PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Scam Artist Tried To Buy My Car

180drft
10-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey guys. I received a txt message from a "LILY THANG". She wanted to look at / buy my S14. I didn't think anything was too suspicious until she started to brag about what cars she has...

She told me she had an S2K, but now has an 2010M3 and a has a 2012 GTR waiting for her back home in vancouver. (she was texting me from a calgary phone (403-478-0985). She also said that she always took her cars to A&J racing in BC and they would fix all her cars for free.

She was more interested in bragging and talking other than buying my car, she wanted my car for a Winter vehicle... so my GF started googling her name and found this

(Link removed upon respect of the elders staying in the address what is posted)

LOLOLOL, I called her out over txt and she hasn't replied since.

BE CAREFUL DUDES!

Hallowed_point
10-13-2011, 07:42 PM
What a little shiester!

pf0sh0
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
ahahaha!

CRXguy
10-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Interesting...... :nut:

strawberrydouch
10-13-2011, 08:13 PM
HAHAHA that websites golden props bro

SoSlowDx
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
:facepalm:

Lagerstatten.ca
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow - I knew this day would come sooner or later, and I'm glad it's now. She's gone around scamming too many victims and it's time that more people knew of my sister.

Some of you know her as my sister (dun dun dun). But yeah I'm not proud to be related to her, actually everyone in my family is ashamed to be related to her.

The thread on The Dirty is pretty accurate - she's a con artist and a pretty good one at that from what I can tell. She's gone through guy after guy since 2002 from what I can recall. She uses them to get to their money. These guys would give up everything for her - money from the bank, maxing out credit cards and taking out bank loans just to feed her unending need for designer bags and clothes. I would know since one of her victims was a good friend of mine who only told me after she had taken him for about $20K.

She has hopped from family member to family member for a place to crash but she now has no place to stay. Everyone has written her off - so now all she has is her so called "friends" to leech off of. PLEASE DO NOT LET HER BECOME YOUR FRIEND!

I know on The Dirty thread someone has kindly posted a home address which belongs to a family member of mine. They don't need to be harassed if you are looking for her. They're just an old couple looking to enjoy the quieter days now in their lives. She hasn't been at that address for over 6 months from what I've been told (and can confirm as she and her belongings were not there the last time I was there). I have contacted The Dirty site admins to remove/modify the address - will see if they do or not.

So yes this is fair warning and I'd like to thank the OP for bringing this matter to light. No one deserves to be scammed by Lily Thang and the more people that know of her and her con artist ways the better.

No she is not an engineer
No she is not educated (dropped out in jr.high)
No she is not any part french, chinese, filipino, etc - she's all nammer
No she doesn't drive - so obviously she wouldn't have any cars (M3, S2K, GTR, etc)
No money
No job
No life
Yes she is ugly.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM HER AS YOU CAN! My entire family and group of friends have and so should you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

-Thinh

SoSlowDx
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Lol sorry man that last part about being ugly made me laugh hard haha

msommers
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I've been getting a few scam emails where people are going to have someone else pick up the car while they pay me via Paypal. The stories are so funny. One person's english was so bad, I call them a scammer and they insisted on seeing the vehicle and completely disregarded the scam comment LOL.

Kloubek
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that she's your sister, Lagerstatten. I've written off a family member before as well, and although you emotionally detatch yourself, it is still always a shame.

lellowrx7
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
i wan luke at car .
can u meat me ?

i love kijiji responders.....

CRXguy
10-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Lol sorry man that last part about being ugly made me laugh hard haha

LOL... me too. Sorry BIL!

dam_guy
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
I never thought I'd hear that name again...
Definitely a shady shady character she is, makes up such bs stories and also is always in need of money. She's just a leech. I'm pretty sure Lagerstatten.ca has said enough.

Neil4Speed
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Lagerstatten.ca

I'm sorry to hear about this, It must be tough situation as at the end of the day, family is family.

Just wanted to say, I feel like you handled this with allot of class, good on you.

Hope one day she can get her life together.

RickDaTuner
10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I read this, and the only thought that came to my mind was flying this girl half way around the world and leaving her there with out a dime... LOL

Too harsh?

Kardon
10-13-2011, 10:52 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxviet
10-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Bro wth? u didnt post her number? heck ill order pizza's to her house if i have to

black13
10-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by xxviet
Bro wth? u didnt post her number? heck ill order pizza's to her house if i have to

how is that any better? the pizza guy is just gonna take the hit. They can't do anything if person doesn't pay.

kvg
10-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Thats sucks dude:(

Tik-Tok
10-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by black13

how is that any better? the pizza guy is just gonna take the hit. They can't do anything if person doesn't pay.

Not only that but Lagerstatten clearly stated that the address on "The dirty" isn't even hers, but elderly family.

Lagerstatten.ca
10-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I read this, and the only thought that came to my mind was flying this girl half way around the world and leaving her there with out a dime... LOL

Too harsh?

Not too harsh at all - I'm all up for it you wanna say...buy her a one way ticket to Yemen or something.

Lagerstatten.ca
10-14-2011, 06:54 AM

You sound like someone dumb enough for her to con. Maybe I should introduce you to her :)

Skyline_Addict
10-14-2011, 09:43 AM
wow, sorry to hear lagerstatten.

xxviet
10-14-2011, 12:09 PM

You sound like someone dumb enough for her to con. Maybe I should introduce you to her :)

like u said shes your sister if shes that dumb to go around scamming people i sure hope it doesnt run in the family so no thanks ;)

dandia89
10-14-2011, 12:33 PM

like u said shes your sister if shes that dumb to go around scamming people i sure hope it doesnt run in the family so no thanks ;)

CRXguy
10-14-2011, 01:13 PM

Go play in traffic or something.

SoSlowDx
10-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Go play in traffic or something.

:werd:

Dummy up nammer!

chkolny541
10-14-2011, 03:30 PM
intense thread

roll_over
10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Post her number on the back of a toilet stall "for good time call xxx-xxx-xxxx will trade bj for cheeseburgers"

Lagerstatten.ca
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
UPDATE: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Woman+sought+probe+northeast+Calgary+home+invasion+slaying/5941248/story.html

Stay away from her for your own safety everyone. She could be armed and dangerous.

-TT

Sugarphreak
01-03-2012, 04:57 PM

Kloubek
01-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Just goes from bad to worse...

hurrdurr
01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
wow that just got real

black13
01-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Wow! was the person who died the one taking care of her?
I bet you she scammed some Guy and once they found out he went looking for her and shot the person.

What a cunt

eiysa101
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/9uovfa.gif

Tik-Tok
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I bet you she scammed some Guy and once they found out he went looking for her and shot the person.

:confused:

xnvy
01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
wow, how do you help someone like that. :confused:

Lagerstatten.ca
01-03-2012, 05:48 PM

What a cunt

No the person that passed away at the house, the death was due to health complications. Also the two deaths are unrelated.

The one that she's being sought after occurred back in June 2011 according to the article. The family member passing was on Dec 2011.

max_boost
01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
intense thread :werd: :drama:

Lagerstatten.ca
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Also if you do have any information that CPS can use, please do call them at the number listed at the bottom of the article. They'll redirect you to the detectives handling the case.

BensonTT
01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Subscribed....

black13
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM

No the person that passed away at the house, the death was due to health complications. Also the two deaths are unrelated.

The one that she's being sought after occurred back in June 2011 according to the article. The family member passing was on Dec 2011.

sorry I was browsing on my phone and couldn't type it well.

What I thought from the article is that this person who got robbed and shot was her care giver, although in the article the police aren't disclosing what her relationship was with the deceased. Do you know anything about that person?

If they weren't related then my theory is out the window. I imagined she scammed some dudes and gave that address to them and when they came looking for her they shot the person living there.

Lagerstatten.ca
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM

sorry I was browsing on my phone and couldn't type it well.

What I thought from the article is that this person who got robbed and shot was her care giver, although in the article the police aren't disclosing what her relationship was with the deceased. Do you know anything about that person?

If they weren't related then my theory is out the window. I imagined she scammed some dudes and gave that address to them and when they came looking for her they shot the person living there.

We have no relations to the deceased named in the article to the best of my knowledge. Everything is up for speculation at this point. Best to let CPS handle this and not Beyond CSI.

Stay safe out there.

-TT

Crks&Cstls
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
wow, back in like aug, oct. this girl tried to buy a car from someone i know, but everytime he tried to meet up with her she said she was working late, or went to a rave and did tooo many pills (lol) then he saw this thread and called her out on it. Never heard from he since. But i guess she was living in chestermere at the time.

