PDA

View Full Version : Where do you dry-clean?



bituerbo
10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I just phoned a few places and got some prices. Shirts and laundered and pressed, pants are dry cleaned. Feel free to add your place, or post a review. I just did a wardrobe refresh, and now all my pants are dry-clean only. For the extra $20 every 2 weeks, figure the shirt service is worth it now I'm going anyways.

Snow White Cleaners (26 Ave NE)
$2.00
$5.00
(Google reviews say they are messy but do good work, will give them a try this week)

Ritz Dry Cleaners Rundle
$2.20 shirts
$5.50 pants

Master Cleaners Rundle
$2.75 shirts
$6.50 pants

Saigon Cleaners (Memorial SE)
$3.00
$6.00

Trans Canada Cleaners
$2.99 shirts
$7.95 pants

Gillette's Fabricare (16ave/68street)
$3.09
$8.49

Tower cleaners Gulf Canada
$3.59 shirt
$9.90 pants

Weapon_R
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
I take mine to Trans Canada, but I love the idea of this thread. My dry cleaning bill is one of my biggest expenses right now :banghead:

flipstah
10-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Why don't you invest in Dryel?

Awesome for home dry-cleaning. :)

aklalani
10-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey guys,

I take my stuff to Care Cleaners in Sunridge Mall. They are one of the pricier places in town but imo their quality is second to none. They do also run groupon/living social deals which helps out as well!

Pants are $9.75

Shirts are $3.50

hustler
10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by aklalani
Hey guys,

I take my stuff to Care Cleaners in Sunridge Mall. They are one of the pricier places in town but imo their quality is second to none. They do also run groupon/living social deals which helps out as well!

Pants are $9.75

Shirts are $3.50

these guys are awesome and they can get your stuff done for the next day, great hours as well

aklalani
10-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by hustler


these guys are awesome and they can get your stuff done for the next day, great hours as well

Yep. Forgot to add that they open at 7am and close at 9pm during the week.

max_boost
10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey guys, maybe pick up an entertainment book.

Care Cleaners
Avanti Cleaners
Royal Cleaners
Dalhousie Fine Dry Cleaning

Multiple locations and each of the above company has a cut out for 25-30% off for each month of the year.

Could add up to significant savings!

bituerbo
11-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Well I got a lot of my stuff back from Snow White, I had pants cleaned, shirts cleaned, and a bunch of my 'fat' dress shirts taken in. Google reviews were right, they are messy but the shirts all came out cleaned and pressed, and the shirts were taken in for $12ea and fit great. Only issue was it took them a day longer than they said to complete the alterations.

I'm going to keep using them.

clem24
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I go to Fabric Care, right downtown on 5th Ave and 8th St. beside Sushi Hiro.

Shirts $2.50
Pants $6.50 (I think)

The owners are awesome. The lady working there is really nice and has an amazing memory LOL.

ronaldo
11-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by aklalani
Hey guys,

I take my stuff to Care Cleaners in Sunridge Mall. They are one of the pricier places in town but imo their quality is second to none. They do also run groupon/living social deals which helps out as well!

Pants are $9.75

Shirts are $3.50

I second this, I have never had any issues with them. Always on time and quality is awesome. The only place I trust in town and the only place I take my clothes:thumbsup:

PaleRider
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
any recommended place in the NW?

I usually use Tuscany Dry Cleaner (I am in Tuscany), but I'd love to try some cheaper, mom&pop shops in the NW.

DJ_NAV
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
I go to the one on Kensington & crowchild intersection. Its on my way to work too. Can't remember the name but he did my winter jacket for $8!! I think he does 2 pc suit for $16. shirts are $2.

Sasuke_Kensai
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Dryel sounds interesting, but too good to be true. Anyone else use it?

BokCh0y
11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by clem24
I go to Fabric Care, right downtown on 5th Ave and 8th St. beside Sushi Hiro.

Shirts $2.50
Pants $6.50 (I think)

The owners are awesome. The lady working there is really nice and has an amazing memory LOL.

You my friend...are a fucking hero.

I've been going to Tower Cleaners in Quarry Park because I live in that area. Prices went up, so shirts and pants are ridiculous now...i'll get prices tomorrow.

Been also going to budget cleaners in between Paul's Pizza and Ichi Rock [Ra:Ku] on 6th ave and 8st SW. Budget cleaners....man, what a shit shack/show. Lost my dry cleaning, ripped my pants and screwed all my collars on my shirts. Also the short and fat lebanese guy that works there....horrible!!! Dude has a bad temper. I learned that after I complained that my dry cleaning was lost and damaged.

Anyways, i'll try your suggestion out Clem - thanks :thumbsup:

Sushi on me next time!!!

clem24
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Sushi on me next time!!!

Booo yeah!!! :D

BokCh0y
12-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Clem24 - Do you know if that joint you recommend is open this week? I called and nothing...I gotta get some stuff cleaned before I head back too work next week.

If they pan out...i'll take you to Ichi Rock :)

clem24
12-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Clem24 - Do you know if that joint you recommend is open this week? I called and nothing...I gotta get some stuff cleaned before I head back too work next week.

If they pan out...i'll take you to Ichi Rock :)

Hmm I have no idea. They're probably on holidays... Not even the crazy convenience store in our building is open this week.

BokCh0y
12-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Thought so :(

Lunch is on you.

Dk.

clem24
12-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Thought so :(

Lunch is on you.

Dk.

What the fuck.... That's what you get for being a procrastinating lazy ass!!!! :facepalm: :rofl:

BokCh0y
12-29-2011, 12:11 PM
hahahaha i drove by yesterday, you are correct sir. They are closed.

adam c
12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I used to go to Tower before they stopped doing things in house and sent everything to their main shop

Now i use dryell and it works fine for the most part

Cooked Rice
06-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Bump for an update,
Snow White on 26th Ave NE:
Shirts 2.50
Pants 5.50
Wool Sweaters 6.00

ExtraSlow
06-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Any favourites near centre street north? I curently do tower, but they are pretty spendy.

flipstah
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
There's a dry cleaner at The Bow tower? That's north... Ish?

No one likes Dryel around here? You do it at home and boom!

mrsingh
06-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
No one likes Dryel around here? You do it at home and boom!

Ballers don't do their own dry cleaning at home. :poosie:

flipstah
06-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by mrsingh


Ballers don't do their own dry cleaning at home. :poosie:

I'm just a cheap Asian. Fact. :rofl:

nzwasp
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I feel like we get completely raped at the dry cleaners out here in the classy west.

I cant quote prices but everytime I go to a place in west springs, aspen or even signal hill I can feel that the bill will be super high.

BigShow
06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I've been using Dolphin Dry Cleaners, my shirts don't come back smelling like chemicals like Martinizers or some of ther other places. Price is what it is, it's not like I'm going to wash them myself or drive around looking to save a bit.

know1edge
06-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Fishmans

Most recent receipt

1 No starch shirt laund $3.89
1 Blk wool mens jackets $16.87
1 Blk wool mens pants $10.42
1 Blk Ties - Reg $7.92

cjblair
06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
+1 for dolphin. I use them, as do both my parents and uncle. All around good experience.

colinxx235
06-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by nzwasp
I feel like we get completely raped at the dry cleaners out here in the classy west.

I cant quote prices but everytime I go to a place in west springs, aspen or even signal hill I can feel that the bill will be super high.


Yah I have two weeks off so I figured I would get the whole pant set done. Tower cleaners is like $8.50/pants and told me $13 to hem a new pair I had.

Everything is aspen is jacked up =P

you&me
06-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
Fishmans

Most recent receipt

1 No starch shirt laund $3.89
1 Blk wool mens jackets $16.87
1 Blk wool mens pants $10.42
1 Blk Ties - Reg $7.92

Yep, Fishmans is ridiculous :rofl:

t_soarer
06-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Does the place in Eau Claire still have toonie Tuesdays ($2/shirt)?

mo_money2supe
06-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Any recommendations for dry cleaners in the SE near Quarry Park? I swear, they jack the prices up around the area 'cause of all the O&G companies around. Even better if they do alterations too!

colinxx235
06-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235



Yah I have two weeks off so I figured I would get the whole pant set done. Tower cleaners is like $8.50/pants and told me $13 to hem a new pair I had.

Everything is aspen is jacked up =P


Just going to follow this up, lady I called on the phone told me 8.50 a pair. $13 for alterations. Picked up pants yesterday and it was 45.64 for the 4 pants... I asked and the cashier just gave me the "are you stupid look" when i told her that someone on phone told me $8.50.

