PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theaters

Zigo
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
You know, I was going to write something longer.

I hate movie theaters
I hate highschool kids

in b4

:whocares:

CompletelyNumb
10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
:drama:

J-hop
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Which ones do you go to. The absolute worst ones I've been to are crowfoot, chinook and sundrige (sunridge being the worst of the bunch). I find at those ones there are a high number of people that don't come to watch the movies (talking the whole time, goofing off the whole time, or the absolute worst people are those texting during the movie and you essentially have a flashlight shining in your eyes the whole movie)

My favorite one is empire 16, it isn't as accessible to the HS masses, people are decently respectful to those around them and it is rarely busy.

Disoblige
10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Surprisingly I haven't been annoyed in theaters for a long time.

From what I've seen, people have no problems telling people to shut the fuck up if they are goofing around immensely.

403Gemini
10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
I find going week nights to a 9 pm ish showing helps... high school kids generally are home around then.

Zigo
10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Went to the one in country hills (Studio-16) to see paranormal activity 3, I've never seen so many kids talking in the theater.

Worst part of it all was the kid behind me took his shoes and socks off to go get popcorn (WTF). Then he came back with his popcorn and put his bare feet on the seat right next to mine. I almost lost it on him.

:barf:

95EG6P
10-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Zigo
Went to the one in country hills (Studio-16) to see paranormal activity 3, I've never seen so many kids talking in the theater.

Worst part of it all was the kid behind me took his shoes and socks off to go get popcorn (WTF). Then he came back with his popcorn and put his bare feet on the seat right next to mine. I almost lost it on him.

:barf:

lmao

pf0sh0
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I know exactly what you mean man....

Westhills theater when paranormal 2 came out and the theater was all high school kids yelling and screaming the whole time. The theater staff had to sit in the theater and monitor them the whole movie cause they wouldn't shut the fuck up.

worst movie experience I've ever had in my life..

lasimmon
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I usually just yell "How about a little less talking and a little more shut the fuck up" and they usually stop chatting.

Or else they just laugh and keeep at it, in which I go get a refund.

WhippWhapp
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Home + front projector + THX sound system + theater seating > movie theater any day.

Between people texting, talking, kicking your seat and the obscene pricing on everything, the only time I go out to see a movie is when I receive passes as a gift.

desi112
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
wow people are getting uber sensitive. I myself have never been annoyed at a theatre; I have noticed the activities mentioned but just dont care

J-hop
10-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by desi112
wow people are getting uber sensitive. I myself have never been annoyed at a theatre; I have noticed the activities mentioned but just dont care

I don't think so at all, if you go with your significant other you spend $25 on tickets another $15 on food, so you've spent $40 to enjoy a movie and you get a bunch of pricks that have no clue how to function in public ruining the experience. Call me oversensitive but if every 5 minutes there is a bright screen in my eyes moving around while i'm trying to watch a movie I just paid $40 to see, or people that won't shut up or do the running commentary on everything happening in the movie, i'm going to be understandably pissed off.

What has happened is people have lost respect for those around them, not that the people around them need to lighten up IMO.

Hell I was in sunridge last year and a group of kids walked in late to the movie, were obviously shitfaced, yelling and laughing loudly, then lit up a joint and started smoking it until security came and kicked them out. It was a bizarre experience to say the least, but I guess some parts of society have sunk pretty low haha

DeeK
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
If thats the case, just leave halfway through, ask for your money back, and lay into them a bit for allowing the entire school into the theatre at once.

Zigo
10-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

I don't think so at all, if you go with your significant other you spend $25 on tickets another $15 on food, so you've spent $40 to enjoy a movie and you get a bunch of pricks that have no clue how to function in public ruining the experience. Call me oversensitive but if every 5 minutes there is a bright screen in my eyes moving around while i'm trying to watch a movie I just paid $40 to see, or people that won't shut up or do the running commentary on everything happening in the movie, i'm going to be understandably pissed off.

What has happened is people have lost respect for those around them, not that the people around them need to lighten up IMO.

Hell I was in sunridge last year and a group of kids walked in late to the movie, were obviously shitfaced, yelling and laughing loudly, then lit up a joint and started smoking it until security came and kicked them out. It was a bizarre experience to say the least, but I guess some parts of society have sunk pretty low haha

:clap:

Mar
10-23-2011, 07:59 PM
When I went o see Fast Five, a woman right behind me had her kid that was maybe 1 year old and he was making a fucking racket the entire time, he would not shut up. Who the fuck takes a 1-2 year old kid to a R rated movie? Or MA17 or whatever the rating is on that.

403Gemini
10-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by desi112

Nope. People are just turning into inconsiderate fucktwads and not caring about the other people around them.

Tell you what, you pay for a movie for you and your wife/girlfriend, and I'll sit in front of you and turn the brightness to a max on my iphone and just keep it on the entire movie, tell me how much you enjoy it... I'll also invite a few friends and talk non-stop in front of you and take a few calls and talk loudly into my phone, you know, so the person i'm speaking too can hear me. :thumbsup: That cool?

AE92_TreunoSC
10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
I had kids smoke a joint in country hills, no one could spot who did it either.

I wont watch movies at Crowfoot, Sunridge or Country Hills anymore.

I drive out to westhills, its quiet and usually a better class of people.

pf0sh0
10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
I had kids smoke a joint in country hills, no one could spot who did it either.

I wont watch movies at Crowfoot, Sunridge or Country Hills anymore.

I drive out to westhills, its quiet and usually a better class of people.

I would usually go to westhills too... no train station = less kids lol (i think anyways)

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Nope. People are just turning into inconsiderate fucktwads and not caring about the other people around them.

Tell you what, you pay for a movie for you and your wife/girlfriend, and I'll sit in front of you and turn the brightness to a max on my iphone and just keep it on the entire movie, tell me how much you enjoy it... I'll also invite a few friends and talk non-stop in front of you and take a few calls and talk loudly into my phone, you know, so the person i'm speaking too can hear me. :thumbsup: That cool?

you forgot to add some guy kicking his seat.

dirtsniffer
10-23-2011, 09:09 PM
i find chinook the worst. I had some kid back talk me when I told him to shut up. then another guy told him off.. lol

i like the one down in shaugnessy now

403Gemini
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
i find chinook the worst. I had some kid back talk me when I told him to shut up. then another guy told him off.. lol

i like the one down in shaugnessy now

Yeah I usually go to the one in Shawnessy, but it can get a bit filled with teenagers on weekends.

Its nice when other people tell them to fuck off when you stand up, buts its AGGRAVATING when you tell a kid to shut up, and then they back talk you and nobody else says anything, its like it almost makes the little shits talk more or do whatever they were doing. I honestly wish I could beat other peoples kids

CompletelyNumb
10-24-2011, 01:33 PM
....why don't you then?

I smacked a kid once for back talking me. He shut up real fast.

Probably a bad call on my part but oh well :dunno: