PDA

View Full Version : All I get in my Canada Post mailbox is junk, whats the point?

Talies R
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Currently I'm still receiving a couple bills which cannot be delivered to my email or through ePost, so randomly I'll check my Canada Post mailbox. It's constantly filled with junk mail, resteraunt menus, realtor note pads, garbage!

Can I request Canada Post quit sending me this shit? :nut:

Hallowed_point
10-19-2011, 12:58 PM
What you need to do is put a sticky note inside your mail box on the bottom (visible to the letter carrier) that simply states "NO AD MAIL." Seems to work at my condo building, and was told by a postie that is the correct terminology :rofl: You will still get political flyers as I believe they have to deliver those by law but at least that will stop the bulk of it :thumbsup:

Talies R
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Excellent, easy enough!! :D

Dave P
10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Make sure you know which way the mail goes into your box for putting the sticky. For example, I know that the side i open it up to, isnt the side the mail man uses.

ZMan2k2
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
What you need to do is put a sticky note inside your mail box on the bottom (visible to the letter carrier) that simply states "NO AD MAIL." Seems to work at my condo building, and was told by a postie that is the correct terminology :rofl: You will still get political flyers as I believe they have to deliver those by law but at least that will stop the bulk of it :thumbsup:

This is correct, and will stop most of it. The postie will still continue to drop Addressed Admail in your box though. They should however stop putting in the flyers and assorted junk that comes through.

black13
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Most of the junk mail isn't done by Canada post. Its those kids who get paid to deliver the ads just like the newspapers.

But yes putting a no flyer sign will help with that.

btimbit
10-19-2011, 07:08 PM
I usually just put whatever I don't want back into the send slot.

2007RS4
10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

:werd: I did that when they were on strike. Too funny.

Maybelater
10-19-2011, 08:27 PM

Haha me too.

topmade
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by black13
Most of the junk mail isn't done by Canada post. Its those kids who get paid to deliver the ads just like the newspapers.

But yes putting a no flyer sign will help with that.
A lot of communities have their mailboxes all together at one spot and only Canada Post has keys to open them. So yes, it is Canada Post that's putting them in there. Ad companies pay Canada Post a pretty penny to get them put in there. And I also just put it back in the send slot ;)

nobb
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM

+1. Also when companies send junkmail but with prepaid envelopes to sign up for their services...I will also make use of the prepaid envelope to mail back their crap.

Maybelater
10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nobb

+1. Also when companies send junkmail but with prepaid envelopes to sign up for their services...I will also make use of the prepaid envelope to mail back their crap.

This only works in the USA though

http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/

whiskas
10-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I put a "NO AD MAIL" sticker inside my mail slot yesterday. And today, no junk mail, it works!

Hallowed_point
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
I put a "NO AD MAIL" sticker inside my mail slot yesterday. And today, no junk mail, it works!

Yes it does, but keep it a secret otherwise they might do the unthinkable, and stop publishing junk mail :eek:

lilmira
10-20-2011, 03:21 PM
JpUqLjjKk4Y

zipdoa
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Why do I still get mail from religious groups when I clearly state on my mailbox 'NO ADMAIL'?

CUG
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
^^^ Is that banerjee??? Wow, talk about bollywood gangster.

Bannerjee, you're on the internet, you're therefore fair comment, goof.

Davetronz
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
I also have a post-it note in my mailbox with "no ad-mail" on it, and it eliminates any of that junk mail.

I also recently added a note that tells them not to deliver any mail addressed to the last name of the person who previously lived here, since I was getting about 5-10 pieces of mail a week addressed to them. After a few years I got sick and tired of returning them to sender marked "no longer at this address".

Mckenzie
10-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I bought a sticker that told them I did not want any and put it below my mailbox. That was about 8 weeks ago and they havent stopped sending it...I had better luck taping a piece of paper with NO JUNKMAIL written on mailbox on past houses. I'm tempted to rig a contraption that sprays pepper spray everytime a walmart flyer is delivered in the box.

Feruk
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by nobb

Yes! I do a slight variety of this technique. I use the pre-paid envelope to send not just their crap back, but I pack all the flyers I get into the envelope.