PDA

View Full Version : Review: Babylon restaraunt/Hookah lounge

mugensix
10-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey guys! Recently visited this place, the atmosphere is welcoming, great hookah/shesha flavors and combination are offered. I usually dont eat at these sort of places because the portions tend to be on the small side,But everyone at our table (14+ppl) were all starving. So we ordered their lebanese sausage, shawarma wraps, wings, nachos, beef and chicken skewers, wedges.. pretty much everything on the menu ahah! Anyways, wow... thats all i have to say, i must have gained 10lbs last night. The food is like something you get at a specialized restaurant, its high class one could say. Definitely blew me away!

The Place is located on Macleod trail right by the 42nd st turnoff i believe. This place was so good, our bill was 285.54 and we ended up leaving a total of 370 dollars at the table. One downside is the service, The establishment is under new ownership, so its the owner and a few of his friends/family helping out at the moment, thats what we were told. But the wait was worth it! good music and socializing eased the mood. But with any new business, im sure in a few days he will have the server/seater act together!

Thanks Guys!

chkolny541
04-07-2012, 08:31 PM
thought ill bump this up. We went here alittle while back mostly because of narah closing. But great food, friendly waitresses and awesome shisha. I thought that the crap they were using at narah was going downhill, kinda weak flavoring. But here it was super tasty and they also offered lots of unique flavors. Will go back for sure.

Speed_69
04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
When did Narah close? :dunno:

mugensix
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
^ See you guys there sometime!

hurrdurr
04-14-2012, 03:04 AM
Peach - Dr.Pepper. Amazing

DNSRadio
04-14-2012, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Speed_69
When did Narah close? :dunno:

a while ago.
bank repo from what ive been hearing.

ekguy
04-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Will have to try this place. I used to love Narah but near the end we stopped going. Went once and they had to use paper towel to seal where the hose goes in the hookah. From that point on we just started going elsewhere.

mugensix
06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Closed

cancer man
06-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by mugensix
I am currently business parnter/GM of this location with my cousins. We bought it out. Please come by and rate us

I vote for ban..
Maybe i should mention i just bought a automotive repair shop
6 years ago and it's on 17th ave DT and come rate us.

jsn
06-25-2012, 04:17 AM
When I was there, the service was pretty bad. I ordered a drink and it took the waiter half an hour just to come back and tell me that they ran out of that drink. We also waited quite a while before the Hookah was brought out. The two waiters were sitting by the cash register playing some board game and it wasn't even a busy night. Not sure if this was the exception, but overall I wasn't impressed.

dandia89
06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by jsn
When I was there, the service was pretty bad. I ordered a drink and it took the waiter half an hour just to come back and tell me that they ran out of that drink. We also waited quite a while before the Hookah was brought out. The two waiters were sitting by the cash register playing some board game and it wasn't even a busy night. Not sure if this was the exception, but overall I wasn't impressed.

same experience here. service was awful.

we got food and a hookah and it took forever to get it. I also asked for tap water, but the guy refused and gave me bottled water (which is like 3 or 4$). I asked again for tap water, and his reply was that their tap water is "dirty". After I asked him what he puts at the bottom of the hookah, he became quite and got me my water.

Place is so shitty, I have to find a new place since narah closed

hurrdurr
06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
The service was terrible, they don't know their menu, and they don't know anything about the products they serve.

But fuck me if the Dr.pepper/Peach Shisha isn't the best Shisha I've had in Calgary

mugensix
07-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Closed

Weapon_R
07-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Did Mike sell this place or something? Can't believe this place has gone downhill that bad

JAYMEZ
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
im down for some free Shisha ! I used to go to this place all the time!

mugensix
07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Please anyone who has had a bad encounter here PM me i will fix it.
Me and mike apologize.

Regards

mugensix
07-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Had some guys from the site come in today! Awesome dudes! Heavy drinkers heavy tippers haaha !! Another happy group!

mugensix
08-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Lots of beyond members coming thru! Thanks guys and dope rides parked out front :poosie:

peter07r1
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mugensix
Lots of beyond members coming thru! Thanks guys and dope rides parked out front :poosie:

I came by with my gf the other day to try the chicken shawarma. Buddy with a yellow soccer shirt was serving us. He looked stoned. Thought it might just be the shisha. Anyway, we sat down at one table that was a bit sticky. No big deal we moved down. Next was too. Oh well they probably all are whatever I'm hungry let's order.

We got our food. Chicken was very undercooked. I already ate a couple pieces at this point. This chicken was pink and gummy. Outside was slightly cooked. Disgusting. I let our server know and he was very rude and offered no concessions or explanation. He tried to make us pay the bill and I refused. He said to pay for the tea and coke we had for the 2 minutes we had with our dinner at our table. Fine. I did take a sip of it with the food. Not only that. The rest of the night I was waiting for the salmonella to kick in. Last time this happened I was sick for four days.

I've never had such a bad experience at a restaurant in my life. I'm fairly passive and it was so bad I went out of my way to sign up for urbanspoon and yelp just to post a review.

You might want to look at who's running your restaurant. We'll never go back.

peter07r1
08-23-2012, 12:14 PM
also I don't want to confuse anyone. this is not the same restaurant as Babylon Qithara in the sunridge cineplex parking lot. That place got me hooked on shawarma. I recently moved south and tried this place....huge mistake.

G-ZUS
08-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by peter07r1

I came by with my gf the other day to try the chicken shawarma. Buddy with a yellow soccer shirt was serving us. He looked stoned. Thought it might just be the shisha. Anyway, we sat down at one table that was a bit sticky. No big deal we moved down. Next was too. Oh well they probably all are whatever I'm hungry let's order.

We got our food. Chicken was very undercooked. I already ate a couple pieces at this point. This chicken was pink and gummy. Outside was slightly cooked. Disgusting. I let our server know and he was very rude and offered no concessions or explanation. He tried to make us pay the bill and I refused. He said to pay for the tea and coke we had for the 2 minutes we had with our dinner at our table. Fine. I did take a sip of it with the food. Not only that. The rest of the night I was waiting for the salmonella to kick in. Last time this happened I was sick for four days.

I've never had such a bad experience at a restaurant in my life. I'm fairly passive and it was so bad I went out of my way to sign up for urbanspoon and yelp just to post a review.

You might want to look at who's running your restaurant. We'll never go back.

:barf:

ekguy
08-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Seems to be quite a high number of unsatisfied people even on beyond...What happens if you extrapolate that to include the general population that isn't on beyond...Would probably make for a lot of bad experiences...

mugensix
09-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Mods please close

euro_racer
09-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Lol this whole operation seems like a joke IMO

First OP posts as a "satisfied customer"
Then OP posts as a "business partner"
Now OP posts as a "former partner" and doesnt seem to be phased too much as he "moved on"

Something just doesn't seem right here. I'll just stay away from Babylon and what ever OP decides to advertise in future all together :closed:

G-ZUS
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
Lol this whole operation seems like a joke IMO

First OP posts as a "satisfied customer"
Then OP posts as a "business partner"
Now OP posts as a "former partner" and doesnt seem to be phased too much as he "moved on"

Something just doesn't seem right here. I'll just stay away from Babylon and what ever OP decides to advertise in future all together :closed:

:werd: :bullshit:

mugensix
09-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Mods please close

black13
09-04-2012, 02:02 AM
I was gonna post about the shwarma too. I had it couple weeks ago and it was awful. That is not what I call shwarma. Its just like boiled chicken dipped in sauce and wrapped in the pita.

Aside from that, I had an ok experience. Server was good and table was clean.

Other thing is the food prices are way too high even compared to other shisha places, and second the place needs a regular DJ that doesn't just play Arabic music. It's ok for a bit but blasting the same songs all night gets tiring. My GF wasn't a big fan.

Or just put on a radio station if you don't wanna spend the money for a DJ.

mugensix
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Was your server a big tatto'd guy or an asain
-.-