PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Hot & Juicy Cheeseburger at Wendy's

Guillermo
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
has anyone else tried this? I had one for lunch today. They are advertising it as having a bigger patty and "premium" ingredients. The first thing I noticed is that it comes wrapped in paper and standing up sideways in a box. i thought that was kinda cheesy cause they are obviously trying to make it look like In n' Out. The burger itself was good. The patty was definately thicker than their usual ones, but the ingredients didn't seem any better than they usually give you. I think it might of had red onions, but i don't know if I would call them premium. particularly since the tomato they gave me was literally translucent white. :rofl:

masoncgy
10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Yes, I had one the other day at lunch. Thought I would give it a try as I don't normally eat Wendy's burgers. I also noticed the burger was served sideways, half wrapped, in a box.

It was decent... I would say better than what I am used to at Wendy's, but they are still a very bland burger. I almost always eat some sort of chicken item at Wendy's, usually the spicy chicken sandwich... can't go wrong there... :drool:

Mozza burger with pickles & onions... yum.

ExtraSlow
10-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Tomatoes in Calgary are terrible. it's nearly always worth it to ask them to leave it off.

Haven't tried this burger yet, will check into it next week for lunch.

Boat
10-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Can't wait to sink my teeth into Dave's hot and juicy.

Wraith
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Boat
Can't wait to sink my teeth into Dave's hot and juicy.

:rofl:

Kloubek
10-23-2011, 09:02 PM
I had one on Friday. I thought it was pretty good - though it was still just comparable to a McDonalds Angus burger, imo.

Still - much better than we have typically come to expect from a fast food joint.

nrt_vw
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I had one on Friday. I thought it was pretty good - though it was still just comparable to a McDonalds Angus burger, imo.

Still - much better than we have typically come to expect from a fast food joint.

I do like the mcdonalds angus burger but i was hoping the daves juicy burger would better than that

ExtraSlow
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Had the "Hot n Juicy" today, and it was okay. Not a big step up from where the burgers were before, but tasty nonetheless.

Seemed like the pickes were improved, more crunch to them.

This was at the 5th Ave Place location, which is admittedly, near the bottom of the barrel.

CompletelyNumb
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
They taste better then what Wendy's had before. Still better than any burger McDonalds can produce. Teen Burgers are still the best fast food burger you can get in this city. IMO.

GT4rally
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
Teen Burgers are still the best fast food burger you can get in this city. IMO.

I would have to agree with that... although the Angus Deluxe from McD's is pretty damn good!

sputnik
10-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Whopper > Angus Deluxe

masoncgy
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
They taste better then what Wendy's had before. Still better than any burger McDonalds can produce. Teen Burgers are still the best fast food burger you can get in this city. IMO.

If you like the taste of A&W burgers, seriously get a Mozza burger with pickles & onions on it. They taste amazing... waaay better than without.

Unless you don't like pickles and/or onions, it's a major win. Flawless victory. Whatever you want to call it!

I have converted many people to these upgraded Mozza burgers. Try it!

Neil4Speed
10-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy

I will have to try this, and Daves Hot and Juicy.

Big Bacon Classics with Chicken Nuggets stuffed in topped with a bit of honey mustard is pretty epic though.

As is my standard Double Cheeseburger with a little big mac sauce.

Or Jr.McChicken with a bit of Spicy thai

CompletelyNumb
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally

I would have to agree with that... although the Angus Deluxe from McD's is pretty damn good!

I tried one once... it was dripping in grease and had easily 3 tablespoons of mayo on it. Obviously a bad job by whomever made it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth I haven't tried one since.

CompletelyNumb
10-24-2011, 02:56 PM

If you like the taste of A&W burgers, seriously get a Mozza burger with pickles & onions on it. They taste amazing... waaay better than without.

Unless you don't like pickles and/or onions, it's a major win. Flawless victory. Whatever you want to call it!

Sounds good. I'll check it out. :werd:

Ukyo8
10-24-2011, 03:01 PM

I tried one once... it was dripping in grease and had easily 3 tablespoons of mayo on it. Obviously a bad job by whomever made it, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth I haven't tried one since.

:werd:
I had one once, it was pretty disgusting I didn't even finish it

RBPiranha
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
The chicken sandwiches are also wrapped in paper and standing in a box. Nothin special and overpriced imo. The bacon and cheese angus deluxe from mcdonalds is the best!

nykz
10-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Tried one today, wasn't anything special. Maybe mine was made horrible but it was dripping with grease. :dunno:

heavyD
10-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I just tried a Ringmaster Whopper. I really enjoyed it. Bacon, Cheddar, Onion Rings and some sort of sweet BBQ sauce. It had a really nice taste IMO.

