PDA

View Full Version : Sealing concrete driveway and sidewalk product that you have used and can recomend.

autosm
10-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I want to seal my concrete driveway and sidewalk . Need a product that you have used and can recommend.

I want to reduce the salt and water damage in the winter and freshen the look of it up.

Something that could be tinted grey would be a bonus.

Was going to use this but the guy at the Cloverdale store said it was not great and did not have any other suggestions....?

http://www.cloverdalepaint.com/contractor_professional/product.asp?code=45110

From what I can see a penetration sealer is what I want.

Water Based ???? I dont want to have to re do it every year.

superflychief
10-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I actually spoke to a concrete contractor last week and he said to contact any concrete company directely. You can get a much better sealer from then for cheaper, then you can from a Home Depot etc.

s_havinga
10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
There is a place called Hard Rock Developments just off Blackfoot Trail, they are very knowledgeable when it comes to concrete finishing and I am sure they can help you out.

ExtraSlow
10-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Only partly off topic :hijack:
does anyone have any recommendations for removing an acid stain on concrete? I had a car battery leak, and the stain is pretty ugly. I'm guess since it was acid, I'll have to strip the top layer of concrete off to get down to fresh stuff.

Then I'd need some sealant, which is back on topic. :rolleyes: