PDA

View Full Version : Who here can help a giant out?

cycosis
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
So, issue is Im 6'5" (not really a giant) / lean build and most of my height comes from the torso.

I cannot find clothes that fit. L size is too short, XL is like a parachute. For work, I have to go to Harry Rosen and they have the odd shirt for me every once and a while but they are $150 a pop or more.

I need casual clothes/more work attire. T-shirts, sweaters, long sleeve shirts, cardigans, jackets, etc.

Little help/suggestions of where I can go? And no, Big & Tall is not an option cause its not Big or Tall. Plus their fashion is for 45+. :thumbsdow

spike98
10-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Have your shirts talored. Buy XL and get them fitted. My giant of a friend does this (He is 6'11"). He gets XXL and gets them tailored to fit his body.

GOnSHO
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
i normally get LT which is Large Tall, so they are longer. im 6'3" and the ones i wear would fit your perfectly cuz they are a bit long on me..

LT i normally find at Moores

Nate
10-18-2011, 10:52 AM
The best advice I got was to find a good Tailor. I am not that tall (6'), but have a long torso and monkey arms. For dress shirts even a "Slim", "Fitted" or "Tailored" fit in an XL is a parachute, but fit in the arms and neck. Buy something you like and have a Tailor take it in on the sides. I have bought a few Slim Fit from Bannana Republic that fit ok. The only shirts off the rack that have fit really well have been in the $150+ range.

For T-shirts, sweater etc I just live with the fact that something that fits me decent is going to look a little short on me, but this may be more of a problem for you.

bituerbo
10-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Try Hudson Room from the bay, go with one from the 'fitted' collection. Don't let them measure your neck, just keep trying them on until you find a size that fits.

For your existing parachute shirts, have them tapered for $20/pop at STITCH-IT

cycosis
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Ha, Yea im not going to have t-shirts/long sleeve shirts/sweaters/hoodies tailored... Im not baller or anything. Mostly searching for more casual wear.

spike98
10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
It is cheaper to buy a $60 shirt and tailor it ($20) than to buy a $150 shirt that fits.

My buddy has everything tailored, t-shirts and all. He has saved hundreds of dollars by not buying the expensive shit.

He has issues with shoes tho, fucker pays $300+ on ones that fit. No $80 DC's for that guy

ExtraSlow
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
Ha, Yea im not going to have t-shirts/long sleeve shirts/sweaters/hoodies tailored... Im not baller or anything. Mostly searching for more casual wear.
I dunno, on a sweater or hoodie that you'll probably wear 100+ times over several years, it's a pretty small outlay.

JfuckinC
10-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Try Mexx for dress shirts, i'm 6'5"ish as well and they are pretty good. They have regular fit, semi-slim and slim.. And if you go when there's a sale it's usually pretty cheap.

Try the outlet in Deerfoot Mall even?

bspot
10-18-2011, 01:25 PM
6'7" here.

Banana Republic, Mexx and Moores have all been good to me.

For t-shirts, if I get a more fitted t-shirt I can never dry it as it'll be too short (I wear a large usually, although XL is longer, they are too baggy on me). I got some plain T's from American Apparel that actually work pretty well because they are longer than most I've found.

Hoodies, I don't care if they are baggie. XL or L in something that has long sleeves. American Apparel, Element, Quicksilver all have stuff that fits good enough.

ee2k
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Go to Mexx Deerfoot outlet, you will be in XL and XXL shirt paradise. And sometimes, if you wait, their prices are just awesome.

Go to Winners, buy XL or XXL type of (name brand) dress shirts for ~ $30 and have them tailored. You can also find lots of casual shirts etc there as long as you are patient.

And I hear that there is this traveling tailored shirt folk that come from Hong Kong, they take all your measurements, you can place an order there or more online/over the phone. Anyways, 3 dress shirts for $160 shipped is what I've heard.

HHURICANE1
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
If you're in the states try JC Penny. They carry lots of tall sizes. Every time I go to the states I pick some shirts up.

canadian_hustla
10-22-2011, 04:09 PM
try brooks brothers outlet in CIM.

heavyfuel
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
6'3", 240lbs here, not a giant, but Banana Republic and Guess always seem too work out fine for me. Now I know it's lower end and all but Mark's has 1/2 decent casual stuff, and the brands they carry are available in bigger sizes than traditionally more fashionable stuff.