place so they don't need the physical modem/router/physical items.

Possible? If not, why?

eblend
10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Call telus and ask? Unlike Shaw you should be talking with someone within a few minutes

creeper
10-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Actually did talk to a Telus rep over the phone, but they couldn't quite wrap their head around this problem. Not in a rush to have it done, so I'm hoping to hear from someone on Beyond who has done/attempted this before.

Nufy
10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Can't you tell them you bought the modem from your roommate and want it transferred to your account ?

creeper
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
The rep I talked to (keeping in mind this was just one person, and didn't seem accurate whatsoever) said that a technician would have to come out and remove the existing items, and then install the new stuff for the new account holder.

But wouldn't that be like if Atco physically came out to your house and installed new gas lines every time someone new moved into the house? It doesn't seem right, and I didn't feel like wasting more time on the phone (so instead I decided to come and waste some time on Beyond).

CompletelyNumb
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
The modems are free anyways, if they want to bring over new stuff I'd say let them.