PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac > Mercedes? Uhh wut?

rage2
10-15-2011, 11:24 AM
heSVK8s-gfo

dirtsniffer
10-15-2011, 11:29 AM
marketing gimics make me appreciate a car less. wow faster to 60 than a c300:zzz:

Redlyne_mr2
10-15-2011, 11:33 AM
That settles it, 2 cars that were never built to drag race had a race and the car with the most power won. :zzz:

dj_rice
10-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
That settles it, 2 cars that were never built to drag race had a race and the car with the most power won. :zzz:

:werd: :zzz:

ZorroAMG
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Ahaha look at the comments on youtube

bigbadboss101
10-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Funny anyways. Lot of soccer moms and pops can drag race our DD with their Escalades, Trail Blazers, Siennas etc etc.

dirtsniffer
10-15-2011, 11:56 AM
lol at the youtube comments..

Unknown303
10-15-2011, 12:06 PM
And time to save thread with a related video from youtube.. that was way way better.

4jOQFMlpdVI

Cos
10-15-2011, 12:26 PM
^^ man the GTR looks huge next to a Veyron. Haha

Numi
10-15-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought the add was pretty good.
They weren't really shooting down Mercedes more showing that their suv has balls. Not like a c300 is anything to brag about for Hp anyways.

Ukyo8
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Can't argue with that logic :rofl:

rage2
10-15-2011, 02:51 PM
My favorite part is how for this race to 60mph they needed 2 guys suited up like the stig for safety lol.

Neil4Speed
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Kind of a fun test, but the Escalade is almost double the price, $40k More than the Mercedes.

01RedDX
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Unknown303
10-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I get it. Just showing that a huge SUV can be as nimble as a small German sedan. :dunno:

as nimble in a straight line...

Wannago
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I've beat a couple Mercs with MY Cadillac :burnout:

turbotrip
10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
the only way the ad could've been stupider was if they had left the cts-v

shakalaka
10-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by the pick up of the escalade before I picked up the ext. I never thought something so big and heavy could still push you back in your seat.

Disoblige
10-15-2011, 07:40 PM
What are they going to race next? BMW 323i?

BokCh0y
10-15-2011, 09:18 PM
You can't even compare the two :facepalm:

RickDaTuner
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
And this is why I will never buy domestic

01RedDX
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM

RickDaTuner
10-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I feel it sets the precedent for subversion, dishonesty, and just plain douchyness. That accompanied with poor, poor product presentation and development, over priced. and under whelming models with laughable reliability.

The only North American car manufacturer I would consider and may even purchase from is Ford, but even then they still employ the same practices, with a little more integrity of course.
When you really sit down and think about it, there's no real justifiable reason why they should still be in business. Cars like the cavalier, Focus or the neon are a real good example of do the least and charge the most mentality. Its like every other manufactures base models encompass the build quality that domestic manufactures make you pay a premium for.

I've had plenty of opportunity to see the materials and methods used in car making as a technician, and can say first hand that materials found in domestics are vastly lower quality than anyone and everyone else

I suppose my statement is comparable to the phrase "the straw that broke the camels back" not much is said but the underlying context is a novel long.

Dynasty 88
10-15-2011, 11:26 PM
This is the age of global automotive maunfacturing, import and domestic car companies use parts from one another, share suppliers, and even work together on new technologys. The domestics car companies no longer build cars like Cavaliers and Neons....all you need to do is sit in a new Cruze or \focus, then go try a new Versa or Civic. This is 2011 not 1995 domestic does not = garbage anymore.

Anomaly
10-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I feel it sets the precedent for subversion, dishonesty, and just plain douchyness. That accompanied with poor, poor product presentation and development, over priced under, and whelming models with laughable reliability.

Yes, the german and japanese cars are definitely known for their performance bargains. There is a reason the cars sell, the Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, CTS-V, etc etc give levels of performance that imports can't match for the price. And this isn't the days of Cavaliers and Lumina's... check the last few years of JD power rankings.

dj_honda
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Haha the shittiness of that commercial reminds me of another shitty american car commercial:

jhhxxcD69Bo

You know.......outlines everything people look for when car shopping. Eyebrows, smiling grills...

Disoblige
10-17-2011, 08:55 AM
^^ Wow, that 200 commercial was fucking gay.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I feel it sets the precedent for subversion, dishonesty, and just plain douchyness. That accompanied with poor, poor product presentation and development, over priced. and under whelming models with laughable reliability.

Yeah I agree. The reason I hated the Caddy commercial was because they think that we're stupid and we'd actually not know the difference between the different models.. Luckily, as seen by all the negativity on the YouTube comments and likes/dislikes, looks like it backfired. :D

Ukyo8
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
"WHY DO THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE EYEBROWS??"

:banghead:

cloud7
10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
This explains why SUVs with children on board sign keep trying to race people at stop lights.

clem24
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Well I guess if you can't sell the car as an off-road vehicle, I guess sell it as an on-road vehicle?? :dunno:

J-hop
10-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
^^ Wow, that 200 commercial was fucking gay.

Yeah I agree. The reason I hated the Caddy commercial was because they think that we're stupid and we'd actually not know the difference between the different models.. Luckily, as seen by all the negativity on the YouTube comments and likes/dislikes, looks like it backfired. :D

But do you think the demographic they are targeting will see right through the marketing ploy?? I think not.

I could be wrong but I doubt someone such as yourself has an escalade even remotely on their radar for potential purchases. So it would be a waste to try to market to people like you, correct?

PremiumRSX
10-18-2011, 03:16 AM
I understand what Cadillac was trying to do... The concept was good, but they failed on the execution.

Sorry Cadillac. :facepalm:

Disoblige
10-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

But do you think the demographic they are targeting will see right through the marketing ploy?? I think not.

I could be wrong but I doubt someone such as yourself has an escalade even remotely on their radar for potential purchases. So it would be a waste to try to market to people like you, correct?
I know what you're trying to say, and I understand.

I honestly think a large demographic of people who do purchase Escalades are younger males and females looking for a certain bling factor as well as increased size of a vehicle. With that said, most people would want some power out of their car too. Not saying the Escalade is slow by any means, but honestly if I was one of the targeted demographic, it might be easier to have a commercial that says the SUV has a 403 HP V8 and show the grunt of it on it's own rather than putting it up against a C300 and not beat it by much.

What's the saying? "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Now potential customers who want to spend $80K on an SUV knows that it beat a C300 (pretty much half the price) by a bit with a 403 HP V8.

clem24
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Does anyone really see the Escalade as being anything more than tacky and chintzy? I think I have slightly more respect for the Navigator than I do this thing. And this vid just makes it all that much more worse...

Love the CTS-V wagon but this vid just makes me question the leadership at GM and what really makes them tick.