PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/Flywheel suggestions for '05 Legacy GT?

freshprince1
10-11-2011, 08:34 AM
So it looks like I'll need to replce my clutch on the Legacy. :banghead: It has been suggested that I look into a Stage 1 clutch and upgraded flywheel - which I think I'm going to do.

Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to brands and sources?

Just starting my homework.

Thanks.

projekz
10-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Bully Clutch. My buddy ran one on his S4 for 3 years with no issues and he drove the crap out of it!

freshprince1
10-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by projekz
Bully Clutch. My buddy ran one on his S4 for 3 years with no issues and he drove the crap out of it!

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that one before...looks promising.

**Edit, I'm heavily considering the Bully Clutch since your suggestion. I like that it's made in Canada and seems really well built. Where did your bud have it installed?

projekz
10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
We installed it ourselves. The quality on the kit was amazing and the support from the company was second to none.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I have a Spec Stage 2 with a machined OEM flywheel in my 05 LGT. The pedal feel is good not too heavy, but it seems to chatter a bit at times when taking off from lights. I have 18000km on it now. If I was to do it again I would go with an Exedy Stage 2 I think, I've had good experiences with Exedy.

Abeo
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by projekz
We installed it ourselves. The quality on the kit was amazing and the support from the company was second to none.

Bully has a hit and miss reputation in Ottawa (where they are based). Some people say they are great clutches, some have had them come apart in 1000 km. I've heard lots of stories and know people that got burned using their bully clutches and their OEM replacements. Maybe they've changed, though :dunno:

freshprince1
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Abeo

Bully has a hit and miss reputation in Ottawa (where they are based). Some people say they are great clutches, some have had them come apart in 1000 km. I've heard lots of stories and know people that got burned using their bully clutches and their OEM replacements. Maybe they've changed, though :dunno:

Having done some more research, and spoken to Tunerworks, I think I am leaning towards a Tunerworks-sourced ACT clutch and flywheel setup...a little steep on price though.

LAFNGAS
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
no issues with bully on my own personal car let alone the mass of them ive sold, if youre looking for one still, give me a shout

unkicrackie99
10-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I have the Exedy Stage 1 clutch which is great. With that I have a ACT Streetlite flywheel installed, which causes quite a bit of shudder in the cold even on mornings like today. The bearing was stiff on my flywheel so I get a rattling noise when I let of the gas and coast. I don't think it'll set off a misfire code either in the 2.5L's like it does to the 02/03 bugeye WRX's.

Impreza
10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I had an ACT HD SS clutch and a Toda flywheel on my S2000, worked great for me.