PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1994 Mercedes-Benz E500 (500E)

Tuner1
10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
** SOLD **

Year : 1994
Make and Model : Mercedes-Benz E500
Exterior Color : Brilliant Silver
Interior Color : Grey
Auto or Manual? : Auto
Odometer Reading : 103,XXX KMS
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Asking Price : $18,500 no GST

** SOLD **

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]

Very rare and very special! If you are reading this you probably already know about the E500/500E but I will provide some basic background information.

The E500 (aka 500E) was a limited-production super-sedan with a reinforced bodyshell, built by Porsche in Zuffenhausen, and only 374 were sold new in North America in 1994. It is one of the most special Mercedes-Benz models produced since the 300SL Gullwing. 1994 was the last year of E500 production and featured all of the latest styling and mechanical updates the factory had to offer, giving the car a much cleaner look when compared to the '92 and '93 models.

This Brilliant Silver example has covered less than 103,100 KMs since new and is in exceptional condition. It is mechanically and cosmetically excellent and drives perfectly. Never winter driven. Everything on the car works perfectly (see below) and is ready to cover the next 400,000kms or to be kept as a special Sunday driver!

All of the typical 500E repairs and updates have been done, including a new engine wiring harness and $8k in service work was done in the last 400kms! The car is pictured with very valuable 18" AMG SL-2pc wheels and Yokohama 245/40-18 & 275/35-18 tires (used for 300kms) but the original 16" wheels are included. Subtract $2000 from the price if you don't want the AMG wheel set.

The only known faults on the car are a small paint crack on the lower section of the front bumper (driver's side) and the outside temperature display in the instrument cluster doesn't always display the temperature.

Automobile Magazine (04/92) "Like a drug.", "This is the best car I have ever driven" and "This is it, this is the best car in the world."

Motor Trend (03/06) "A fast, rare, already-collectible, Porsche-engineered sleeper."

*Will consider a partial trade + cash for a Honda or Toyota minivan.

Contact me for additional information and photos.

http://crleech.smugmug.com/Other/E500/i-jfj6DGP/0/XL/DSC9010-XL.jpg

http://crleech.smugmug.com/Other/E500/i-vLRm2ZC/0/XL/DSC9013-XL.jpg

rookie b
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Tuner1
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Updates posted above.

Tuner1
11-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Since many have asked, here is a list of parts that have been replaced in the last <400kms.

-Replace Euro headlight lenses
-Replace front door seals
-Replace foam engine hood pad
-Replace transmission filter and fill with Redline synthetic
-Change engine oil filter and fill with Redline synthetic
-Replace valve cover gasket
-Reseal cam adjuster solenoids
-Replace fuel filter
-Replace engine air filters
-Replace accessory drive belt
-Replace ignition wire set
-Replace distributor caps and rotors
-Replace spark plugs
-Replace crank position sensor
-Replace neutral lockout switch on transmission
-Replace overload protection switch on transmission
-Replace transmission kickdown switch on accelerator
-Replace ASR switch on accelerator
-Replace cooling system components (overflow tank, cap, thermostat and various hoses)
-Replace windshield washer tank and washer pumps
-Replace transmission mount
-Replace front brake rotors and front & rear pads
-Replace cabin HVAC air filters
-Install front bumper plate filler panel
-New Infrared remote locking key
-New Cocomat floor mat set

beyond_ban
11-21-2011, 02:26 AM
You mean <400 kms? (less then)

Tuner1
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM