PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN 93 Toyota Celica Pearl White Hatchback

hondazone
10-19-2011, 10:17 PM
So i had this parked at a friends house for over 1 year its a 1993 Toyota Celica GTS hatchback pearl White in color, there was no plate and i got no insurance on it so im out all the cash i put into this car, it was stolen from Marlborough Park NE, someone towed it out because they had to move all the garbage bins out of the way to make a wide turn when towning it, its missing the front grills between the headlights and boltd onto the hood, i always got those junk removal guys leaving notes if it was for sale but i just threw them out and i guy someone helped themselves to taking it, i drove by a few junk yards didnt see anything,
if u know anything PM me or call the poilce, thanks

Hage69
10-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Good luck man, it's gunna be harder to find without any plates. Just had my car jacked last week so we're in the same boat atm.

xnvy
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Damn, that sucks. Maybe those junkyard guys thought it was abandoned? Anyways I'll keep an eye out for it. Good luck man, hope you find your car.

J-hop
10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Have you checked with impound yet. I thought there was a bylaw recently passed that any inoperable vehicle may be towed if not stored in a garage. Maybe a neighbor got sick of staring at it?? Just a thought...

Kloubek
10-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Thats what I was thinking. An uninsured car with no plates sitting for over a year seems like a likely candidate for the city to take away.

hondazone
10-19-2011, 11:32 PM
I called the impound they dont got it and the police checked also im sure its someone that needed parts and just didnt want to pay for them, the car is not a junker so it wasnt in anyones way and all the neighbours are all my friends and they knew it was mine and i asked them if they seen anything but no one did, but when they towed it they moved the black garbage and blue recycle bins out of the way to make the wide turn to tow it out, they towed it in the middle of the day between 3pm-8-9pm people these days no respect.

imhungry
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
The city can't tow your uninsured/unregistered car if it's on private property.

This is going to be a tough find. So many possibilities. No one suspects a thing when a tow truck pulls up to tow a car cause its just a tow truck... So even if people saw they wouldn't be suspicious of much.

So could be anyone with a tow truck... Now most people with tow trucks will be some form of business. Car thieves and joy riders won't drive around towing cars. So if it's gone it's gone to be chopped up for parts professionally.

Could be someone who called a tow truck to tow the car off your property for them. With the tow company having no knowledge assisting in stealing a car.

What I would do is pull out the yellow pages and kindly call up all the tow companies and ask if they remember towing a white 1993 Toyota Celica from Marlborough at a specified time. Maybe this will lead you to some hints.

It's worth a try. Good luck!

HyperZell
10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hondazone
I called the impound they dont got it and the police checked also im sure its someone that needed parts and just didnt want to pay for them, the car is not a junker so it wasnt in anyones way and all the neighbours are all my friends and they knew it was mine and i asked them if they seen anything but no one did, but when they towed it they moved the black garbage and blue recycle bins out of the way to make the wide turn to tow it out, they towed it in the middle of the day between 3pm-8-9pm people these days no respect.

I counted three commas and one period in this entire...thing. Holy man.

I do hope you find your car though.

J.D.
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Shitty hope you get er back.

AndyL
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by imhungry

So could be anyone with a tow truck... Now most people with tow trucks will be some form of business. Car thieves and joy riders won't drive around towing cars. So if it's gone it's gone to be chopped up for parts professionally.

You'd be surprised... Tow trucks sales aren't exactly regulated. I know of quite a few that aren't owned by a business.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/oct/05/tow-truck-driver-arrested-stealing-police-target-v-ar-1466933/

Theft of tow trucks is a semi-regular occurrence too, and we all know F(3,4,5)50's are ridiculously hard to steal...

Never mind all the tow dollies etc out there; lots of those 'dissapear' from Uhaul too :)

J-hop
10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by imhungry
The city can't tow your uninsured/unregistered car if it's on private property.

Actually as per the new bylaw they can. Towing derelict/inoperable vehicles off public property has always been legal and with the new bylaw now so is towing them off private property.

2007RS4
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks for J-hop stating the facts. That car could have eventually killed someone.