PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Wear Fragrances?

statick
10-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Alright gentlemen (and the ladies too),

What is your personal reason for using cologne, perfume or the like? Is it worn daily or on occasion? Why? Feel free to vote and post.

Thanks and let the discussion begin!

86max
10-18-2011, 11:39 AM
To lure the hoors of course.

Only gets worn on special occasions.

max_boost
10-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Once in awhile just to have that extra kick lol

Mibz
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 86max

Only gets worn on special occasions. I'll be sure to alert your hoor du jour of this behaviour.

JfuckinC
10-18-2011, 12:08 PM
haha i like smelling myself.. girls always say they love my cologne, but i bet i love it more :dunno:

ExtraSlow
10-18-2011, 12:23 PM
As a guy with asthma and allergies, i wish people would stop wearing unnesessary fragrance.

It's pretty uncommon, but once in a while, someones perfume will give me an asthma atack. Luckily for me, it's quite mild, so a couple puffs from the inhaler and I'm GTG.
Still, I don't like it, I don't wear it.

CLiVE
10-18-2011, 12:43 PM
My wife is a perfumer ("nose") so it is kind of expected. :nut:

n1zm0
10-18-2011, 12:57 PM

yeah this was my only reasoning - now there's no plural 's' tho so no need, besides that - imo the most important one back in the day, was to cover up what you went and puffed on in HS at lunch lol

swak
10-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Hahaha... ^^ This.

My teachers in high school caught on though. Had a class with her before break and smell normal, after break reeked of axe.......... Hahaha..

statick
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Clive, for which fragrance house does your wife work? Does she do any formulation?

It appears most people are either not a fan of this stuff or are looking to get laid!v:D

psycoticclown
10-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I like just getting a whiff of a nice scent. I am a big cologne guy though, my girl keeps getting mad at me for buying cologne lol.

Ukyo8
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
To get the bitchezz duhh

R!zz0
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
"It's an expression of how I perceive myself to be"

Dumbass17
10-20-2011, 04:20 AM
i need to get a new cologne but can't justify spending a hundred or so bucks on something....
yet i just paid $200 for protein powder and pre workout lol

turbotrip
10-20-2011, 08:56 AM
to attract certain people's wives...

rage2
10-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
As a guy with asthma and allergies, i wish people would stop wearing unnesessary fragrance.

It's pretty uncommon, but once in a while, someones perfume will give me an asthma atack. Luckily for me, it's quite mild, so a couple puffs from the inhaler and I'm GTG.
If people can't smoke indoors, why are people allowed to wear ridiculous amounts of fragrances that can suffocate people around them? I can't stand going in an elevator with those ppl. I think I'll light up a smoke next time that happens and pay a $500 fine if I get busted lol.

Only d-bags wear cologne, and cougars wear perfume imo haha.

colinxx235
10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
People don't consider axe cologne do they?? I find those cheap ones that guys/girls layer on killer. Back in junior high when girls first got into it, using some $10 spray, it would cause major headaches for me.

I have asthma/allergies and I typically don't run into issues with good colognes/perfumes (with the odd exception)

I have two canali's (summers night/winters tale) that are both very mild fragrances, and it doesn't bother my lungs.

Also wear jean paul gauthier.

I just wear cologne cause I find it smells nice. just make sure to use 1 or 2 quick presses. don't want to layer that stuff on :barf:

Marsh
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
John Varvatos tells me I need it. Honestly though i dont think more than half the people who wear it actually know how to put it on properly.

I shouldn't be able to smell you coming before I see you...you should only be able to smell their cologne/perfume (subtly) when you are talking to that person

ga16i
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure why I wear cologne actually. It's certainly not to attract the ladies, I'm married and no longer interested haha

I switch cologne every year and have no loyalties to any particular brand, just whatever seems nice at the time. To me it's just part of what you do, like wearing a watch. You don't NEED to do it, but it's nice to be extra fancy :dunno:

CLiVE
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by statick
Clive, for which fragrance house does your wife work? Does she do any formulation?

She does formulation, studied at ISIPCA in France.
Has had training and done work with many of the majors. (Givaudan, Firmenich, IFF, Chanel, etc.)

03ozwhip
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
People don't consider axe cologne do they?? I find those cheap ones that guys/girls layer on killer. Back in junior high when girls first got into it, using some $10 spray, it would cause major headaches for me.

I have asthma/allergies and I typically don't run into issues with good colognes/perfumes (with the odd exception)

I just wear cologne cause I find it smells nice. just make sure to use 1 or 2 quick presses. don't want to layer that stuff on :barf:

this.

Originally posted by ga16i
I'm not sure why I wear cologne actually. It's certainly not to attract the ladies, I'm married and no longer interested haha

I switch cologne every year and have no loyalties to any particular brand, just whatever seems nice at the time. To me it's just part of what you do, like wearing a watch. You don't NEED to do it, but it's nice to be extra fancy :dunno:

and this.

Talies R
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM

Exactly. Thats the logic behind every decision I make.

Originally posted by ga16i
It's certainly not to attract the ladies, I'm married and no longer interested haha

No longer interested? holy fuck :nut: I don't believe you

LongCity
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

I have two canali's (summers night/winters tale) that are both very mild fragrances, and it doesn't bother my lungs.

Also wear jean paul gauthier.

JPG Le Male is very strong, even with one spray under your clothes on the chest, and lasts for about 14 hours haha. I do like it, though. It also seems like every brown guys choice of scent.

taemo
10-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2

If people can't smoke indoors, why are people allowed to wear ridiculous amounts of fragrances that can suffocate people around them? I can't stand going in an elevator with those ppl. I think I'll light up a smoke next time that happens and pay a $500 fine if I get busted lol.

Only d-bags wear cologne, and cougars wear perfume imo haha.

I would love to pitch in $50 for your ticket if you ever do it. especially if there was a video of it.:rofl:

I don't wear colognes anymore, only when I'm craving for a specific scent.
now a days it's just me and my roll of old spice

A790
10-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I throw on a light mist right after I hop out of the shower. I like how it smells? lol

swak
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by A790
I throw on a light mist right after I hop out of the shower. I like how it smells? lol

This = respectable.
Its the people that spray the damn thing a dozen times all over their body to "make a point".

Mar
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Pheromones for the id.

civiclvr
10-20-2011, 01:49 PM
rarely do, but when I do, it's cause I like the change and a light scent from time to time.
pretty picky about the scent though.. has to smell good on me and HAS to be very light. I don't like something obtrusive

Tomaz
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
It covers up the smell of sweat, sex, and shame.

And I am a sucker for the marketing scams brought to us by Axe. :D

colinxx235
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

JPG Le Male is very strong, even with one spray under your clothes on the chest, and lasts for about 14 hours haha. I do like it, though. It also seems like every brown guys choice of scent.

I do find the scent does last for a VERY long time, yes. But I don't find it powerful such as some Prada/Gucci/Boss scents. Those are the ones that you can just smell from a good distance and are sharp to the senses.

I'm white haha.

Maybe its good at masking curry? :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
It covers up the smell of sweat, sex, and shame.

And I am a sucker for the marketing scams brought to us by Axe. :D

Isn't the presence of Axe fragrance more of an INDICATOR of sweat, sex and shame?

AudiPWR
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
At my condo in colorado there is always this broad who douses herself with perfume, and I usually catch the elevator down with her. It is just awful, once I asked her what perfume she was wearing... and continued to say I was just curious because you smell alot like my grandma. She stopped wearing it.. Hahaha.

For me, I only wear it on special occasions..

Hallowed_point
10-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
At my condo in colorado there is always this broad who douses herself with perfume, and I usually catch the elevator down with her. It is just awful, once I asked her what perfume she was wearing... and continued to say I was just curious because you smell alot like my grandma. She stopped wearing it.. Hahaha.

That is hilarious :D A not so subtle hint.
But clever because it's hard for her to get
pissed at you for it . :poosie:

Whatever old lady perfume it is that smells like dead flowers and musk it makes me want to vomit. Seems to be a very popular one though.

Tomaz
10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Isn't the presence of Axe fragrance more of an INDICATOR of sweat, sex and shame?

Not yet, I'm still working on it though. haha! :poosie:

Originally posted by AudiPWR

Winning! I'll remember that next time I come across that situation. lol

Sugarphreak
10-23-2011, 09:59 PM