PDA

View Full Version : supercharger???

MM93
01-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Can you intercool a supercharged motor??
I need an explaination?? i cant think of how it would work.??

bmeier
01-25-2004, 04:40 PM
yes, it is exact same as a turbo. the exit of the SC/turbo goes through the intercooler and then into the intake.

Ekliptix
01-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Here's an air-to-water intercooler on a supercharged car.

http://www.moldestuket.com/fff9.jpg

illeagle
01-25-2004, 04:52 PM
unless you have the other kind...supercharger/intake manifold.. screw type? I forget what they call it..

That snail type supercharger, like the one in ekliptix's pic, is the only one you can intercool, and you can add a BOV too :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
01-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
unless you have the other kind...supercharger/intake manifold.. screw type? I forget what they call it..

That snail type supercharger, like the one in ekliptix's pic, is the only one you can intercool, and you can add a BOV too :thumbsup:

Werd...and Eaton Roots type when its one piece with the intake cannot be I/C'ed...

1-Bar
01-25-2004, 04:59 PM
No s/c motors do not use the same method to cool charged air like turbos. The s/c replaces the intake manifold, so if you have a regular intercooler setup, your not cooling charged air.....for a s/c you need to rip apart the s/c itself and wrap tubes around the intake runners and setup w/ an air to water intercooler...This is as far as the Jacksonracing s/c....

MM93
01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
So from the sounds of you can not I/C a corrado....unless you place the intercooler between the turbine and the ITM. I can see it now thanks. Any suggestion my friend want to up grade his engine.
Any suggestions from the VW guys??

Roaring G60
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
are you talk a G60 or a VR6?? what charger are you looking at?? Cause the G60 rado has a intercooler all ready in the drivers side fender.

bmeier
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
not all SC's replace the intake manifold infact most do not. i have an roots type blower on my car and it is intercooled.