PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Fantasy Hockey Team!

mikey_p
10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Hey guys.. I joined a keeper pool with one of my best friends this year. I wasn't really sure on drafting and all that.. It was WAY different than my ESPN hockey pools and yahoo pools the last 5 years.. None the less I ended up with an ok team but seems like im slipping back early on.. Just wanted to see if you could assist me in my team or any ideas.. Below is my team and the league info.

F1 Corey Perry Anh
F2 Henrik Zetterberg Det
F4 Ilya Kovalchuk NJ
F5 Mikko Koivu Min
F6 Marian Gaborik NYR
F7 Alexander Semin Was
F8 Jamie Benn Dal
F9 Marian Hossa Chi
F10 Teemu Selanne Anh
F11 Bryan Little Wpg
F12 Vinny Prospal Cls
F13 Pierre-Marc Bouchard Min
F14 Patrik Elias NJ
D15 Dustin Byfuglien Wpg
D16 Ryan Whitney Edm
D17 Chris Pronger Phi
D18 Jonathon Blum Nsh
D19 Zach Bogosian Wpg
D20 Andrei Markov Mon
G21 Pekka Rinne Nsh
G22 Jimmy Howard Det

Our pool is all points however you lose the players points if you drop.. For example if player "A" has 30 points and you substitute with player"B" you will lose points from both and start at "0". I guess this stops people from picking up players off waivers at year end with more points to help with standings.. Kinda confusing.. Anyway like i said..

22 player total.. must have 5 def, 12 fwd, 1 goalie.. other 4 spots are open spots.. All points.. 10 teams total..

Thanks in advance guys..

88CRX
10-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Who's available to pick up?

Get rid of Markov, he's coming back from a major knee injury and he's old. He won't even play till November at the earliest.

You have a bunch of guys that are off to slow starts, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

mikey_p
10-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Top 30 picks available are listed below...

I only need 5 D spots so i was thinking of dropping markov or blum to pickup Matt Read or Jussi Jokinen.. I only get one waiver pick per month.. Gotta make it good.

1 David Legwand C Nsh
2 Marc-Andre Bergeron D TB
3 Joffrey Lupul LW Tor
4 Kris Versteeg LW Fla
5 Simon Gagne LW LA
6 Matt Cooke LW Pit
7 Pascal Dupuis LW Pit
8 Matt Read RW Phi
9 Milan Michalek LW Ott
10 Alex Steen C StL
11 Jason Arnott C StL
12 Steve Ott C Dal
13 Sheldon Souray D Dal
14 Jussi Jokinen LW Car
15 Guillaume Latendresse LW Min
16 Ryan O'Reilly C Col
17 Jason Chimera LW Was
18 Marcus Johansson C Was
19 Matt Cullen C Min
20 Rich Peverley C Bos
21 Jiri Hudler LW Det
22 Chris Higgins LW Van
23 Sami Salo D Van
24 Bryan Bickell LW Chi
25 Craig Smith C Nsh
26 Mike Knuble RW Was
27 Alex Burmistrov C Wpg
28 Daymond Langkow C Pho
29 Nathan Gerbe C Buf
30 Tyler Bozak Tor

Mr_John
10-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I would go with Versteeg.
Lupul is ripping it up with Kessel but I don't see it lasting. Lupul also has had injury problems the last couple of years.

Don't know much about Read other than his 4 point night last game. He probably doesn't get much ice or PP time behind a deep Philly roster.

Edit: Couple other picks that might not be in the Top 30 are Luke Adam or P.A Parenteu

aznlee
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Gagne would also be a good pickup, hes playing well with kopitar and should stay on that line for the rest of the season

themack89
10-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Look into a spot for Fabian Brunnstrom..

Babcock wants to find a spot for him, and you know how Detroit is at developing those europeans.

Healthy scratch for the first several games though.

I like your team aside from that..

Kavy
10-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by aznlee
Gagne would also be a good pickup, hes playing well with kopitar and should stay on that line for the rest of the season

Remember the last time Gagne played a full season? Either does anyone else. He is bad news.

Johansson will get 40 this year easy might get 50 because he's getting prime minutes and on the 2nd PP unit.

Lupul will probably net 50 but is always injured.

Legwand is a lock for 50 as well.

mikey_p
10-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr_John
I would go with Versteeg.
Lupul is ripping it up with Kessel but I don't see it lasting. Lupul also has had injury problems the last couple of years.

Don't know much about Read other than his 4 point night last game. He probably doesn't get much ice or PP time behind a deep Philly roster.

Edit: Couple other picks that might not be in the Top 30 are Luke Adam or P.A Parenteu

Both Luke Adam and PA Parenteu are taken.. I was thinking about Jussi Jokinen.. He's playing with staal and skinner on the PP and first line.. He's getting good exposure.. Another would be dropping Markov for bergeron.. I dont see that point streak lasting though..

2002civic
10-22-2011, 12:43 PM
mihalek has looked good beside spezza and even tough ottawa sucks someone has to score

88CRX
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I'd drop Markov for Lupul, Jokinen or Latondresse (sp).

If Lupul stays healthy he has the most potential on that list.

skyfx
10-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
I'd drop Markov for Lupul, Jokinen or Latondresse (sp).

If Lupul stays healthy he has the most potential on that list.

If everones healthy on that list it would be Gagne easily has the most potential, the only one with a realistic chance at 70+ points.

I'd say just take the gamble with Gagne, he might get injured but he's been good for 40~ points in 60~ games for the last couple years, which is more then most of the other guys on the list do in a full season and if he manages to stay healthy then you're golden.

mikey_p
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
is markov worth keeping??? Should i ditch Blum instead? I only have one pickup per month.. meaning novembers i would be done for waivers.. Markov is supposed to be back in november or getting close.. Blum might not get me many points..

mikey_p
10-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok... things changed last night.. now i have pronger hurt... and a rule that i didnt know..

Ok so turns out the top 12 forwards, top 5 defence, and top 1 goalie count towards my points.. YEARLY STATS... For example my bottom two forwards that the points dont count are Zetterburg and Little. Because my top 12 players have more points then them they dont count for me unless they overcome anothe rplayer.. Kinda confusing.. My defense is the same.. This throws a whole new curve into things..

Whats the sense on having two goalies?

Should I pick up another D so i have extra..Now that markov and pronger are out still.. ?

Mr_John
10-25-2011, 10:48 AM
How do goalie points work? Win = 1 pt and SO = 2 pts?

mikey_p
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Shut outs and wins are both 2 points..

Mr_John
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I'd keep both goalies as both will give you at least 30 wins and a few shut outs.

Pronger will most likely be out at least two or three weeks.I would probably drop either Blum or Pronger. I still stand by Versteeg.

mikey_p
10-25-2011, 11:49 AM
but lets say rinne and howard are close..

rinne 30 wins = 60 points
howard 32 wins = 64 points

that means rinne's points and shoutout points dont count all season..

Right now howard has 4 wins and 1 shutout = 10 points
Right now Rinne has 3 wins and 1 shutout = 8 points

Rinne's 8 points dont count for me because only your top goalie counts.. (which is howard with 10 points)

same goes for the forwards.. only the top 12 count and the top 5 defense..

It's messed up to me..

The way i look at it.. I should have went really hard on forwards and defense and left goalies till end..

The guy in first place has anderson and ward... Went crazy on forwards and defense..

mikey_p
10-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Versteeg is starting to look good.. He's hott right now and playing 1st line min and powerplay with florida.. Might be worth the pick.. Might slow down though... I like Gagne but he has slowed down drasticlly in LA.