Alterations weren't done... so curious if that will be bumped up when I get as well

Definitely finding a new place to go to

E90_330xi
06-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by t_soarer
Does the place in Eau Claire still have toonie Tuesdays ($2/shirt)?

I think it's gone up to $2.75 on Tueday's now

95EG6P
06-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Sasuke_Kensai
Dryel sounds interesting, but too good to be true. Anyone else use it?

the wife uses it on her work clothes and says it works well

JfuckinC
12-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Anywhere in the beltline good for dry cleaning? bought a $$ suit and let a fairly intoxicated lady friend where the jacket satruday..... :cry:

BavarianBeast
12-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Rainbow cleaners on Elbow Drive is going to be gone here soon.. Nooo.

Guess I'll go to Darrin The Cleaner on 4th st now, they're pretty good JfuckinC.

BananaFob
12-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Anywhere in the beltline good for dry cleaning? bought a $$ suit and let a fairly intoxicated lady friend where the jacket satruday..... :cry:

Martha's Master Cleaners on 8th Street and 14th Ave SW, right beside the dairy queen.

GotRice?
12-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Anywhere in the beltline good for dry cleaning? bought a $$ suit and let a fairly intoxicated lady friend where the jacket satruday..... :cry:

Oh noes! Your brand new ARMANI SUIT?!

ExtraSlow
12-19-2014, 12:48 PM
I need somewhere more reasonable. Had 8 shirts done at Tower Cleaners, the 8th ave place location, although I suspect all the downtown locations are the same price.
Regular price would have been $40, I had a 25% off coupon from SUTP, so it ended up being $29.43.

I'm not great at math, but that look like it's $5 a shirt before coupon. still 3.68 ea after coupon. Fuck me.

Something north-central would be nice.

killramos
12-19-2014, 12:53 PM
I used to use Gilletes in stadium. Now the wife takes shit somewhere on Center street i think.

However I had a missing blazer this morning so perhaps this isn't something I should be trusting her with :whipped:

How the fuck can you lose a blazer :facepalm:

cjblair
12-23-2014, 04:09 PM
One time I lost a pair of pants for like 4 months. It happens.

ExtraSlow
07-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Anybody use White Rose Cleaners on Centre and 20th North? I drive past that place twice a day. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and take some stuff there. Although the reviews online aren't stellar, it seems like maybe that's for another location.

Prelude_dude
10-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Any updates on prices at different places?

Dolphin cleaners in harvest hills is 3.90 per shirt to be laundered.

ExtraSlow
10-19-2015, 07:25 PM
I ended up switching to Avalon cleaners on Centre street. Have been happy with prices and results, but they seem to take about a day longer than tower downtown.

jwslam
10-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
Dolphin cleaners in harvest hills is 3.90 per shirt to be laundered.
The last time I went to a dry cleaner with a shirt, he straight up told me during payment that shirts just go through the wash like any other piece of laundry... so I stopped bothering with shirts.

Interested in knowing where I should take my suit though! :thumbsup:

gqmw
10-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

The last time I went to a dry cleaner with a shirt, he straight up told me during payment that shirts just go through the wash like any other piece of laundry... so I stopped bothering with shirts.

Interested in knowing where I should take my suit though! :thumbsup:

I use dolphin cleaners for my suits, it's about ~$22/suit.

ExtraSlow
10-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Yeah, shirts are "laundered" pretty much everywhere. What you are really paying for is the ironing.

At Avalon (1217 Centre Street N), here's the current prices.
Shirts Laundered - $3.24
2 Pc Suit - $19.75

Prelude_dude
10-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Oh yea, i am totally fine with them just tossing it in the wash. Its the ironing that I do not have time for, or care to make time for lol..... the industrial set up they have to iron shirts is just so much better than what you can possible have at home.

I've tried professional steamers at home as well and i still can't those tough wrinkles out or nearly as crisp as done professionally.

I even invested in a nice wireless iron from panasonic, definitely makes the job less painless and i can achieve the crisp professional results, but probably takes triple the time and its just not worth my time anymore lol.

