PDA

View Full Version : LF: lead for Junior Drafting job

ajooo
10-18-2011, 03:13 PM
can anyone point me for some companies getting ready to hire for new grads this april?

thank you

JfuckinC
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
A lot can change between now and april man...

http://www.mikelaing.com/

Check that out though.. Might be a bit outta date but worth a look.

Tarrantula
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Dph Focus,

Google them and send out a resume. I know for a fact they are looking for people, if you are landed (aka not sending in a resume from Dubai and expecting for them to hire you based on a peice of paper) and are of normal intelligence, shouldnt be a problem.

403-243-8380.

Good Luck.

Ghettobaby
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
A lot can change between now and april man...

http://www.mikelaing.com/

Check that out though.. Might be a bit outta date but worth a look.

Hahaha that website is so outdated.

Apply to AECOM, they are one of the biggest companies and will be a great start out of school. Then after 2-3 years you can start looking for better jobs.

JfuckinC
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby

Hahaha that website is so outdated.

Apply to AECOM, they are one of the biggest companies and will be a great start out of school. Then after 2-3 years you can start looking for better jobs.

yah my companies changed locations and names as to what it says there :rofl:

ajooo
10-19-2011, 12:49 AM
sweet, thanks for the info guys. hopefully i'll be able to find a position when im done. currently taking engineering design and drafting, most likely majoring in structural

Kari_310
10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
I graduated from that program

and I'll tell you what I learned

looking now isnt going to do you any good, from here to April alot will change such as how busy the office is and if there even is staff available

start looking when you have chosen your actual major
its actually super easy to get a job, the problem is finding the right one

some places will pigeon hole you to redline markups, while others will give you the freedom to design

just be diligent and start applying to jobs posted on the sait boards starting Feb,
if you have
good grades,
good people skills
and have passion

you have nothing to worry about