PDA

View Full Version : New Navy Seals Movie..

civic_stylez
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
For those that are fans of special forces, this movie looks pretty badass, no hollywood actors. Movie cast are actual serving navy seals. Cant wait for this one.
ZnlPgo9TaGo

sexualbanana
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM
that's pretty cool

sexualbanana
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Kinda curious how active SEALs can show their faces in the movie. They're usually pretty guarded about stuff like this.

KO22
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
cant wait to see this movie

black13
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Looks great! much better than the typical over-the top hollywood crap.

EG6boi
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
This looks bad ass. Definitely goin' to watch this.

jsn
10-19-2011, 09:08 PM
that looks awesome!

nrt_vw
10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
looks pretty sweet

xnvy
10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Kinda curious how active SEALs can show their faces in the movie. They're usually pretty guarded about stuff like this. I don't know about the faces but according to this (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904787404576528293606172306.html) their names won't be shown in the credits; instead they'll be replaced by the names of others KIA.

Hakkola
10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by black13
Looks great! much better than the typical over-the top hollywood crap.

The truck explosion wasn't over the top?

black13
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

no looked fairly real to me :nut:
yea maybe it does but hey still beats mark whalberg taking down an army with his shirt off blowing shit up for no reason.

n1zm0
10-20-2011, 09:39 PM
i guess this played in LA last night with great reviews. then ppl.got to play BF3 on the movie screen after /jealous

Royle9
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure if this was posted but I couldn't find one via search. Somewhat similar style movie, looks pretty good but a lot more violent and based on SWAT/SpecOps.

uWlmhMSnVdM

Cos
10-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Sweet Jesus these are sick!

msommers
10-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

After I watched this Mytbuster's episode, RPG explosions are fucking massive!

@1:15
Z5elJNyLVEQ

Both movies look badass though!

nj2Type-S
10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Royle9
I'm not sure if this was posted but I couldn't find one via search. Somewhat similar style movie, looks pretty good but a lot more violent and based on SWAT/SpecOps.

uWlmhMSnVdM

wow...:drool:

Royle9
10-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Yea, I was reading somewhere that it was based on true events/story and something about the fact that your not supposed to be allowed to shoot blanks/guns to the head and face anymore but this movie found a loophole. I'm trying to find the write up... but none the less it looks pretty well done.

BlackRadon
10-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Both of those movies look awesome! Can't wait too see them.

Oh a side note, kari is so damn hot haha.

Tram Common
10-22-2011, 04:49 AM
You guys have to be kidding... both those movies look like everything else Hollywood comes out with these days. :dunno: :nut:

se7en
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
i wanna see the second one. when will it be out?(the raid one)

95EG6P
10-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Both videos looks good can't wait

GoChris
10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
:thumbsup: Both look pretty good. I love me a good action flick.

Cos
02-13-2012, 04:43 PM

m10-power
02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Looks like the US military is after new recruits...wonder why...

jonnycat
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
_UU4zYC1GgI

beecue
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Call of Duty the movie? Doesn't look good to me. :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Nothing will ever be as good as "Under Siege", there's no point in even trying.

LadyLuck
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
link to the premiere:

Alliance Films (http://tickets.alliancefilms.com/Redeem/Regular/SelectTickets.aspx?id=e5054b1d-da12-49e2-af1f-38ca4b93228f&locale=en-CA)

hope this works

Passcode: FACEOFVALOR234

desi112
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
link to the premiere:

Alliance Films (http://tickets.alliancefilms.com/Redeem/Regular/SelectTickets.aspx?id=e5054b1d-da12-49e2-af1f-38ca4b93228f&locale=en-CA)

hope this works

Passcode: FACEOFVALOR234

Thank you will be going!

n1zm0
02-14-2012, 03:41 PM
the biggest difference you can hope for is them doing scenes that are more believable, i'm sure the director says 'i want a scene with this event happening'

then the seal guys would say 'well we would do it this way with the resources given to us in the field with our training'

rather than some military consultant guy telling the director how he would do it, these guys can use their instinct of reaction in front of the camera from their 'combat' experience if they have been in any.

that's what i hope for out of this movie for the action sequences and attention to detail.

projekz
02-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Looks like the US military is after new recruits...wonder why...

Exactly what I was going to say...
With all the tv commercials from the Army, Navy and Marines lately I'm not surprised that they come up with a movie lol

CMW403
02-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BlackRadon

Oh a side note, kari is so damn hot haha.

I'd fill her in with the components of my RPG:poosie:

nj2Type-S
02-28-2012, 10:35 PM
THIS MOVIE ROCKS!!!

:drool: :thumbsup:

dj_patm
02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Terrible movie.

Obviously being amateur actors and a "Join the Navy" production, the story, dialogue and acting are all bad but I knew that going in and just like when I saw Battlefield LA (which I really liked), I turned that part of my brain off.

But even all the other aspects of this movie were pretty bad.

The action scenes leave a lot to be desired. The first one in the jungle was pretty cool. Showed some cool techniques and gadgets but after that it was just shit. None of the action scenes had any tension or flow. The Seals just came in, shot everyone in the head and moved on to the next Halo jump. It was retarded. Even the climax scene was the same thing. They break in to the compound, shoot the Mexicans and *SPOILER ALERT* America wins.

As for all the whole "Real Navy Seals Tactics and Gadgets"... Well like I said there some cool parts to the opening scene and seeing them ride up on to a sub with their dingy's was pretty sweet but thats really all it was.

There is NO sense of realism in the action scenes what so ever.

- My first and biggest gripe is that EVERY SINGLE KILL IS A HEADSHOT. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Call me crazy, but isn't it standard practice to aim for the torso as it's the biggest part of the target? Especially when the enemies were all wearing very non-bulletproof wife beaters? Even if I'm wrong and Navy Seals collect XP points like we do playing COD, you'd think that at least a few people would get clipped in the arm or leg or god forbid torso.

- Second, there is a scene were a guy gets shot in the chest with an RPG and it's a "dud". Are you fucking kidding me? A dud? Add to that the guy didn't even get injured. It knocked him of his feet but didn't at least break a rib or two?

- Third, these guys are champion frag throwers. They don't even have to be facing the right direction, they can just toss a frag over their shoulders perfectly through tiny windows that are two or three stories above them just seconds after a car explodes next to them.

Honest to God the more I think about it, the less I like the movie.

I'd leave after the scene where they ride up on to the sub. There's nothing special after that scene and by that point you will have already scene the best action sequence.

The only nice thing I have to say about it is that the sounds of the Guns are pretty sick but then they ruin it by going into a terrible looking FPS view.

God Awful Film.

95teetee
02-29-2012, 12:27 AM
^watching the commercials, all I was thinking was that I'd rather watch a movie with good actors in it, than good soldiers.

jsn
02-29-2012, 01:27 AM
^^any other opinions? I thought the movie looked amazing from the previews. Is it really that bad?

nj2Type-S
02-29-2012, 01:39 AM
let's put it this way, it's an awesome movie if you just want to see some action. otherwise, you'd be disappointed.

i enjoyed it because i went to the theatres knowing what i was walking into: a cod movie. it's better than "red tails", at least. that's not saying anything at all, though. lol!

Affinityion
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm

I turned that part of my brain off.

- My first and biggest gripe is that EVERY SINGLE KILL IS A HEADSHOT. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Call me crazy, but isn't it standard practice to aim for the torso as it's the biggest part of the target? Especially when the enemies were all wearing very non-bulletproof wife beaters? Even if I'm wrong and Navy Seals collect XP points like we do playing COD, you'd think that at least a few people would get clipped in the arm or leg or god forbid torso.

- Second, there is a scene were a guy gets shot in the chest with an RPG and it's a "dud". Are you fucking kidding me? A dud? Add to that the guy didn't even get injured. It knocked him of his feet but didn't at least break a rib or two?

Hahaha exactly what I did when I went into it, turned off my brain. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the headshots, actually mentioned that to my buddies when we left. The part about the dud is somewhat accurate though. RPGs typically don't arm until it reaches a certain distance away from the launcher (basically a failsafe) so the fact that he got hit with a dud seems plausible...but the fact that he was knocked a few feet back by the impact? :thumbsdow Whatever though that's Hollywood for ya. Knew what I was getting into when I went to catch that movie

88CRX
02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
It was a half decent action movie with terrible 'acting'.

It's not going to win any awards but it was probably worth the $10 to see it in the theater.

gpomp
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
i liked it

A790
02-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Terrible movie.

Obviously being amateur actors and a "Join the Navy" production, the story, dialogue and acting are all bad but I knew that going in and just like when I saw Battlefield LA (which I really liked), I turned that part of my brain off.

The action scenes leave a lot to be desired. The first one in the jungle was pretty cool. Showed some cool techniques and gadgets but after that it was just shit. None of the action scenes had any tension or flow. The Seals just came in, shot everyone in the head and moved on to the next Halo jump. It was retarded. Even the climax scene was the same thing. They break in to the compound, shoot the Mexicans and *SPOILER ALERT* America wins.

As for all the whole "Real Navy Seals Tactics and Gadgets"... Well like I said there some cool parts to the opening scene and seeing them ride up on to a sub with their dingy's was pretty sweet but thats really all it was.

- Third, these guys are champion frag throwers. They don't even have to be facing the right direction, they can just toss a frag over their shoulders perfectly through tiny windows that are two or three stories above them just seconds after a car explodes next to them.

I'd leave after the scene where they ride up on to the sub. There's nothing special after that scene and by that point you will have already scene the best action sequence.

The only nice thing I have to say about it is that the sounds of the Guns are pretty sick but then they ruin it by going into a terrible looking FPS view.

God Awful Film.
What, you don't want to join the navy? ;)

msommers
03-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Terrible movie.

God Awful Film.

Dude, read this (http://www.amazon.ca/Inside-Delta-Force-Americas-Counterterrorist/dp/0440237335/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330727547&sr=8-1) book. It will change the way you view any spec ops groups. Plus it's an easy read and VERY interesting.

There is also an audio book on torrent when you have those long trips.

ZorroAMG
03-03-2012, 04:43 AM
The movie was great*

* I knew the leads were not actors - not amateur actors like debbie downer stated earlier....actual navy seals with no acting ability.

You could tell. The "emotional" scenes with the two leads or them with their wives (actresses that did good work) were completely void of true emotion or effortless acting.

The point of the movie was to show what it is really like in the field.

NO beyond member that hasn't been a navy seal is competent to comment. Sure there were some hollywood dramatizations but the action, the protocol, the DETAILS were spot on. I am doing a war based series right now and all research I've done has this movie placed at the front when it comes to true SEAL behaviour, maneuver and process.

The lack of bullshit fast movements, cowboy attitude, and fucking abundance of cup & saucer hand gun handling or fake ass M4 carry, FULL auto bullshit, was refreshing. (slow, calculated signals and movements are REAL, semi auto, single shot rifle bursts are what happens in real life)

Yes, I thought the RPG should have broken his ribs but other than that, No complaints.

YES. Headshots are the skilled shot that silences and requires a single shot to neutralize the target. The sniper trains ALL the time to accomplish the silent attack. What don't you get?

WELL DONE, Act of Valor.

OU812
03-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The movie was great*

* I knew the leads were not actors - not amateur actors like debbie downer stated earlier....actual navy seals with no acting ability.

You could tell. The "emotional" scenes with the two leads or them with their wives (actresses that did good work) were completely void of true emotion or effortless acting.

The point of the movie was to show what it is really like in the field.

NO beyond member that hasn't been a navy seal is competent to comment. Sure there were some hollywood dramatizations but the action, the protocol, the DETAILS were spot on. I am doing a war based series right now and all research I've done has this movie placed at the front when it comes to true SEAL behaviour, maneuver and process.

The lack of bullshit fast movements, cowboy attitude, and fucking abundance of cup & saucer hand gun handling or fake ass M4 carry, FULL auto bullshit, was refreshing. (slow, calculated signals and movements are REAL, semi auto, single shot rifle bursts are what happens in real life)

Yes, I thought the RPG should have broken his ribs but other than that, No complaints.

YES. Headshots are the skilled shot that silences and requires a single shot to neutralize the target. The sniper trains ALL the time to accomplish the silent attack. What don't you get?

WELL DONE, Act of Valor.

I'm not sure if you paid attention......it wasnt just the snipers taking head shots (I agree that they would probably all be head shots) It was the random fights it in mexico where they were engaging the cartels they were all getting picked off at the head.......as I recall there was no overwatch in that scene,

This didnt ruin the movie for me but I did notice it.....the other thing I didnt like was the whole...

"I hope I come back this time"
"I hope I make it home"
"What would happen to my wife and kids if I didnt"
"If something happens can you give them this note"

and on and on and on........I think in the writing world this is called "forshadowing" They did so much on that one topic....gee I wonder whats going to happen?

still worth seeing tho

:thumbsup: (0nly 1)

Cos
04-08-2012, 10:20 PM

GTS4tw
04-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by OU812

I'm not sure if you paid attention......it wasnt just the snipers taking head shots (I agree that they would probably all be head shots) It was the random fights it in mexico where they were engaging the cartels they were all getting picked off at the head.......as I recall there was no overwatch in that scene,

This didnt ruin the movie for me but I did notice it.....the other thing I didnt like was the whole...

"I hope I come back this time"
"I hope I make it home"
"What would happen to my wife and kids if I didnt"
"If something happens can you give them this note"

and on and on and on........I think in the writing world this is called "forshadowing" They did so much on that one topic....gee I wonder whats going to happen?

still worth seeing tho

:thumbsup: (0nly 1)

It's funny, in real life they will have a 10,000 round firefight in the middle of downtown and no one gets shot, but one clip in the movies takes down 20 guys. Not a fan of fake ass, poorly acted, rah-rah bullshit.

Spoons
04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

It's funny, in real life they will have a 10,000 round firefight in the middle of downtown and no one gets shot, but one clip in the movies takes down 20 guys. Not a fan of fake ass, poorly acted, rah-rah bullshit.

Please stop talking.