PDA

View Full Version : LF Info: Vista Projects

me_dennis
10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Just wondering if any beyonders in the O&G and EPCM Industry have heard anything about a company called Vista Projects? They've got a few openings and I'm interested in applying and I just wanted to know more information about them from someone in the industry.
Any information is appreciated!

Thanks!

Sugarphreak
10-19-2011, 10:17 PM

KRyn
10-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Talk to 94Boosted he has worked there for a little over two years. He likes it there a lot from my understanding.

me_dennis
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Awesome, thanks. I didn't know that they had joined up with IMV projects. So they do all their work for Cenovus?

I'm an EIT looking to apply for a Project controls/project engineer position.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Vista doesn't really exist on it's own anymore from what I understand, they paired up with IMV Projects to launch what is referred to as the JV (or joint venture). Basically Cenovus energy asked them to form a dedicated office; so all the work there is Christina Lake and Foster Creek facilities. They still do the hiring through Vista Projects and IMV Projects to staff the place though.

They are located out by Chinook center somewhere, I know a few engineers and designers that work there. The pay is above average, the only complaints I have heard is the office is a little more open than most people like and they usually share a phone between 4 people rather than giving you your own. Kind of sucks, but if you have a cell it shouldn't bother you too much anyway.

It is facility work, so fast paced and challenging. What discipline/department are you planning on applying for?

npham
10-20-2011, 09:41 AM
They are located out by Chinook center somewhere, I know a few engineers and designers that work there. The pay is above average, the only complaints I have heard is the office is a little more open than most people like and they usually share a phone between 4 people rather than giving you your own. Kind of sucks, but if you have a cell it shouldn't bother you too much anyway.

New office is near Coco Brooks, in Centron Park. The office is definitely open, but everyone has a phone(not sure where this came from) at their desk.

Sugarphreak
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM

npham
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
The location you mentioned is the JV, and then the actual Vista Projects location is the one I mentioned. But I am not too sure how things are done at the JV.

Sugarphreak
10-20-2011, 10:52 AM

npham
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Vista Projects has just under 100 people working out of that office so there is definitely lots of people/projects going on.

There are Vista Projects employees at the JV but I'm not sure how they are paid.

Sugarphreak
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM

94boosted
10-20-2011, 01:07 PM
As npham said there is two offices for Vista. The Joint Venture office by Chinook Centre and the Vista Projects Head Office in the new Centron Building they just moved from the Riverview Atrium office.

I've been there for over two years and not once have I seen anyone having to share a phone especially not at a 4:1 ratio at either of the offices. So I'm not sure where that comment comes from.

The JV (Vista & IMV) works strictly for Cenovus and there are nearly 400 employees working on various Christina Lake & Foster Creek SAGD Projects for Cenovus.

The Vista Head Office works on many smaller projects for various clients (SAGD, CSS, THAI, Polymer Flooding...)

Sugarphreak
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM

94boosted
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
^^ Well good to know it was addressed; I know a number of people that complained bitterly about it. Do you know if they assign direct numbers now as well or is it all still routed through an extension?

Both offices all have direct numbers for everyone. It's been like that for quite some time now.