Guillermo
10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
^^that sounds awesome! whoppers are one of my favorite fast food burgers. it's just too bad that they closed down most of the BKs in YYC. :thumbsdow

themack89
10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo
^^that sounds awesome! whoppers are one of my favorite fast food burgers. it's just too bad that they closed down most of the BKs in YYC. :thumbsdow

Wat? There is still BKs remaining?? WHERE? I love their burgers.

I quote enjoy the Grandma burger that A&W is serving.

Guillermo
10-27-2011, 11:23 AM
there's one on macleod near 22x, also one on barlow and memorial-ish. there's also one on 52nd (i think) in teh NE, by that weird "super deal" or whatever it's called grocery store.

those are the only 3, i think.

me_dennis
10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
There's one near coventry hills as well

themack89
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Ah... No wonder I never knew about them. Those are all in the perfect locations of places I would never go.

slick2404
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
don't forget BK In bankers hall haha, and whats up with Wendys medium drink being the size of a large at mcdonalds?

sputnik
10-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo
there's one on macleod near 22x, also one on barlow and memorial-ish. there's also one on 52nd (i think) in teh NE, by that weird "super deal" or whatever it's called grocery store.

those are the only 3, i think.

There are 7 in Calgary

http://en.burgerking.ca/en/us/restaurant-locator/index.html

1barA4
11-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
whats up with Wendys medium drink being the size of a large at mcdonalds?

...I was thinking what's up with McDonald's getting rid of the LARGE McFlurry?

My wife is a sugar junkie and that "regular" mflurry just doesn't cut it :rofl:

sputnik
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 1barA4

...I was thinking what's up with McDonald's getting rid of the LARGE McFlurry?

My wife is a sugar junkie and that "regular" mflurry just doesn't cut it :rofl:

Is your wife a 300lb diabetic?

masoncgy
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't get the obsession with the Whopper. They are fucking disgusting unless you ask for major modifications, like ditch the tomato & gobs of ketchup & mayonnaise, add mustard, etc.

There's probably a reason why BK isn't cutting it in Calgary... their food is gross... :thumbsup:

DQ serves a mini blizzard now... basically two tablespoons of ice cream served up at a ridiculous profit margin. It only makes sense that McDonald's would move to this sort of scheme and eliminate the 'large' McFlurry at the same time.

Wendy's & their combo pricing is another scheme to get more money out of the customer. Here's 8 french fries... if you want 8 more, cough up some more dough!

I find DQ has the best pricing on that Sweet Deals thing if you want a filling but cheap fast food lunch. Those crispy Flame Thrower chicken wrap things are tasty.

clem24
11-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't get the obsession with the Whopper. They are fucking disgusting unless you ask for major modifications, like ditch the tomato & gobs of ketchup & mayonnaise, add mustard, etc.

There's probably a reason why BK isn't cutting it in Calgary... their food is gross... :thumbsup:

LOL ME TOO!! I tried a Whopper once and wanted to puke after the first bite. I gave it another chance and same reaction. It's so fucking gross.

Back on topic though: I was at the Crowfoot Wendy's a few weeks ago and they handed me a Bacon Deluxe in that half box thingy at the drive-thru. Why the heck are they doing that? My burger was completely cold by the time I got home, which was NEVER the case when it was wrapped in the foil wrapper.

Disoblige
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
This is why there's 1400 McDonalds in Canada and way less of the other competitors :D

You guys know what is worse? Harvey's.
Their patties taste so fucking disgusting. It's like frozen no-name patties you'd get at Superstore or something. And they boast freshness too. I don't care how fresh your toppings are if your patty is a POS.

clem24
11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

You guys know what is worse? Harvey's.
Their patties taste so fucking disgusting. It's like frozen no-name patties you'd get at Superstore or something. And they boast freshness too. I don't care how fresh your toppings are if your patty is a POS.

NO WAY man.. Love Harvey's!!! Fine their patties don't really feel like I am eating real ground beef (yes even McDick's does a better job of this) but it's one damn fine tasty burger, especially the double bacon cheese with poutine and free pop refills.

Harvey's burgers.. are like hot dog burgers. And hot dogs are also damn tasty hehehe...

masoncgy
11-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I am all about Harvey's burgers too... they are awesome... something we don't have around here in Nanaimo. I used to hit up the one on Macleod (around 75 Ave) all the time.

There was a BK right close by too... it's long gone though.

Banana peppers on a burger? Yes please!

Mibz
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
<3 Harvey's
My wife hates them though.

dirtsniffer
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I'd put Harvey's near the top also.. Used to love Wendy's for the spicy chicken, but over the last 10 years it's lost about half of its chicken

Disoblige
11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
What the hell lol..

clem24, how can you like it even though you can admit it doesn't taste like real ground beef? It's like elastic and so synthetic tasting and feeling.

Bleeeh.. :barf:

clem24
11-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
clem24, how can you like it even though you can admit it doesn't taste like real ground beef? It's like elastic and so synthetic tasting and feeling.

Same reason why I eat hot dogs and Chicken McNuggets. If it tastes good and won't kill me, then giddy up!!!

masoncgy
11-03-2011, 04:15 PM
It's all about the flavour... and Harvey's burger patties have an amazing flavour.

That's why I gripe about Wendy's burgers... they're bland. No flavour. At least BK & DQ burgers have that charbroiled taste... but it's nice to have something with a little seasoning.

Guillermo
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
ewwww, harvey's? worst burger in canada :barf:

masoncgy, i hear you about Wendy's burgers... they all taste the same, and I really don't like the taste. somehow the crappy lettuce+tomato+bun flavor overpowers everything else, and that's all you taste. the only one that I somewhat like from Wendy's is the one slathers in yellow "cheese" sauce and mushrooms. forget what it's called, but it doesn't taste like the rest of their crap.

masoncgy
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Bacon Mushroom Melt... :drool:

Now that is one tasty burger... I wonder when it's coming back for a visit?

Rat Fink
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM

calgarydub
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Wendys has always been my #1 place for burgers. I do NOT like what they have done. They have changed a classic flavor that many people have come to love by trying to reinvent the wheel.

The ingredients are not good. I taste waaaaay too much pickle, and if anyone has had Doritos Late Night Cheeseburger flavor chips, they will be able to compare the taste of those to these new burgers.

The fries are good, but for the love of god, LEAVE MY BURGER ALONE.

Dave would turn over in his grave if he saw what the fuck
Wendy was up to.

Cooked Rice
11-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by calgarydub
Wendys has always been my #1 place for burgers. I do NOT like what they have done. They have changed a classic flavor that many people have come to love by trying to reinvent the wheel.

The ingredients are not good. I taste waaaaay too much pickle, and if anyone has had Doritos Late Night Cheeseburger flavor chips, they will be able to compare the taste of those to these new burgers.

The fries are good, but for the love of god, LEAVE MY BURGER ALONE.

Dave would turn over in his grave if he saw what the fuck
Wendy was up to.

I liked how Wendy's was 5 years ago. Before they screwed with their combo's and sizing.

bourge73
11-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I agree. Its that fat bitch Wendy that is FN with the burgers. Had a nice cold one last night.... had to be the stupid new packaging. I live 5 mins from there and it was cold FML.

I will also say I think Whoppers are the worst burgers out there...they have all of the things I hate on my burger. Lettuce, Mayo, and Tomato :barf:

hurrdurr
11-05-2011, 09:45 AM
So are all the burger patties "hot and juicy" nowadays?

masoncgy
11-05-2011, 11:10 AM
^ When they're being cooked... yes.

Wendy's burgers have always been warm & greasy... and bland. Spicy chicken FTW... or chicken strips with honey mustard.

I like the new fries too.

Sdeibert
11-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I seen this today for the first time and though wtf are they doing with the packaging?? Glad I ordered a JBC, they still havent screwed that one up too much although the price keeps going up... .99, 1.39, 1.89.

Swank
11-06-2011, 01:44 AM
I had my first hot n juicy double cheese today, it was a buttery greasy mess. I hate myself for eating it and now I have chest pains. That coupled with them using sweet pickles instead of dill is just one giant swing and a miss. The price for just a burger is obscene too, I'll stick to my 2 jr deluxe and 2 JBC for under $7.

Zan
11-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I just wish they'd make Bacon Mushroom Melt available all year round. Who cares about Baconator anyway. BMM > all

n1zm0
11-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by calgarydub

+1 there was something great about Wendys back in the early 2000s that stuck with alot of us in HS. even friends who went to schools in the NW were very fond of late night Wendys on the weekends after partying. besides the burgers, i mean who else.offers drive through baked potatoes and chili??! which was also a favorite mix a friend would do.

i hadnt gone there in years until recently last year, when i asked for the classic #4 (BBC) i was shocked to hear the lady say will that be 1, 2 or 3 patties, since when do you need 3 fken patties on a big bacon classic??! when i had it i felt like i was eating a mcdicks QPer, bland and simple.

i think it was around the time they introduced the baconator that it started going all crappy quality stuff, the jbcs dont even taste like they used to anymore. as for those sea salt fries imo also subpar, way too salty imo.

btimbit
11-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Haven't been to Wendy's in years, think I'll go tonight and see if this new burger is any good.

CompletelyNumb
11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

+1 there was something great about Wendys back in the early 2000s that stuck with alot of us in HS. even friends who went to schools in the NW were very fond of late night Wendys on the weekends after partying. besides the burgers, i mean who else.offers drive through baked potatoes and chili??! which was also a favorite mix a friend would do.

i hadnt gone there in years until recently last year, when i asked for the classic #4 (BBC) i was shocked to hear the lady say will that be 1, 2 or 3 patties, since when do you need 3 fken patties on a big bacon classic??! when i had it i felt like i was eating a mcdicks QPer, bland and simple.

i think it was around the time they introduced the baconator that it started going all crappy quality stuff, the jbcs dont even taste like they used to anymore. as for those sea salt fries imo also subpar, way too salty imo.

JBC's were the shit back in highschool. My first job ever was at wendys when i was 14. Good times. I miss the 99c menu haha.

HiTempguy1
11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I hate the new packaging. I've given Wendy's 2 chances with buying a burger in the drive-thru and bringing it home to eat (less than 5 minute drive). That new packaging and the &quot;juicy&quot; patty means I have a sideways stacked burger that pukes itself out all over that flimsy paper wrapping by the time I get home. I'm not into eating my burger with a straw.

Fuck you Wendy and your whorish trendy twist on packaging a burger.

This and what calgarydub said. I literally declared at work one day I was NEVER eating Wendy's again after having had like the 10th disgusting burger in a month from them. Why wouldn't I just go to A&W or DQ for a delectable meal?

Fuck you Wendy's, and Fuck you Dave!

Dumbass17
11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
fuck i miss wendys

hurrdurr
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
I miss the Spicy Baconator :dunno: That was a real fucking mess but god damn if it wasn't a delicious masterpiece

mugensix
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
The king of burgers to me is the Angry whopper extra cheese and angry onions. Yes it clogs every artery and vein in my body instantaneously, but i deserve it after a hard day at work once in a while! Paired with a root beer and ANGRY poutine.. Omg im so fat

cancer man
11-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

This and what calgarydub said. I literally declared at work one day I was NEVER eating Wendy's again after having had like the 10th disgusting burger in a month from them. Why wouldn't I just go to A&amp;W or DQ for a delectable meal?

Fuck you Wendy's, and Fuck you Dave!

Had it yesterday..Don't blame Dave!this never would've happened on his watch.:thumbsdow

raceman6135
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I miss the 99c menu.

Me too ... especially when they had their country fried steak burger, or was it called chicken fried? Regardless, it was yummy and priced right for me as a university student in the early 1990s :)

clem24
12-08-2011, 01:17 PM
And now the "professionals" agree:

http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2011/12/wendys-new-daves-hot-n-juicy-is-thicker-but-not-so-juicy.html

TaiChino
12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I know they said it comes on a buttered bun, which would be fine if it didn't taste like it was dipped in a vat of butter...

TaiChino
12-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh and Bacon Mushroom melt should be a permanent fixture.

xnvy
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Same reason why I eat hot dogs and Chicken McNuggets. If it tastes good and won't kill me, then giddy up!!!
Are you sure those Chicken McNuggets won't kill you? Before (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/206441/MECHANICALLY-SEPARATED-CHICKEN-MCNUGGET.jpg) and after (http://www.thefatlossauthority.com/fat_loss_tips/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mcdonalds_chicken-mcnuggets-nutrition-facts_calories-in-mcnuggets.jpg).

Originally posted by TaiChino
Oh and Bacon Mushroom melt should be a permanent fixture. :werd:

sputnik
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by xnvy

Are you sure those Chicken McNuggets won't kill you? Before (http://i.huffpost.com/gen/206441/MECHANICALLY-SEPARATED-CHICKEN-MCNUGGET.jpg) and after (http://www.thefatlossauthority.com/fat_loss_tips/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mcdonalds_chicken-mcnuggets-nutrition-facts_calories-in-mcnuggets.jpg).

Chicken McNuggets are not made out of mechanically separated chicken.

clem24
12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Chicken McNuggets are not made out of mechanically separated chicken.

Yeah man... It's called "heaven" and deep fried for 5 minutes. They are so freakin' good AS SOON as they leave the deep fryer. So airy and crispy!!! :drool:

Here's a rant: why does 80% of McDs refuse to make me fresh nuggets?? I hate the shit that sits in their holding bin. I know cause I used to work there. They are good for 15 minutes (IIRC) but that doesn't stop the kid from pressing the timer again. IMHO, 2 minutes is the max it can go into those bins.

Yes I am a McNugget snob LOL and even if they pure deliciousness, I probably only order them once every 2-3 months LOL.