PDA

View Full Version : WTB: iPhone 4S (16gig)

shakalaka
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Looking for a white one. Willing to pay the full price it is at stores if brand new. Might think about 32gig if that's all I can find.

Unlocked or with Fido.

Need one ASAP.

Isaiah
10-23-2011, 11:22 PM
There is a kiosk in Market Mall called Best Buy Mobile which is just down the hall from the Apple Store. Apparently people just walk right by it not realizing that it's a multicarrier cellphone store so they usually have stock.

To put it in perspective, the other day when I picked up my 4S the Apple store had people in all day asking about it (according to an Apple employee) but Best Buy Mobile just steps away had received 5 of them earlier that morning (Rogers version) and were still all in stock.

Take that for what it's worth.

shakalaka
10-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the info. Are they able to sell the phones outright though? Like I was saying, I'll either need an unlocked or Fido version and would need to get it outright.

3nergiz3d
10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Thanks for the info. Are they able to sell the phones outright though? Like I was saying, I'll either need an unlocked or Fido version and would need to get it outright.

If you want an unlocked phone, it must be at an apple store. Otherwise, any carrier will offer you to the buy phone outright but will be locked.

cdnsir
10-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 3nergiz3d

If you want an unlocked phone, it must be at an apple store. Otherwise, any carrier will offer you to the buy phone outright but will be locked.

I thought all iPhones are shipped unlocked. They lock it right when you buy it ONLY IF you sign onto a contract instead of buying it out??

mittensthekitty
10-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by cdnsir

I thought all iPhones are shipped unlocked. They lock it right when you buy it ONLY IF you sign onto a contract instead of buying it out??

Nope. Any phones that are sold to a third-party retailer are already locked by IMEI on the iTunes activation servers. Only phone sold off-contract at full price through an Apple Retail Store or the Online Store are unlocked.

shakalaka
10-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I am scouting kijiji and people are just crazy asking ridiculous amounts of money. I would prefer an unlocked one but I suppose would take a Fdo one as well. Perhaps i'll check a couple of fido stores later today and see if any of them have stock and would sell me one outright.

shakalaka
10-24-2011, 12:31 PM
How can you unlock these? If I am able to find one locked to a network I can't use.

ganesh
10-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Every day Apple Stores are getting stock on 4S.
Starting from 21:00 Hrs you can go online a reserve a one (Unlocked or Locked to Fido) and then the following day you can go and pick it up.

shakalaka
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I've tried to do that for the past 2-3 days. Even tried right at 9:02 pm once and checked both stores. It shows 'unavailable' for every phone, every time.