Lagerstatten.ca
01-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Update: According to the Calgary Herald article, CPS has found her and are holding her for questioning.

hurrdurr
01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Update: According to the Calgary Herald article, CPS has found her and are holding her for questioning.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PandaKing
01-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Looks like we have our own beyond detective ! Well good work to bad your over 12 hours late and after speaking with cps she is a witness in a pending investigation!

darthVWader
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by PandaKing
Looks like we have our own beyond detective ! Well good work to bad your over 12 hours late and after speaking with cps she is a witness in a pending investigation! And I was also told that she had walked in on her own account !

Dude have you read the thread from the start? Might be a good idea before you start typing.

PandaKing
01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
honestly i could care less about the whole forum ! i just think people should know facts before speculation !

Disoblige
01-04-2012, 10:43 AM
honestly i could care less about the whole forum !
Then care less!

darthVWader
01-04-2012, 11:04 AM
honestly i could care less about the whole forum ! i just think people should know facts before speculation !

Look who's speculating :facepalm:

darthVWader
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Lagerstatten sorry you and your family have to deal with this.

All the best

hurrdurr
01-04-2012, 11:23 AM

She has her claws dug that far into your back hey?

JRSC00LUDE
01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Looks like we have our own beyond detective ! Well good work to bad your over 12 hours late and after speaking with cps she is a witness in a pending investigation!

Her brother automatically has more credibility than you. Fuck off. Care Less.

Or, put your money where your mouth is and fact-share away.

Scat E46
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
lol the current BF be slinging some SHOTS

A790
01-05-2012, 05:16 PM
There's always gotta be one "hero". :thumbsup:

craigcd
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
This is crazy- I remember reading this thread months ago. Then browsing the news before bed I read the article and remembered the picture. I kept thinking I should dig the thread up and confirm the match but couldnt remember the title or users. Figured it wouldnt take long to come up anyway, and I was right.

Dj_Stylz
01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Wow what a crazy thread so far.

Abeo
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Bump...

http://www.qr77.com/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1652045

Calgary police have charged two people and is seeking a third on warrants in relation to a murder last year. Back on June 21st, three people were attacked in a home in the northeast . Fifty three year old Cuong Viet Doan, of Calgary, was pronounced dead at the hospital. A woman in her 50s and man in his 20s were also injured in the incident. Thirty year old Jeffery Thomas McPherson and twenty three year old Joshua John Smith have been charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder, assault with a weapon and forcible confinement. An Alberta wide warrant has been issued for twenty six year old Ngoc Tran Thang, who also goes by Lilly.

Lagerstatten.ca
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Police+charge+with+murder+2011+home+invasion/6121802/story.html

Just read this as well. As usual if you see her please report it to CPS.

Stealth22
02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Police+charge+with+murder+2011+home+invasion/6121802/story.html

Just read this as well. As usual if you see her please report it to CPS.
According to the Herald, no need. She turned herself in to CPS and was arrested.

So she was behind the home invasion? Maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. :dunno:

Ngoc Tran Thang, 26, of Calgary, who also goes by “Lilly,” was wanted on an Alberta-wide warrant for conspiracy to commit an indictable offence of break and enter with intent to commit robbery.

She turned herself in on Wednesday and was taken into custody without incident.

Police say they questioned Thang in January, but investigators were unable to lay charges.

Tik-Tok
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

According to the Herald, no need. She turned herself in to CPS and was arrested.

So she was behind the home invasion? Maybe I missed something, but I'm confused. :dunno:

They don't come out and say it, but the victims didn't know the intruders, and "Lilly" was charged with conspiracy, which means SHE probably knew the son, and told these two jackass's to do a home invansion.

Stunt66
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I cant believe how this thread has turned out, it started with a scammer buying a car and now the scammer is being charged with some pretty serious shit.

Graham_A_M
02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Some pretty epic threads have gone down in this forum, probably 10 times as much as any other I`ve seen.

Wow what an odd turn of events.

bourge73
02-09-2012, 05:46 PM
How much time will she get? And wow what an Epic thread, when I saw her pic in the paper today I though "Wow that Bitch looks familar" then remembered this thread, crazy. Well at least for dude and his family they know for a while where she will be, and that she won't be fuckin anyone over except for "Big Sally" for a while...

BensonTT
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Shes innocent until proven guilty! Thats the law! :)