PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having Shaw Internet issues now?

redevil
10-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Is anyone else having Shaw Internet issues over the last few days? I am having very slow connections with pages not showing up. I thought it might be my wireless router but I have checked by connecting directly to the modem with still the same results. I am posting this from my iPhone which is way faster at the moment since Shaw seems to be down for me. I am in the NW in Evanston BTW.

I am on hold with Shaw's technical line...4 hour wait time!!! WTF, is there seriously an issue on their end??

More and more I am starting to consider canceling with Shaw and trying out Telus!!

:banghead:

schocker
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I am in sage hill and have never had issues with shaw since moving in :dunno:

Dilmah
10-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Ha ha, four hour wait... that's why I'm with Telus now. Shaw will tell you it's not them, it's you! Then proceed to go through a bunch of bullshit processes in random order. Release/renew ip, dicconnect the co-ax line and touch it up againsi something metal, Have some fun with this one, I told them my friend was mental and will he work? after a few back and forth comments I told him I touched it against a dime I had in my pocket... then they'll tell you you need to exchange the moden and if you're really lucky then reinstall windows. All of these are done to stall you while they are trying to fix the problem, then when the problem is fixed they can say "see, I told you reinstalling Windows would work and it was your fault"

tictactoe2004
10-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by redevil
I am on hold with Shaw's technical line...4 hour wait time!!! WTF, is there seriously an issue on their end??

Other than not being able to get close to max speeds anymore, I have not had any issues thankfully. I think my internet slowing down has something to do with all the tech visits trying to fix my gateway because it was fine before that, now I get a max of 50-55 mbps down instead of the 85-95 I was able to get before.

4+ hour wait time is 100% normal for Shaw now... Good luck.

Fuck you Shaw, fuck you.

AndyL
10-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm thinking they're doing some upgrades... There's been 2-3 shaw vans parked up and down my street since wed/thurs-ish. Just out for a smoke - they're there again today...

There was a ditchwitch pushing a shitload of new line box -> box earlier in the week too, made a huge mess of my neighbours lawn...

Phenix
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
oh dont worry. if you actually plan on waiting the fourr hoursthey will fuck up the call and hang up without actually talking to you..

Hot_Wheelz
10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I heard shaw was getting some crazy 250mb/s download speed.. maybe it has something to do with that upgrade? idk

MrSector9
10-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
oh dont worry. if you actually plan on waiting the fourr hoursthey will fuck up the call and hang up without actually talking to you..

SHAW makes me want to kill myself :(

edit: after waiting 15 minutes... "hello... hung up"
EDIT: after waiting 20 minutes... "we ar enow transferri....." hung up

lellowrx7
10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I was having the same issues at the start of the week.
I called shaw and they said there was no issues with my connection nor was there communal outages.
I went and unplugged my wireless router and plugged it back in, and same with the shaw modem. the issues went away. Back to full speed service.

I'm gonna assume you've tried the basics already but I thought I'd share my success story :)

alloroc
10-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Lost phone and internet for an hour and a half today in South Calgary.

The 'recording' stated between 40 minutes and 1 hour for call back. That was at 3:27, it is now 5:27 and they have yet to call back.

Edit I have to say this is the first time we have had a problem with them in a long time

... but
no contact with customer service in over two hours is also a first and it is quite alarming.

MrSector9
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Got my stuff fixed, spoke with customer service, they told me that a mistake was made and no tech would be out to my house today, I go into shaw building to pick up another modem, whiel I am there the shaw tech shows up at my house..... luckily my gf was here to get everything fixed.

tictactoe2004
10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by alloroc
Lost phone and internet for an hour and a half today in South Calgary.

The 'recording' stated between 40 minutes and 1 hour for call back. That was at 3:27, it is now 5:27 and they have yet to call back.

Edit I have to say this is the first time we have had a problem with them in a long time

... but
no contact with customer service in over two hours is also a first and it is quite alarming.

Apparently as of June or July 2011 they stopped giving two shits about the quality and reliability of their service as well as customer service.

Anyone care to wager how long it will be before we see Shaw offering multi-year contracts? Because at this rate they won't be able to keep their doors open long with their current no contract business model since it requires, you know, happy customers and working equipment.

Palmiros
10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
This is absolute bull crap. I've had problems for a couple weeks now. I was on an extreme 25mbps connection and got shit all for download/upload speeds. I went and upgraded to their broadband 50mbps connection and now it's even worse!
I'm on the line, waiting for tech support to pick up right now. It's all on them right now though, as the new modem has wifi built in so no more excuses about my "faulty routers". I am in Evanston too by the way..

Sdeibert
10-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros
This is absolute bull crap. I've had problems for a couple weeks now. I was on an extreme 25mbps connection and got shit all for download/upload speeds. I went and upgraded to their broadband 50mbps connection and now it's even worse!
I'm on the line, waiting for tech support to pick up right now. It's all on them right now though, as the new modem has wifi built in so no more excuses about my "faulty routers". I am in Evanston too by the way..

I'm the same way.. my Extreme-I connection was faster then my broadband 50. Although when I first got broadband 50 I had great speeds upwards of 6-8mB from Newsgroups now i'm back to Extreme-I speeds of 2-3mB.

bigbadboss101
10-30-2011, 01:49 PM
This morning I was getting between 35-45 mbps directly connected to wifi modem. Right now in my basement I am getting about 7-9 mbps. I guess one can phone in and express their dissatisfaction and see if they can fix the issue or give you some extra packages to make it worth while?

schocker
10-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
This morning I was getting between 35-45 mbps directly connected to wifi modem. Right now in my basement I am getting about 7-9 mbps. I guess one can phone in and express their dissatisfaction and see if they can fix the issue or give you some extra packages to make it worth while?
That is on wifi though, in your basement. Wouldn't that have a detrimental effect on your speed to begin with :dunno:

redevil
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Mine seems to be working fine now, but not sure what was wrong with it to begin with. Must have been issues on their end. Seems to me that Shaw has issues all around...but who else can we go to but Telus. :banghead:

thetransporter
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9

SHAW makes me want to kill myself :(

edit: after waiting 15 minutes... "hello... hung up"
EDIT: after waiting 20 minutes... "we ar enow transferri....." hung up

edit: after waiting 4 hours...call drops;
And another waiting 45 minutes on hold, call drops.