PDA

View Full Version : foam for halloween costume

localgroup
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Hey, I'm planning on being the tin man for Halloween this year and I need something for the main body of the tin man suit ( torso ). I'm thinking thin foam or something similar that i can bend into a tube and spray paint silver.
My question is does anyone know where I can find that without spending too much?
If you have any other suggestions on what I could make it out of please let me know.

thanks

lasimmon
10-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Try an old metal garbage can? My buddy made a bender costume last year and used that for the body. It was epic.

lint
10-24-2011, 08:10 AM
years ago I picked up roll from a shop up in the NE on 32 ave, one of the shops between barlow and 19th, but can't remember the name. Just try the furniture/upholstery shops.

Tik-Tok
10-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by lint
years ago I picked up roll from a shop up in the NE on 32 ave, one of the shops between barlow and 19th, but can't remember the name. Just try the furniture/upholstery shops.

I'm not sure it's still there. The same building as CocoBrooks right? Used to see their sign "Your #1 Foam Source" all the time, but haven't for quite awhile now.

yeller
10-24-2011, 09:00 AM
you could always try using one of those blue foam camping mats. i believe a 1/2 inch thick mat goes for less than 10 bucks at army and navy.

lint
10-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm not sure it's still there. The same building as CocoBrooks right? Used to see their sign "Your #1 Foam Source" all the time, but haven't for quite awhile now.

sounds about right. I checked steetview and didn't see it. but it was > 5 years ago.