PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series



rage2
10-05-2011, 01:13 PM
:hitit:

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/01.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/02.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/03.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/04.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/05.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/06.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/07.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/08.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/09.jpg

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/sl65bs/10.jpg

CMW403
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
That is my all time favorite car ever.

Buy it Rage.

schocker
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
It has been renntech'd too, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
:drool: :eek:

Nakadah
10-05-2011, 01:19 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Phenix
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM
nice machine. are the seats as bad as some reviews say? ive read that the seats are rock solid

rage2
10-05-2011, 01:25 PM
The seats are standard SL65 seats. You only get the CF bucket seats in Europe.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice

pf0sh0
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
what a beaut. look at the flare :drool:

KRyn
10-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Very nice!
How much does said car retail for here in Canada?

adidas
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
WOW :love:

Canmorite
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
So hot! Amazing looking car...

rage2
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
MSRP in the US was $300k. Canada was $450k. Not sure how much they're trading for these days. Too rich for my blood!

max_boost
10-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Amazing car!

Those Benz look so good in White.

JAYMEZ
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
:eek:


Wow thats beautiful

JfuckinC
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Man that thing just looks mean.. What a great car.

rage2
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Pictures don't do it justice. It looks 1000x more agressive and ridiculous in person.

Sorath
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2
MSRP in the US was $300k. Canada was $450k. Not sure how much they're trading for these days. Too rich for my blood!

too rich for your blood?

WUUUUUUT


do it up baller

ExtraSlow
10-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

too rich for your blood?

+1, I thought you just posted a spotted thread for your own car. My image of Rage2 has been shattered.

Cos
10-05-2011, 02:04 PM
:hitit: Sooo pretty

kvg
10-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Sick car! I went for a ride in a sl65 amg a few years back, that thing pulled so hard:D

HiSpec
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The seats are standard SL65 seats. You only get the CF bucket seats in Europe.

I forget which season of Top Gear, but Jeremy Clarkson mentioned something about the seats are slightly off centered from the steering wheel making the driving position a bit awkward.

Phenix
10-05-2011, 02:58 PM
that would be a awesome road trip car. pretty disgusting how canadian get bent over price wise for it though

nismodrifter
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
needs spacers

JfuckinC
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
needs spacers

and the springs to bet cut a little bit ;) lol

Godfuader
10-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Pictures don't do it justice. It looks 1000x more agressive and ridiculous in person.
:werd: I had a spotted thread couple years ago about SL-BS from NY. The white somehow looks more tame than the black. Then again, as mentioned, the car looks more aggressive in person.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278522/spotted-black-series-sl-65-amg/

bourge73
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
or more tire...:)

ecstasy_civic
10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Sorath


too rich for your blood?

WUUUUUUT


do it up baller

Do it!

Tik-Tok
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Pictures don't do it justice. It looks 1000x more agressive and ridiculous in person.

Saw this beast today as well, filling up at the Shell near my house when I was taking my dog to daycare.

Been looking at pics of them all day, and you're right, they just do NOT do it justice.

2007RS4
10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
that would be a awesome road trip car. pretty disgusting how canadian get bent over price wise for it though

What does one of these go for?

colinxx235
10-05-2011, 05:15 PM
^^^


Originally posted by rage2
MSRP in the US was $300k. Canada was $450k. Not sure how much they're trading for these days. Too rich for my blood!

TunerF1
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
That was definitely an attention getter with the guys here at the shop today.. forget the morning chat by the water cooler! This thing is amazing!!!!:love:

toyboy88
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
PURE SEX :poosie:

Hakkola
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
My god man, that is awesome.

dirtsniffer
10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Pretty sweet. Not to sure about the rear flares though. IMO it would have looked better incorporating the whole rear fender

VWEvo
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Does this particular one belong to someone? Or is it for sale with Kulu?

90_Shelby
10-05-2011, 06:09 PM
It says SOLD on Kulu's site.

805 hp & 1000 ft/lbs :eek:

Awesome car. :thumbsup:

K3RMiTdot
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
omfg one of my all time fav cars... yum yummm

Chester
10-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't be able to drive this thing, my boner would get in the way.

importracer1
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
So how many of these are in Canada?

DGill
10-11-2011, 09:14 AM
:eek: :eek: Oh my that thing looks AMAZING

ZorroAMG
10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Pretty sweet. Not to sure about the rear flares though. IMO it would have looked better incorporating the whole rear fender

Keyboard designers...

That car is flawless.

Kg810
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG


Keyboard designers...

That car is flawless.

+1

I wouldn't change a thing on that beast.

frizzlefry
10-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I love that car. Beautiful. But isn't this the car Clarkson called "an axe murder trying to kill you"?

dirtsniffer
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Keyboard designers...
That car is flawless.
i forgot that your opinion is more valid than mine becuse you drive a mercedes.. :dunno:

FraserB
10-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Saw this today.

Fan-fapping-tastic:drool:

Redlyne_mr2
10-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Saw this thing cruising around downtown.. looks unreal in person.

almerick
10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Sweet Baby Jesus :eek:

03ozwhip
10-19-2011, 11:21 AM
i cant wait til its 50k in 4 years so i can afford one lol

rage2
10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
i cant wait til its 50k in 4 years so i can afford one lol
Good luck with that lol.

The CLK63 BS (MSRP 130k) is 4 years old now, and is still trading in the 70's. The SL65 AMG has a CDN retail of $450k, and US retail of $300k. You'd be lucky to see it at $150k in another 4 yrs.

03ozwhip
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Good luck with that lol.

The CLK63 BS (MSRP 130k) is 4 years old now, and is still trading in the 70's. The SL65 AMG has a CDN retail of $450k, and US retail of $300k. You'd be lucky to see it at $150k in another 4 yrs.

lol dam! just over my budget! probably some of the only few that dont lose 70% of heir value in 4-5 years im guessing.

rage2
10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
What kinda cars lose 70% of their value in 4 years? :dunno:

Disoblige
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Let's say you bought something shitty like a Kia Spectra at $15K..

Does that mean in 4-5 years it'll be like $4500?


I don't thi-.. Actually.. Sounds about right ..:rofl:

I guess that's worse case scenario though..

ekguy
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I don t know if it was this one or not but i played around with an identical one on macloud trail going towards heritage point/okotoks. Insanely fast.

03ozwhip
10-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
What kinda cars lose 70% of their value in 4 years? :dunno:

not many really, but alot of AMG's do. for example....

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-S65-AMG-V12-TWIN-TURBO-647HP-W0QQAdIdZ305260514

given its 5 years old but bought at 227k, selling for 39k....thats fuckin crazy. thats just one example. 70% was just a ballpark figure but but by my calcualtions this particular one is over 80% depreciated.

unless the car asnt bought at 227k and its a load of shit, but i dont think so.

treg50
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
That thing is picture perfect like out of a videogame or something... hhhhhhhot.
:eek:

BlackRadon
10-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

+1, I thought you just posted a spotted thread for your own car. My image of Rage2 has been shattered.

Haha, when I first saw the tread title that's what I was thinking too! Either way looks like more then a normal "spotting". Up close and personal! Great looking car but not my style.

soloracer
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec


I forget which season of Top Gear, but Jeremy Clarkson mentioned something about the seats are slightly off centered from the steering wheel making the driving position a bit awkward.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109070720310/top-gear-slams-mercedes-sl-65-amg-black-series

JfuckinC
10-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip


not many really, but alot of AMG's do. for example....

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-S65-AMG-V12-TWIN-TURBO-647HP-W0QQAdIdZ305260514

given its 5 years old but bought at 227k, selling for 39k....thats fuckin crazy. thats just one example. 70% was just a ballpark figure but but by my calcualtions this particular one is over 80% depreciated.

unless the car asnt bought at 227k and its a load of shit, but i dont think so.

haha, ya, s-class e-class and cls-class all drop mad when they're AMG's...

Sorath
10-19-2011, 02:57 PM
it probably also has something to do with not being able to get an extended warranty on the amg models. I dont know if benz sells a factory one or not, but i know other insurance companies will not warranty an amg vehicle

03ozwhip
10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
it probably also has something to do with not being able to get an extended warranty on the amg models. I dont know if benz sells a factory one or not, but i know other insurance companies will not warranty an amg vehicle

thats one factor among alot of other. i want an AMG badly at this point and theyre priced right in the 05/06 range, so i thinnk it most definitely is on the list for next years TL replacement.

xnvy
10-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
I don t know if it was this one or not but i played around with an identical one on macloud trail going towards heritage point/okotoks. Insanely fast. I'm pretty sure the one in Heritage Point has a wing rather than a lip as it blew by me yesterday morning. :D

b_t
10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
i hate to say it but I love half the car and hate the other half. Can't stand any of the pictures taken from in front of the doors.. those rear angles though? good christ.. new desktop

ekguy
10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
I'm pretty sure the one in Heritage Point has a wing rather than a lip as it blew by me yesterday morning. :D

Maybe and quite possibly. Hands down most badass car ive seen all year so far. When's rage ordering his to add to the collection?

03ozwhip
10-26-2011, 04:53 PM
forgot to add abot the car, the wheels are hideous. they look like some cheapo brand, not meant for this car IMO.

max_boost
10-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
it probably also has something to do with not being able to get an extended warranty on the amg models. I dont know if benz sells a factory one or not, but i know other insurance companies will not warranty an amg vehicle
Factory warranty is 4 years 80k but you can buy extended up to 7 years 160k.

I know this, my next AMG (if I buy another one), I'm going to drive the hell out of it and tack on a tonne of kms lol

rage2
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
It's a wing in my pics. In the recessed position it looks like a lip. Go over 100 (I think) or press the button in the car, and the wing lifts up.

Even if I had the money to blow on this car, I'd get the SLS instead. Much more fun, at half the price.

ekguy
10-26-2011, 05:51 PM
The thing I like the most is the stance the car has. Just oozes aggressiveness.

Too bad more cars don't look this way.

xnvy
10-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by rage2
It's a wing in my pics. In the recessed position it looks like a lip. Go over 100 (I think) or press the button in the car, and the wing lifts up. Oh that would explain it. That car looks so good though, especially in white, I feel like black hides all those exaggerated lines.