PDA

View Full Version : MKIV Help?

Bubba-G-
01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Hello,
I have been looking for a nice mkiv for awhile and came across one in december but the car was sold before the bank could approve my loan :banghead:
So anyway I have came across this car and I'm thinking about buying it and just having the owner store the car until march when I could pick it up, I would fly down to look at it and pay for it.
How much would I have to pay to get this car once everything was said and done?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=148484

Bubba

Redlyne_mr2
01-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Just wondering ,why you refer to the supra as just MK4 that could mean so many different cars..no big deal just noticed you did that in the last thread too. :) Anyways youd have to buy 36K US, youre going to have to shop around to see which bank can offer you the best price on your money. Sometimes its even best to see if you can find a private dealer in currency exchange. At todays rate 36KUS would cost you about 48K CND from the bank. Also I wouldnt buy that car without seeing it in person and having a mech. inspection performed pics can be deceiving especially on a modded car. Shipping the car will cost about 1200 CND from the US. After that the registries office here in Alberta will require daytime running lights and possible a few other little things $300-500, id contact them prior to purchase. good luck, looks like a killer car

Bubba-G-
01-24-2004, 11:03 PM
There are alot of MKIV's but there is only one mkiv to me :bigpimp: hahaha
Ya I would just fly down there to look at it before I bought it , if the dollar jumps over 80 cents american I will be all over it.
On monday I will try to talk to the banks to see where I can get the best exchange rate.

Bubba
Nissan 300zxTT

Bubba-G-
01-24-2004, 11:05 PM
On a sidenote this morning I read your post about about the AE86 crappin out on your way to toronto. I would be pissed off, that car is :bigpimp: Anyway get her runnin again.

Redlyne_mr2
01-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-G-
On a sidenote this morning I read your post about about the AE86 crappin out on your way to toronto. I would be pissed off, that car is :bigpimp: Anyway get her runnin again.
Haha thanks for the concern, geez red deer will be crawling with nice red toyotas, there's Sai's red 94TT, hopefull your 94TT and my soon to be imola red mr2 t

Bubba-G-
01-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Is that you that owns the red MR2 in town? I didn't see it out much last summer, But I seen it out alot 2 years ago.

Redlyne_mr2
01-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-G-
Is that you that owns the red MR2 in town? I didn't see it out much last summer, But I seen it out alot 2 years ago.
Yah thats me I work in Calgary and go to school in Toronto..the car is still in RD being be built up some more

Bubba-G-
01-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Well I just tried to see about the red 94 TT for sale in wetaskwin but it was sold 4 hrs after it was listed some dude seen it from ontario and wired the guy the money that nite.
So anyway I'm back to square one, I went to the bank and I think I'm going to avoid buying out of the usa, because it isn't just worth it.
:banghead:

Bubba

Khyron
01-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Doh I just popped in thinking it was a VW thread. Argh.

Khyron

Sai
01-28-2004, 12:43 PM
lol still into the supra(I dont blame ya... im just itching to drive mine... damn snow!) yea i saw that one in BC that u wanted....... that was a steal i was surprised it was up for that long. I just order lots of parts for the car, im so happy *Car part shoppin ownz*

Haha if you do end up finding one as redlyne mr2 said it... we would have one phat toyota line up :)

Toyota Repres.....No. Got the feeling? ;)

Boostn
01-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I saw that Supra TT posted in the trader on Monday, it's sold already?? MKIV's are definitely hard to come by in Canada! I'm hoping to pick one up in the near future but not quite ready yet. Seems like there's a bunch of buyers waiting for one to pop up with cash in hand. Just keep searching and you'll find one eventually. Why isn't it worth buying from the US? There seems to be more down there and for cheaper also. Factoring in our relatively decent exchange rate as well. Maybe I'm missing something :dunno:

Bubba-G-
01-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Goto Your bank and see what kind of rate they will give you, just because the exchange rate is good doesn't mean that is all there is to it. :banghead:
But ya I have got one lined up, I just have to wait until the end of march then I can purchase it :bigpimp:
So I'm going to start listing the good old Z soon in the autotrader and bargainfinder, hopefully someone will want her.

Bubba