PDA

View Full Version : s4 or s5?

Blue
10-19-2011, 03:07 PM
whats the difference between the interiors ?
which one would be an ideal daily driver /

schocker
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Blue
whats the difference between the interiors ?
which one would be an ideal daily driver /
Nothing really :dunno:
For daily driver, the S4 would be more practical for now with it using less fuel with the supercharged v6 vs the v8 in the S5.

Personally I love the looks of the S5 and would choose that over the S4 for fun, but the sedan might be more practical for you.

Tik-Tok
10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Regularly drive with only one friend/girl in the car? - S5
Regularly drive with more than one friend/girl in the car? - S4

Xtrema
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I assume you are comparing B8 S4 and S5.

S4 comes with 3.0T engine only.

S5 comes with 4.2 for older models and 3.0T only starting this year.

S5 can have wider tires than S4.

S5 has a moonroof, not a sunroof.

Other than that, the interior is almost identical.

Mibz
10-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
S5 has a moonroof, not a sunroof. I thought a moonroof was a sunroof, like a square is a rectangle.

"Roof" now looks and sounds funny to me, godamnit.

schocker
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
S5 comes with 4.2 for older models and 3.0T only starting this year.

S5 won't be 3.0T until 2013 MY

So S5 moonroof is only glass that tilts and no slide?
I am confused now.

1-Bar
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
4 doors is more practical as a dd imo. So my vote is S4

Xtrema
10-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I thought a moonroof was a sunroof, like a square is a rectangle.

"Roof" now looks and sounds funny to me, godamnit.

I guess my definition is a bit different. I always though moonroof is just a plane of glass, can't open. Now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, S5's roof is just plane of glass, it pops open but doesn't slide back in any fashion.

Mibz
10-19-2011, 04:59 PM
As far as I knew a sunroof was anything that allowed light through the roof, whether that be a fixed piece of glass or an opaque peace of fabric that moved way. A moonroof was coined specifically for in-built, glass sliding sunroofs but generally applies to all glass sunroofs now, moveable or not.

At least that's how I see it. It's something that nobody seems to agree on which is why I asked for clarification.

dimi
10-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I'd take the S4 just because of the engine. The 4.2 V8 has been around for a while and isn't anything special. If the S5 had the 3.0T then S5 all the way.

benyl
10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
The S5 cab has the 3.0T

BrownTown
10-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Interior wise they're basically identical. I went with the s4 cuz of the engine and DCT transmission option. The s5 is a gorgeous looking car and if the coupe had the supercharged v6 in it (currently only the vert has it) then I woulda gotten that. Waiting a year (orders start in April delivery in September) wasn't an option for me.

The s4 is still a great looking car and its really fast. Either one is a good dd it's just a personal preference. Do u want the look of the s5 and the v8 (which some ppl love) or do u want the option of the DSG gearbox and the supercharged engine. Only real way to decide is drive both and see which one you prefer!

kenny
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Just to add to the whole sunroof/moonroof. Here is how I think its mostly classified:

Sunroof = retracts either above or into vehicle.
moonroof = fixed position or tilt upwards (no tracks)

In terms of which vehicle is better for daily driver, both vehicles are just as capable and comfortable it all boils down to preferences. Do you carry back seat passengers often?

K3RMiTdot
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
S4, if your planning to hull peeepsss

civiclvr
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Just to add to the whole sunroof/moonroof. Here is how I think its mostly classified:

Sunroof = retracts either above or into vehicle.
moonroof = fixed position or tilt upwards (no tracks)

In terms of which vehicle is better for daily driver, both vehicles are just as capable and comfortable it all boils down to preferences. Do you carry back seat passengers often?

learn something new everyday.. I always thought a Moonroof retracts down into the car, whereas a sunroof opens up over the top

OT: My vote is S4. its rare I'd choose a sedan over a coupe, but imho the sedan seems classier and definately more convienent for the cash.

dirtsniffer
10-19-2011, 07:11 PM
i would say sedan. you don't gain anything with the coupe IMO, just lose space.

benyl
10-19-2011, 08:43 PM
sunroof vs moonroof:

http://autorepair.about.com/od/glossary/a/sun_vs_moon_roof.htm

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=9&gs_id=y&xhr=t&q=sunroof+vs+moonroof&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=sunroof+v&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4d6e928658d79516&biw=1280&bih=671