On that note though, 3.90 per shirt can get quite expensive when you wear dress shirts 5 days a week. Fortunately I'm not super sweaty, so i can get 2-3 wears out of my shirts, but by them its looking kinda wrinkly.

jwslam
10-20-2015, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
looking kinda wrinkly.
Anti wrinkle shirts? :dunno:

mo_money2supe
10-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude
Oh yea, i am totally fine with them just tossing it in the wash. Its the ironing that I do not have time for, or care to make time for lol..... the industrial set up they have to iron shirts is just so much better than what you can possible have at home.

I've tried professional steamers at home as well and i still can't those tough wrinkles out or nearly as crisp as done professionally.

I even invested in a nice wireless iron from panasonic, definitely makes the job less painless and i can achieve the crisp professional results, but probably takes triple the time and its just not worth my time anymore lol.

On that note though, 3.90 per shirt can get quite expensive when you wear dress shirts 5 days a week. Fortunately I'm not super sweaty, so i can get 2-3 wears out of my shirts, but by them its looking kinda wrinkly.

It sounds like you just need a better iron. I picked up one of these and not only is it quick, it has no problems removing all the wrinkles. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81IQkxbIWrL._SX355_.jpg
https://myrealworldreviews.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/rowenta-eco-intelligent-iron/

Including ironing board set-up and warming up the iron, it takes me a whole 5 mins per shirt each morning to iron; definitely not worth even $2/shirt for someone else to iron it for me. Besides, the steam helps open up my pores for shaving too! I do still use my steamer every once in awhile, especially for my casual Friday polos.

On a different note, can anyone recommend a drycleaner for wool jackets in the SE or downtown fringes? The weather's finally dropped down enough in the mornings to bust out my semi-winter wool jackets.

JLau
10-20-2015, 05:10 PM
anyone been to rosedale dry cleaning?

BokCh0y
10-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Tower and Martinizing are the most expensive for sure, like crazy expensive. But soooo convenient for me.

Been told it's a pair of bro's that own these chains. One owns the Martinzing and the other owns Towers. Clothes all go to the their joint plant so it doesn't really matter who you go to.

BMDUBS
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I use Tower on the West side and they are friggin $$$!

Also, am I the only one that has their shirt buttons cracking/breaking sue to the high heat from their presses? I am getting kinda sick of my buttons getting damaged.

ExtraSlow
11-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Have never once had my buttons crack.

Impreza
11-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I have a bunch of buttons that have cracked or been partially melted on my dress shirts.. it is irritating. I am pretty sure it is from the press.

BMDUBS
11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Have never once had my buttons crack.

Where are you getting you shirts laundered? And how often do you have the shirts laundered? I wear once then send them in.



Originally posted by Impreza
I have a bunch of buttons that have cracked or been partially melted on my dress shirts.. it is irritating. I am pretty sure it is from the press.

Ya I am also sure its from the press. The thicker the button, the more prone it is to getting cracked I find

killramos
11-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS

I wear once then send them in.


:nut:

Smelly dude or something?

Wife takes things to rosedale. Apparently.

I can get 3-4 wears out of a shirt so long as i don't spill something on it or something :dunno:

BMDUBS
11-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Lol nah!

I just find that even wearing a shirt once its wrinkly and shitty looking so time for a fresh press!

ExtraSlow
11-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS


Where are you getting you shirts laundered? And how often do you have the shirts laundered?
I was getting them done at tower, now Avalon. I probably got each one done once a month or so, since I got three or four wears, and I mix in some golf shirts. Some of the shirts were a decade old though. Maybe I am lucky:dunno:

gqmw
01-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Side question - do you guys usually remove your collar stays before you take it to the cleaners?

I usually take them out but was in a rush the other day and forgot to. I got my shirts back and some of the stays are crazy bent.

VTEXTC
01-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Side question - do you guys usually remove your collar stays before you take it to the cleaners?

I usually take them out but was in a rush the other day and forgot to. I got my shirts back and some of the stays are crazy bent.

Yup. Learned the hard way. It's inconvenient, but saves the collar stays.

know1edge
01-25-2016, 06:57 PM
.

idriveabox
01-25-2016, 10:13 PM
Wash shirts at home and iron? Most are easy iron now. There is no need to be paying for drycleaning (at least regularly)

npham
01-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Anyone dry clean their Canada Goose jacket? Any recommendations(locations or otherwise) other than taking off the hood before you drop it off?