PDA

View Full Version : registry edit

RickDaTuner
01-25-2004, 01:36 AM
I just have a quick question. if I delet a driver file int he registries for a usb devide will windows not see it and install it again by itself or by deleteing the reg file do i render the Driver useless?

GingeRRRBeef
01-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Suggestion: You should not touch the registry if you have to ask such a question. Screwing with the registry can fuck up your computer.

But to answer your question, deleting a driver's registry entry, when done properly, will cause windows to find the device as new hardware when you reboot. However, if you remove a registry entry for a driver that has several keys, then it can cause a lot of problems.

Why do you want to delete the entry anyways?

Davetronz
01-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Suggestion: You should not touch the registry if you have to ask such a question. Screwing with the registry can fuck up your computer.

:thumbsup:

RickDaTuner
01-25-2004, 10:40 AM
I wanted to Delete the Usb keys for my motorola Phone modem, buts its all good now I uninstalled some software and then reinstalled it again and the problem was solved,
I was having a problem with Windows and wanting to keep the setting for a few Motorola Controlls drivers, so i edited the Usb setting for the modem and it worked good, but then i got creative and modified another key and everything stopped working...

I was doing all this so that my phone would be regcognized With Mobile PST