PDA

View Full Version : Another Command Start Thread: Good Installers?

Abeo
10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm wondering who does good installations of autostarters/command start in Calgary?

I have an '08 Ford truck with a manual transmission and chip key, and I don't want futureshop (or similar) to hack at my wiring harness, or have to give up a key for the autostarter to work (ie, I want to use a chip key emulator). The truck is fairly new, so I am a bit picky about having just anyone install it. Who is regarded as "good" when it comes to these installations?

I know these threads keep coming up, but when searching either the thread is too old or it doesn't answer my question.

silvercivicsir
10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
What's wrong with Futureshop? All install shops are the same, some have good installers and some have Poor installers. I wouldn't Brand all Futureshop's as bad.

projekz
10-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Joe @ Autotech

max_boost
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by projekz
Joe @ Autotech

Absolutely hands down one of the best in the business. :thumbsup:

Abeo
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
What's wrong with Futureshop? All install shops are the same, some have good installers and some have Poor installers. I wouldn't Brand all Futureshop's as bad.

The bad installers brand futureshop as bad. I've seen too many hack jobs and ruined harnesses to consider taking my vehicle there. If you said "see Bob at XYZ location", then I might consider him, but I don't trust any big box installers on their own.

Joe @ Autotech

Thanks, will look into him :thumbsup: